What is anxiety disorder?
Anxiety disorder is a normal response to stressful events or we can say that it is an alarm mechanism to prepare an individual for a physical response to perceived danger. Anxiety can be a feature of various medical conditions like hypoglycemia, hyperthyroidism, caffenism etc. anxiety disorder symptoms are considered clinically important when they are abnormally severe, usually prolonged, when causes impairment in social or occupational functioning.
Symptoms of anxiety disorder
- Symptoms of anxiety mainly include:
- Fear and apprehension
- Increased startle response
- Insomnia or disturbed sleep
- Mental and physical restlessness
- Lack of concentration or abstraction of mind
- Over sensitiveness
- Increased sweating
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of libido
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Numbness and tingling
Differential diagnosis of anxiety disorder
Anxiety should be differentiate mainly with panic attacks, phobic attack obsessive compulsive neurosis etc.
Anxiety disorder treatment
Anxiety disorder treatment with homeopathy – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat anxiety disorder but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for anxiety disorder treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, condition, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some important remedies are given below for anxiety disorder treatment:
- Aconite – sudden with restlessness and fear
- Arsenic album – prolonged with periodic and panic attacks
- Sulphur – with fainting spells, profuse sweating, worse in the morning
- Carbo veg – worse lying in bed and closing the eyes
- Borax – anxiety aggravated by upward or downward motion.
- Bryonia Alba – anxious about business even when seriously ill
- Calcaria carb – anxiety and fear in the evening with restlessness and palpitation
- Gelsemium – anxiety due ti fright, fear, exciting news; stage fright; worse while appearing for examination or interview
- Ignatia – anxiety due to grief of shock in the subconscious mind
- Anacardium – anxiety better after eating
Other important medicines include:
Pulsatilla, Sepia, Natrum Mur, Lachesis, Opium, Stramonium, cuprum met, Hyocyamus, lyssin, cannabis Ind, Lycopodium, kali Carb, camphor, Medorrhinum and various other medicines.
Anxiety disorder treatment with allopathic mode of treatment - Treatment is available by medication especially tricyclic antidepressants.
Other natural and alternative methods for anxiety disorder treatment – Hydrotherapy, Relaxation therapy, Massage therapy, Acupressure, Psycho therapy, Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Yoga therapy etc.