Genital warts are usually6 flesh colored or could be grey colored growths found in the genital area and in anal region in both sexes. It is highly contagious sexually transmitted diseases. These are often known as condylomata acumemata or venaral warts. Genital warts are found on penis, vulva, and urethra, and vagina, cervix, around and in the anus. It is common, although most people have no symptoms.
Cause of genital warts
It is a viral infection caused by HPV, human papilloma virus. Warts may take 6 weeks to 6 months to appear after becoming infected with HPV.
It spreads via sexual contact involving the anal, oral or vaginal skin or mucus membrane.
Symptoms of genital warts
- The genital warts can be raised of flat and usually flesh colored
- They appear as cauliflower like growths
- There may be variation in the size. They may be as small as difficult to visualize by necked eye to size of a pea.
- Some times increased vaginal discharge
- Itching in affected area
- Vaginal bleeding during or after sexual intercourse
- There is increased moisture in affected part.
Diagnosis of genital warts
Diagnosis mainly include
- History of contact with affected person
- Colposcopy is beneficial to visualize invisible lesions
- Routine Pap smear
- Biopsy for unusual appearance of warts or recurrence
- Tests for HPV confirmation
Cure for genital warts
Homeopathic cure for genital warts – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat genital warts but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility.
As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available which have a very important role in cure for genital warts that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Few important medicines for the warts are given below which are helpful in cure for genital warts:
Antim crud, Causticum, Thuja, salicylic acid, Kali Mur, Nitric Acid, Magnesia Sulph, Sabina, Nat. Carb and many other medicines.
Patient should never use over counter medicine; several medicines are available in allopathic mode of treatment that can be taken orally or applied locally as prescribe by doctor.
- Laser therapy
- Surgical excision