When I visited the site where the Bristlecone pines grow in 2005, I felt the trees were standing there in isolation; they didn’t make contact with any other living being, including humans and each other. They are just passing on the information between heaven and earth, and they are outside our time frame.
- An elderly, deaf man was unable to understand me.
- I cannot get in touch with her.
- It isn’t easy to remain invisible.
- I could not understand what they said; I was not familiar with the language and they spoke too softly.
- I tried to make a call using a telephone that wasn’t connected.
- Unscathed, without a worry, as if nothing had happened.
- I feel distant from him.
- You’re supposed to discuss that before you do it.
- I’m unable to identify any of those present as someone that I know.
DREAMS – CUT, being
DREAMS – DEAFNESS
DREAMS – DISCONNECTED – being disconnected; of
DREAMS – INVISIBLE; she is
DREAMS – RECOGNIZE – not
DREAMS – SEPARATED; being
DREAMS – TELEPHONES – not connected
DREAMS – UNMOVED
Running, hurry and rush
Interpretation: This rubric is related to the speeded-up external time we are experiencing now. We humans are unable to cope with this speed any longer. We are caught between the two definitions of time: the external time frame (spurred on by social pressure) which is gaining speed all the time, and our internal clock dealing with feedback and development at a rate we humans can digest. (1) The living trees are in a time frame of their own and don’t care about our hurrying and rushing.
- I could not go home because there was so much to do; I had to work overtime.
- He leaves the house, running; two of the others were following him.
- The boat becomes more of a speedboat, racing across the water. There seems no stopping it, it’s going at full tilt.
- Quickly, I slipped upstairs.
DREAMS – BUSY, being
DREAMS – HURRY
DREAMS – RUNNING
DREAMS – TIME – short of time; he is running
DREAMS – TIMELESSNESS
DREAMS – WORK – overtime
Interpretation: This is connected to this time as well. Everything seems large and massive these days.
- A large mass of people.
- The window was huge.
- The head of an elk is being fixed on high, looking down on you.
DREAMS – ARROGANT
DREAMS – CAR – big
DREAMS – HOUSE – big
DREAMS – KINGS
DREAMS – LOOKING – down from above
DREAMS – ROOMS – big
The theme of being alone, being left to your own resources, is one that appears regularly in dreams.
Interpretation: It belongs to the theme of being disconnected, unconnected, as well. Our internal feedback is disconnected to external communication, which gives a feeling of loneliness.
- She did everything by herself.
- I was the only one who did not get anything.
- I did not join them in their meal.
- Why are they not together?
DREAMS – ALONE; being
DREAMS – COOPERATING
DREAMS – FORSAKEN; being
Sadness and crying
A number of dreams were about sadness and crying.
Interpretation: Sadness is the consequence of the loss of our connection between our own feedback (which, in turn, depends on our internal time frame) and external communication.
- A little sad as well.
- She told me she was immensely unhappy.
- In the meantime she was all in tears.
- The sick girl is starting to cry.
DREAMS – SADNESS
DREAMS – WEEPING; about
Black, white and dark
Dreams including black (or white) and dark. In Diospyros kaki (2) the theme was mainly white; in this remedy I largely see the dark side.
- His Labrador (black dog).
- A black bus.
- Showing black stripes.
- It is dark already.
- Long, dark hair.
- White window-curtains.
DREAMS – COLORED – black
DREAMS – COLORED – black – white; and
DREAMS – DARKNESS
There are many dreams based on the theme of something being dirty, cleaning up and renewal/replacement.
Interpretation: This can be taken to mean that the remedy could help in letting old and dark issues go.
- Cleaning up, painting and ordering the house.
- The right side of my trousers were full of my own excrements.
- I found a bag. However, the outside was dirty so I threw that side away.
- Packing up. Filling large boxes, throwing out the junk and packing up the stuff.
DREAMS – CLEANING – house
DREAMS – CLOSET – dirty – cleaning
DREAMS – DIRTY – bag
DREAMS – HOUSE – new
Orderly and critical
Frequently, dreams that included a description of someone being orderly or critical came up.
