What is cancer?
Cancer is a diseased condition in which there is uncontrolled growth of a group of cells along with tendency of spreading or metastasis to other locations via lymph or blood. Cancer manifests itself in the form of tumor or leukemia. According to location of occurrence various kind of cancers are there like, lungs cancer, stomach cancer, breast cancer, liver cancer, oral cancer, esophagus cancer, colorectal cancer etc. Lung cancer is the most common cause of death all over the world. Almost all malignant cancers are associated with pain.
Symptoms of cancer
- Lung cancer – pain in chest along with cough, breathlessness and haemoptysis.
- Breast cancer – pain with lump and nipple discharge
- Gastro intestinal cancer – abdominal distension along with pain with haematemasis, melana, fresh bleeding per rectum, dysphagia and many other symptoms.
- CNS cancer – head pain with vomiting and obtundation caused due to raised intra cranial pressure.
- Genitourinary cancer – pelvic pain with haematuria and other obstructive urinary symptoms.
- Gynecological cancer – pelvic pain bleeding and vaginal discharge.
- Ear, nose and throat cancer – pain or difficulty on swallowing along with deafness, dysphonia, blocked nose, nasal discharge and ulcers in affected area.
Etiology of cancer
Alcohol – excessive intake of alcohol can cause various types of cancer like liver cancer, esophageal cancer.
Smoking – it is a most common cause of lung cancer.
Tobacco – excessive use of tobacco can easily cause oral cancer
Ultraviolet rays – UV rays causes damage to the skin which ultimately leads to skin cancer
Rich diet – heavy or fatty diet may cause cancer of colon, pancreas and uterus. Incidence is increased in persons who consume red meat, spices, salt-fish etc.
Family history – previous researches have shown that cancer may be hereditary also, it can run in families.
Precancerous conditions – if there is any pre cancerous condition present it can lead to cancer.
Chemical carcinogen – like asbestos, cadmium, nickel can cause cancer.
Diagnosis depends upon type of cancer. Some common diagnosis includes CT scan, MRI, X-RAY, ultrasonography, biopsy of tissue.
Treatment of cancer
Homeopathic treatment of cancer – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat cancer but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility.As far as therapeutic medication is concerned; several well-proved medicines are available for cancer treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some important remedies are given below for cancer treatment:
- Arsenic Alb. – Acts very well in the cancer of stomach with intense burning heat and dry skin with thirst and restlessness.
- Nitric Acid. – Cancer of the stomach with burning pain.
- Euphorbium. – Cancer of pelvic bones with severe burning pain like electric shocks.
- Sulphur - Cancer of the stomach with faint sinking sensation in the abdomen.
- Kreosote – Cancer of uterus with hemorrhage from uterus.
- Phytolacca. – Cancer of the mammae.
- Conium. – Excellent remedy for cancer of the lips.
- Condurango. – Especially in cancer of stomach and lips with painful cracks in the angle of mouth.
- Natrum Mur - Cancer of nose and skin.
- Hydrastis. – Cancer of lips and mammae.
- Aurum Ars. – Cancer of face and lips.
Allopathic treatment of cancer-It Includes Chemotherapy, Radiation Therapy, immunotherapy and Surgery which, depend upon location and stage of cancer.
Other modes of treatment- It includes Ayurvedic medicine, naturopathy with massage therapy, Meditation and Yoga, Acupuncture, Aloe Vera, Black co hash, Carctol, chaparral, Chiropractic, Echinacea, Essiac, Green tea, Gerson therapy, music therapy, Reiki, shiatsu, Traditional Chinese medicine, Visualization, Reflexology, Herbal medicine, Flower remedies, Aroma therapy etc in treatment of cancer.