Are you looking for a homeopathic cure for diphtheria? This article discusses the homeopathy treatment of diphtheria along with the best homeopathic medicine for diphtheria treatment.
Diphtheria is an acute bacterial disease caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheriae that usually affects the tonsils, throat, nose and/or skin associated with fever, sore throat and grayish green membrane over the mucus membrane of the pharynx, larynx, tonsils, soft palate, and nose.
How it spreads?
It is passed from person to person by droplet transmission, usually by breathing in diphtheria bacteria after an infected person has coughed, sneezed or even laughed. It can also be spread by handling used tissues or by drinking from a glass used by an infected person.
Diphtheria – Homeopathy Treatment & Homeopathic Remedies
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of homeopathic medicines for Diphtheria is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat diphtheria but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat diphtheria that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following remedies which are helpful in the treatment of diphtheria:
- Great and sudden prostration and very high pulse.
- The weakness is extreme, collapse symptoms showing themselves even at the commencement of the disease.
- There is an exudation in the throat; at first it is white, but it may turn dark and threaten to become gangrenous.
- The tongue is brownish and blackish, with foetid breath, nose bleed, loss of appetite, profuse flow of saliva, etc.
- It is especially a remedy in the malignant type of diphtheria and when the disease invades the nostrils.
- The great prostration will serve to distinguish it from kali bichromicum.
- The Nosode of Diphtheria and the idea of its use did not urgent with Boerhing, nor with Roux. Long before Pasture, a German homoeopathist named Lux conceived the isopathic idea and successfully treated cases with it.
- Diphtherinum has Painless diphtheria
- Patient too weak, apathetic or too prostrated
- Dark red swelling of tonsils and palatine arches; parotid and cervical glands greatly swollen; breathe and discharges from throat, nose and mouth very offensive; tongue swollen, very red, little coating.
- Swallows without pain, but fluids are vomited or returned by the nose; breath horribly offensive.
- Homeopathic medicines for Diphtheria, which is perhaps more useful when there is violent cough.
- There is apt to be deep ulceration and a thick, tenacious exudation, often streaked with blood.
- The membrane is yellow looking and the cough is croupy and accompanied with pain in the chest.
- Yellow-coated or dry, red tongue.
- Tough, tenacious exudation.
- Pain, extending to neck and shoulders.
These, and the fact that it is most useful in the later stage of the disease, when the line of demarcation has formed and the slough has commenced to separate, make the indication for the drug certain.
- Homeopathic medicines for Diphtheria indicated on a clinical basis, and it is one of the legacies of Schuessler to Homoeopathy.
- That it is a most excellent remedy and deserving of a high place in the treatment of diphtheria cannot be doubted by anyone who has ever tried it.
- The only indication we have are pain on swallowing, and white deposit in throat; but numerous well-marked cases of the disease have been treated with the remedy and symptoms like prostration, thick exudation over the tonsils, and entire soft palate, foetid breath, etc., have entirely disappeared.
- Ulcers with foul secretions and offensive discharges. It is one of the best remedies to prevent extension to the nasal mucous membrane.
- Lachesis is a wonderfully good remedy in diphtheria.
- Great sensitiveness of the throat will always bring it into mind.
- Further indications are the appearance of the disease first on the left side of the throat, spreading to the right.
- Extremely painful and difficult swallowing, violent prostration and great foetor, the patient sleeping into an aggravation of all symptoms.
- The dyspnoea is so marked that the patient must sit up to breathe.
- There is a purplish throat and much swelling and infiltration externally
- A characteristic symptom of lachesis is that the throat feels worse from empty swallowing.
- Homeopathic medicines for Diphtheria, perhaps the most characteristic symptom calling for this remedy is the extreme weakness.
- Nose bleed of dark and putrid blood is also a prominent symptom.
- There is a foetid breath and oedematous uvula, a yellowish-gray deposit on tonsils, uvula and posterior pharyngeal wall.
- Excoriating thin discharge from nose.
- Pulse intermittent and patient weak.
- Tongue dry, lips dry and cracked.
- It is a remedy decidedly applicable to low, poisoned states of the blood, such as are found in diphtheritic conditions .
- Acts especially in cases of diphtheric paralysis of pharynx.
- It changes sides starting on one side, frequently the left; the soreness and swelling suddenly shifts to the opposite side only to return in a few hours to the starting point.