- Very neat galoshes.
- From what my mother told me I gather this boy taught his children very strictly and they became very polite.
- He was most critical.
- I did my best.
- I had to censure the people some more about their being on time.
- It is not done just to shoot at everything; there are rules to be followed.
DREAMS – CENSORIOUS
DREAMS – FASTIDIOUS
MIND – DUTY – too much sense of duty
Thieves, being pursued and fleeing.
Several dreams had to do with being pursued, fleeing, stealing and getting caught. A theme that is recurring daily in the dreams of one of the participants before she took part in the dream proving, used to be: murder, manslaughter and pursuit. During the proving she did not dream about this.
Interpretation: This is also about the dark side which comes up so it can be transformed.
- My bike was stolen; a second bike disappears.
- We have been caught doing something and flee the premises along with someone else.
- Like a real thief. I don’t have any idea that I just broke into that house at all.
- Being on the run for someone.
DREAMS – CATCH – being caught
DREAMS – ESCAPING
DREAMS – FLEEING
DREAMS – PURSUED, being
DREAMS – ROBBERS
Two complete dreams cited:
1: I was able to fly up to the top of a pine tree where an owl was sitting. It had golden, glossy feathers showing black streaks. This was close to a supermarket where a friend of mine happened to be, too. We got two packs of toilet paper and then went out into another room. This room had warm, rusty brown earthy colours.
Interpretation: This dream refers to the pine tree, the connexion with the cosmos/spirituality and the earth. Also to wisdom (the owl) of the tree and the possibility to let things go (toilet paper). The woman who dreamed this said: The pine tree that stays green in winter and is able to keep its light during the dark days, that is wisdom. To fly means freedom. Therefore this has to do with the basic chakra and the uppermost crown chakra, since the owl had golden feathers, which is a symbol of the crown chakra.
2: I dreamed that I worked undercover for some kind of criminal investigation agency. I failed to understand them because they were talking so very softly. Moreover I did not hear what language they were speaking; I even failed to notice if they were speaking English. I awoke without any positive or negative feelings, it did not make any difference to me.
Interpretation: This dream, and its waking, refers to the rubric of no communication, of feeling distant from others, being insensitive, even to one’s own feelings.
Physical complaints inside the dreams
Some participants described physical complaints affecting them in their dream. Notable among the complaints were those referring to the legs (connexion with the earth) and hearing (communication) were conspicuous.
- Hard to move, something wrong with my legs.
- In a wheelchair. (2x)
- An elderly deaf man who was unable to understand me.
- I could not understand what they said.
DREAMS – EQUILIBRIUM; unstable
DREAMS – LEG – difficult motion
DREAMS – WHEELCHAIR – sitting in
DREAMS – CONTACT; no
DREAMS – DEAFNESS
Some additional rubrics:
DREAMS – ANOREXIA NERVOSA
DREAMS – FEAR – narrow place, in
DREAMS – HEMORRHAGE – stomach
DREAMS – MENSES
DREAMS – TIREDNESS; of
DREAMS – VOMITING
Physical symptoms during the proving
During the proving several participants experienced some physical symptoms.
Most conspicuous are symptoms related to female sex organs and hormones.
I hereby cite them as repertory rubrics.
CHEST – RETRACTION of nipples
- BACK – PAIN – menses – during
- FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX – METRORRHAGIA – menopause – during
- FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX – METRORRHAGIA – menses – between
- FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX – MENSES – scanty
- FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX – PAIN – Ovaries – burning
- FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX – PAIN – Ovaries – cramping
- GENERALS – HEAT – flushes of – menopause; during
Some participants experienced mind related symptoms that occur in the dreams too, such as:
MIND – DELUSIONS – separated – world; from the – he is separated
MIND – INDIFFERENCE – morning – waking; on
MIND – SADNES
VERTIGO – VERTIGO
HEAD – HEAVINESS – lying – bed; in – agg.
EAR – PAIN
HEARING – ILLUSIONS – ceiling, on the – cracking
NOSE – SMELL – altered