Aspergers syndrome is a developmental disorder characterized by severe impairments in reciprocal social interaction, the use of language for social discourse, and a circumscribed interest in unusual subjects. A difference in cognitive and social emotional skills that creates difficulty for an individual to understand their world and how to interact with it.
Individuals with asperger can exhibit a verity of characteristics and the disorder can range from mild to severe, they often have obsessive routines and may be preoccupied with a particular subject of interest. People with asperser tend to be “in their own world”. The onset of asperger commonly occurs after the age of 3. While language development seems, on the surface, normal, individuals with asperger syndrome often have deficits in pragmatics and prosody. Vocabularies may be extraordinarily rich, “however persons with aspergers can be extremely literal and have difficulty in using language in a social context.
Although symptoms of aspergers can be similar to autism disorder, but it is actually a different condition, The major difference between two disorders is that people with aspergers syndrome develop and can use language skills, while people with autism disorder have severe delays in developing language skills as a child.
Causes of asperger syndrome
- Neurobehavioral disorder – neurological dysfunction in the way the brain processes informed.
- Genetics – high incidence of inheritance particularly with fathers and other first and second degree relatives.
- Medial frontal and temporal lobe dysfunction
- Difficulty with pre, peri and post natal condition that might have caused minimal brain damage
- Can also occur with disabilities such as cerebral palsy, attention deficit disorder etc.
Symptoms of asperger
- Children with asperger will present many factors about their subject of interest, but their will seem to be no point of confusion.
- They often do not recognize that the other person has lost interest in the topic
- Areas of interest may be quite narrow, such as an obsession with train schedules, phone books, or collection of objects
- Repeats words
- Single mindedness
- Cannot start an appropriate conversation or keep going
- Social withdrawal
- Avoid eye contact
- Does not like changes in daily routine
- Do not express pleasure at other people’s happiness
- Does not understand other people’s facial expressions
- Has problem in making friends
- Repetitive finger flapping, twisting, or whole body movements
- Have difficulty in showing, bringing, or pointing out objects of interest to other people
- Lack of empathy
- May be bothered by loud noises,. Lights, or strong tastes or textures
- They do not recognize the need to change the volume of their voice in different settings
- Delays in being able to ride a bicycle, catch a ball
Diagnosis of asperger
Can be diagnosed by testing child’s learning style, speech and language, IQ, social and motor skills and according to characteristic symptoms.
Treatment of aspergers
Speech and language therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, physical and occupational therapy, social skills training will be helpful.
Homeopathic treatment of aspergers
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat aspergers but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for aspergers treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some important remedies are given below for aspergers treatment:
Chamomilla, Ignatia, Pulsatilla, Iodum, Hepar Sulph, Anacardium, Lycopodium, Causticum, Sanicula, Argentum Nit, Sulphur, Silicea, Bryonia, Antim Crude and many other medicines.