Gas symptoms refers to symptoms which are caused due to excessive accumulation of gas in digestive tract especially when person is not able to pass the gas..
Causes of gas symptoms
- Fibre rich diet – leads to formation of gas.
- Carbonated drinks – like soda and beer.
- Constipation – causes bloating and distension of abdomen.
- Medical conditions – such as diverticulitis, inflammatory bowel disease etc.
- Antibiotics- gas pain may caused due to side effects of certain antibiotic drugs.
- Laxatives – excessive use of laxative drugs may also lead to gas formation lead to pain.
- Food intolerance – intolerance of certain food products especially dairy products can also cause increase gas formation often associated with diarrhea and weight loss.
- Passing of gas – in the form of Voluntary or involuntary flatulence or belching
- Sharp intense pain or cramps – in abdomen which can change locations quickly
- Chest pain – which can mistaken for heart disease
- Abdomen distension – it is the most common symptom associate with gas complaints.
- Feeling of discomfort – usually feel in abdomen.
- Headache – also can occur when gas formation occurs with constipation.
Diagnosis can be made on the basis of cause of gas pain.
Treatment of gas symptoms
Prior to the treatment it is necessary to correct the diet for the person who is suffering from gas symptoms.
Homeopathic treatment of gas symptoms – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat gas symptoms but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for gas symptoms treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensation, modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are some specific homeopathic remedies which have remarkable action over gas symptoms:
China, Carbo Veg, Lycopodium, Raphanus, Carbolic Acid, Nux Mosq, Chamomilla, Lac Can, Allium Cepa, Argentums Nit, Lachesis. Pulsatilla, Nux Vom and many other medicines.