Pruritus vulva is the inflammation and itching of vulval area.
Causes of Pruritus vulva
- Mainly diabetes; it is most important cause.
- Protozoal infection, especially trichomonas.
- Fungus infection
- Discharge from the cervix, especially gonorrheal
- Discharges caused by neglected passaries or vesico-vaginal fistula.
- Thread worms in children
- Eczema around vulva can cause Pruritus.
- Toxemia during pregnancy
- Premenstrual congestion
- Deficiency of ovarian hormones with atrophy of external genitals.
- In many cases, no cause is found, where diet and unhygienic habits of living are considered to be the causing factor.
Investigations in case of Pruritus vulva
- History – present history is to be recorded. Especially the mode of onset of Pruritus, its duration, intensity, relation with menstruation, other associated symptoms related to cause.
- General examination – through and painstaking examination should be done for evidences of dermatological or deficiency disease.
- Local examination- to note the condition of the vulva, vagina pelvic organs, urethra, bladder, rectum, anus to determine any local causative factor.
- Investigations – include examination of all discharges; blood glucose tolerance test, gastric analysis for achlorhyria biopsy from the vulva.
Homeopathic treatment for Pruritus vulva
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat Pruritus vulva but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat Pruritus vulva that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following remedies which are helpful in the treatment of Pruritus vulva:
Caladium, Carbo Veg, Ambra G, Collinsonia, Helonias, Hydrogenium, Bacillus Morgan, Senecula, Silicea, Staphisagria, Sulphur, Bacillus Sycoccus (Paterson), Tarantula, Urtica Urens, kali Iod, Cina, Aconite, Antim Crude, Borax, Sepia, Tabacum, Agaricus, Kreosote, Alumina, Anacardium, Calcaria Carb, Hydrangea, Mercurius and many other medicines.