Headache is defined as pain anywhere in the region of head which can occur due to many different medical conditions. Head pain can be localized or may radiate from one location to another location; it can also occur as referred pain which comes from any other region of the body. Now days it has become commonest ailment in the people all over the world. There are many forms of head pain like migraine, cluster headache, tension headache etc. there are various factors which can aggravate head pain like light noise, sound, strong smell etc.
Causes of headache
- Occipital neuralgia – Often caused due to damage to the nerve.
- Brain tumor – With increased intracranial pressure, headache often associated with vomiting.
- Injury or trauma – To the particular side of head can cause headache.
- Sinus infection – May cause one sided headache.
- Eye strain – headache can be caused due to weakness of vision or may associate with other medical conditions related to eyes.
- Meningitis – infection along with inflammation of the meninges in the tissue covering the brain and spinal cord causes severe head pain.
- Hypertension – common cause of head pain.
- Menopause – commonly found in women of menopausal age.
- Stress – stress, anxiety and depression may also precipitate head pain.
- Complications during pregnancy – headache may occur in some specific conditions during pregnancy like preeclampsia, eclampsia.
Diagnosis can be made on the basis of sign symptoms and cause of headache.
Treatment or Cure for Headaches
Treatment depends upon the cause and condition of the headache; there are some following systems which can be helpful in the treatment of head pain:
Cure headaches with homeopathy – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to cure headaches but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available to cure headaches that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are some specific homeopathic remedies which are quite helpful to cure headaches:
Aconite, Belladonna, Spigelia, Sanguinaria, Pulsatilla, Sulphur, Glonine, Natrum Mur, Natrum Carb, Arnica Mont, Arsenic Alb, Gelsemium, Platina, Bryonia, kali Carb, kali bi, Nux vomica, Onosmodium, Ignatia, sepia, phosphorus, Lachesis and many other medicines.
Allopathic treatment – Treatment is available by medication especially analgesics, corticosteroids, anticonvulsant drugs, and tricyclic antidepressants.
Other natural and alternative methods of treatments helpful to cure headaches – Hydrotherapy, Relaxation therapy, Massage therapy, Acupressure, Acupuncture, Naturopathy, Yoga therapy, Psycho therapy etc.