Leg muscle pain is described as aching and cramping in the muscles of the legs. It is a common complaint which can involve one or more than one muscle at the same time. Muscle pain can also involve surrounding tissues. Musculoskeletal disorder is the major problem now days whose impact upon the individual’s quality of life is well known.
Common causes of leg muscle pain
- Injury or trauma – any kind of injury to the muscle can cause mild to severe muscle aching.
- Overuse or overstretching – causes damage to the muscle fibers.
- Polio – caused due to infection from poliovirus has special affinity for nerves.
- Malaria – parasitic infection in which there is muscle pain with high fever and intense chill.
- Myopathy – it is a disease of muscles in which there is aching of muscles along with weakness.
- Hyperthyroidism – with muscular weakness and weight loss.
- Rabies – severe CNS infection causes muscular pain along with stiffness.
- Arthritis – important cause of muscular pain along with joints.
- Tetanus – disease caused by infection of bacteria clostridium tetani causes severe muscle pain with twitching, stiffness and spasm.
- Dengue fever – viral infection in which muscle pain occurs along with high fever.
- Typhoid fever – infection caused due to salmonella typhi, muscle pain with fever, headache, malaise and many other symptoms.
- Muscular abscess – pain along with inflammation and collection of pus.
Diagnosis of leg muscle pain
A diagnosis entirely depends upon condition and causation.
Treatment for leg muscle pain
Homeopathic treatment of leg muscle pain – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat leg muscle pain but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for leg muscle pain treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following medicines which cover leg muscle pain:
Rhus Tox, Bryonia, Arnica, Causticum, Calcaria carb, Cuprum Met, Mag phos, Plumbum Met, Calcaria Phos and various other medicines.
Allopathic treatment of leg muscle pain – entirely depend upon cause and medical condition.
Other natural and alternative modes treatment include – Hydrotherapy, Ayurveda, Relaxation therapy, Massage therapy, Acupressure, Acupuncture, Physiotherapy, Psycho therapy etc.