Bowel incontinence is involuntary passage of feces from the anus. It is not as common as urinary incontinence. It has many causes, including trauma, neurological diseases, and inability to reach the toilet on time. Fecal material is very irritating, and causes skin breakdown.
Common causes of bowel incontinence
- Inflammatory disease
- Infectious disease
- Solitary rectal ulcer
- Psychiatric disorder
- Generalized neuropathy
- Descending perineum
Functional gastrointestinal disorder: functional bowel incontinence
- Rectal propalse
- Rectovaginal fistula
- Anorectal fistula
- Trauma: injury or surgical or obstetric sequel.
Symptoms of bowel incontinence
- Constant dribbling of soft stool
- Fecal odor
- Fecal staining of bedding
- Fecal staining of clothing
- Inability to delay defecation
- Inability to recognize urge to defecate
- Inattention to urge defecate
- Recognizes rectal fullness but reports inability to expel formed stool
- Red perianal skin
- Self report inability to recognize rectal fullness
Diagnosis of bowel incontinence
- Blood tests
- Barium enema
- Rectal pr pelvic ultrasound
- Stool culture
- Balloon sphinctrogram (X ray procedure using a special dye to evaluate how well the sphincter contracts.)
- Test of anal sphincter tone or monometry
- Defecography (X-ray procedure to observe bowel movements.)
Homeopathic treatment for bowel incontinence
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat bowel incontinence but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat bowel incontinence that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following remedies which are helpful in the treatment of bowel incontinence:
Phosphoric Acid, Secale Cor, Natrum Mur, Natrum Phos, Aloe, Rhus Tox, Sulphur, Arnica Montana, Belladonna, Phosphorous, Arsenic Album, Lachesis, Nux Vomica, Kali Carb, Cuprum Met, Crotolus H, Colocynth, Bryonia, Psorinum, Pulsatilla, Causticum, Oxalic Acid, Muriatic Acid, China and many other medicines.
An elderly friend of mine is suffering from accidental bowel leakage and she is quite embarrassed whenever she experiences it. It’s a good thing that this article tells us more about it and even provided a treatment for it. Much appreciated!
I have bowel incontinence
What homeopathic medicine is advised to be taken
I am asmathic person,have high blood pressure and hipotireoidism!