Hpathy.com / Homeopathy for Everyone invites the submission of articles, essays, book-reviews, case studies, research and correspondence that relate to homeopathy, health, alternative and general medicine. The purpose of our journal is to provide a platform for learning and professional growth and interaction for the homeopathic community.
These guidelines are offered as a way to support your work and to set broad parameters for submission to this publication. Please do not hesitate to email us (email@example.com) if you have questions or concerns about an article you are thinking about writing. We are happy to discuss article ideas with willing writers.
Hpathy.com gets millions of visitors every year and our readers include not only professional homeopaths but also students, lay homeopaths, nurses, conventional doctors, patients and people looking for health related information. We have readers from all over the world who vary widely in practice experience, homeopathic philosophy and access to homeopathic education. Because of this, we aim to provide a reading culture which is equally varied, while staying within the (debatable!) confines of classical homeopathy. All articles are reviewed by our editors before publication. Articles may be sent back for revisions, when applicable.
Benefits of Getting Published at Hpathy.com
When your articles or cases get published at Hpathy.com, your work gets the international exposure that it deserves. With more than 65,000 subscribers across the world and half a million monthly readers, your work goes beyond the geographical confines.
As the most read and prestigious homeopathic publication, you get recognition from around the world. From young students to the biggest gurus, everyone gets to read your work. You can even mention your published pieces in your own curriculum vitae.
Homeopathy for Everyone, the e-journal published by Hpathy.com, is a registered journal. It has been allotted the ISSN number 2581-5644. As a registered journal Homeopathy for Everyone provides your content greater recognition and academic acceptance. It already offers you the widest international reach with more than 65000 subscribers and the trust of being in publication every month since 2004.
Hpathy.com is searched by millions of patients and homeopaths every year for disease specific articles and cases. Your published articles also become a constant source of referral for your practice.
Paper journals often get archived and the articles published in them become inaccessible after some time. Hpathy.com has a searchable article index and the articles once published, always remain accessible to people looking for relevant information.
Subjects to write about:
Homeopathy in general, history of homeopathy and medicine, organon and philosophy (general, and approach of specific stalwarts), repertory (general and details/approach to various repertories), homeopathic pharmacy, materia medica, therapeutics (with full medical information about the disease being covered), research (theoretical/clinical/physical) related to homeopathy, seminar reports, alternative medicine, health, well being, diet, nutrition and fitness, vaccination, book-reviews of homeopathic and alternative medicine books etc.
General guidelines for all articles/cases:
1. Unpublished or Published articles can be submitted to Hpathy.com for publication
2. There is no maximum word limit for the articles or cases.
3. Historical articles and cases can also be submitted for publication.
4. Articles, Papers or Cases can be submitted by people who have not authored them if they obtain explicit permission from the author or the publisher to reproduce it at Hpathy.com.
5. To submit articles – send your articles as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The articles can be in .doc/.html/.txt/.rtf/.pdf format. Articles should be typed in double space, preferably in fonts Verdana or Tahoma.
6. Include a bio of yourself: limit to 200 words approx. Mention your qualification and any research papers or books published. Include your website and Linkedin profile links, if you have one. Send a photograph if possible.
7. All articles should contain an Abstract or Summary of 100 to 200 word-length.
8. Italicize all remedies and spell out remedy names completely (i.e. Calcarea carb., not Calc carb. The first word in a two word Latin named remedy is capitalized, the second is not.)
9. Use appropriate references, acknowledgments and credits when necessary for books, periodicals, teachers, and computer programs. We encourage the referencing of data with superscript numbers in the text and a listing of these sources at the end of the article as Endnotes.
10. Writing style: Use small paragraphs. Use subheadings when writing a long article or case.
11. Do not submit your article simultaneously to other publications.
12. The copyright of all the articles, cases, images and any other material submitted to Hpathy for publication, unless otherwise specified, is retained by Hpathy.com.
13. Hpathy.com reserves the right to republish or translate and publish the articles, cases, images and any other material submitted to it for publication, on any of its associated sites or journal (electronic or paper) in any language.
14. The authors are solely responsible for the content of their articles. By publishing an article or case, Hpathy.com or its directors/editors do not endorse the views of the author. The author is solely responsible for any legal action/consequences arising due to and from any article, case, image or any other information submitted by the author to Hpathy.com.
15. Under no circumstances, an article will be unpublished, once it is published online. The article cannot be withdrawn (after publication) for any reasons.
Guidelines for cases:
1. There must be at least one year follow-up for all chronic cases, and appropriate follow-up for acute cases.
2. You should take a patient’s consent prior to submitting his/her case to our journal/website. Hpathy.com will not be responsible for any litigation arising from non-compliance of this suggestion. Change identifying information as necessary. Patient photographs should cover the eyes and/or any identifiable feature.
3. For chronic cases, we are interested in your thought processes during case taking and case analysis and those which reflect your thoughts about the case over long term follow-up. We are less interested in cases which don’t teach much. Feel free to elaborate on the how and why you managed the case as you did. Let readers see your shortcomings, what didn’t work and why and how you were able to turn a case around.
4. For acute cases it is not necessary to elaborate so, but do discuss your differential diagnosis in terms of allopathic diagnosis if relevant, as well as the remedy selection.
5. If you use other modalities simultaneously, describe these in detail: diet, herbal medicine, nutrition, etc. Most readers are curious as to how other people actually practice in the larger scheme of things.
6. If you are presenting a case of an unusual pathology, please describe briefly the pathophysiology and usual prognosis.
7. Discuss the allopathic treatments which are being used simultaneously.
8. Include repertorization- why you chose those rubrics, how you actually did the repertorization.
9. Offer comparative materia medica if possible.
Books and Software for Reviews
Hpathy.com is the only homeopathy website which publishes extensive book reviews and homeopathy software reviews. Authors and publishers get a unique chance to promote their books among the world ‘s largest online homeopathic community.
- Books/Software can be sent to Hpathy.com for review by Hpathy editors.
- Book reviews from other neutral reviewers can also be submitted for publication.
- Books/Software should be related to homeopathy, alternative medicine or holistic health.
- Write to us at email@example.com with details about the book/software you wish to get reviewed and we will give you the name and addresses of the reviewers to ship to.
- The author or the publisher will bear the cost of the book/Software and the postage for the book/Software. Under no circumstances shall Hpathy.com or its directors or its editors pay for the books/Software or their postage.
- All books/Software sent to Hpathy.com are non-returnable.
- Although Hpathy.com tries to publish reviews of all the books/Software, it does not guarantee that it would publish review of every book that it receives.
- Although Hpathy.com tries to review the books/Software at the earliest possible, there is no fixed time frame during which a book is reviewed.
- Hpathy.com retains exclusive copyright to all the book-reviews and software-reviews written by its editors and published at Hpathy.com.
Submit your work to us at firstname.lastname@example.org