- The membrane is yellow, grayish, curdy.
- If ulcer are formed, they like silver glass;
- Paralysis of the throat so that the fluids return by the nose when drinking.
- Remarkable remedy for diphtheria, first stage of diphtheria; may be given as a preventive.
- Diphtheria insidiously progressing.
- Small amount of pain accompanying intense and extensive inflammation.
- Oedema of throat, uvula edematous and enlarged.
- Breathing difficult from oedema of glottis.
- Tonsils especially right sided, studded with deep, gray, angry-looking ulcerations
- Homeopathic medicines for Diphtheria where blood oozes from nose and mouth, persistent hemorrhage.
- Difficulty in swallowing,
- Great thirst.
- Vomiting and diarrhea.
- Excessive prostration.
- Pulse small and weak.
- Diphtheria of right side and nose and spreading to left side.
- Desire for warm drinks which are grateful to the throat.
- Tonsils, tongue, and fauces swollen.
- Diphtheric and throat affections where the cervical and parotid glands are enormously swollen;
- Membrane begins on or is worse on right side; aggravation by warm drinks, and empty swallowing
- Diphtheria: tonsils inflamed, uvula swollen, elongated, constant desire to swallow.
- Membrane thick, gray, shared like- borders adherent or free.
- Inflammatory conditions of throat; intense throbbing pain with headache and convulsions
- Excoriating discharges are characteristic of this remedy.
- In diphtheria, however, there is a peculiar symptom; there is much distress and uneasiness at the stomach and vomiting of all food
- There is prostration and a membrane in the nose and throat.
- Especially is Nitric acid a remedy in nasal diphtheria, with a white deposit in the nose and ulcerative conditions which are sensitive.
- There is foetid odor and sticking pains in throat; the pulse is intermittent; swallowing is difficult and painful.
- Pain in the back and limbs, a general aching all over with great prostration is general characteristics of this remedy.
- Highly-inflamed throat, which is much swollen, so sore and sensitive that deglutition is almost impossible, pain shooting to ears.
- Thick-coated tongue, foetid breath, swollen glands, high, rapid and weak pulse and a grayish membrane, we have a picture of diphtheria that Phytolacca will cure.
- Great burning in the throat is also an indication, and chilliness as the disease commences.
- Last, but not least, we have Arsenicum, and it may save when no remedy will.
- It is mainly a remedy indicated by its general symptoms alone, such as low fever, prostration, restlessness, thirst, foetid breath, etc., hence it is not a true diphtheria remedy.
- It is most useful in the later stage of the disease when indicated by these very symptoms
- The throat will be much swollen inside and out, the membrane will be dark, and there will be much foetor, and there will be present considerable oedema.
- It may correspond to the prodromal stage also, with the tired-out feeling, thirst and feverish flush.
- Arsenic iodide may prove curative for the septic conditions and hoarseness which sometimes remain after diphtheria.
Symptoms of Diphtheria
Clinical cases of diphtheria characteristically show a thick, patchy, grayish green membrane over the mucus membrane of the pharynx, larynx, tonsils, soft palate, and nose. In its early stages, diphtheria may be mistaken for a severe sore throat. Other symptoms include a low-grade fever and enlarged lymph nodes (swollen glands) located in the neck. Another presentation of diphtheria can be skin lesions that may be painful, red and swollen.
In more advanced stages, the patient may have difficulty breathing or swallowing, complain of double vision, have slurred speech, or even show signs of going into shock (pale, cold skin; rapid heartbeat; sweating; and an anxious appearance).
- Poor nutrition
- Adults over 60 and children under 5
- Unhygienic living conditions
- Community outbreak
- Lack of immunizations
Diagnosis of Diphtheria
- Examination showing the characteristic membrane
- Throat culture, or culture of other suspect lesions growing C. diphtheria, confirms the diagnosis.
Treatment of Diphtheria
- Diphtheria antitoxin to neutralise diphtheria toxin.
- Antibiotics such as erythromycin and penicillin.
Clinical complications of Diphtheria
- Dehydration is often present due to dysphagia(difficulty in eating).
- Airway obstruction may develop and may progress to death in severe cases.
- Myocarditis (inflammation of heart muscles) is commonly encountered.
- Degenerative changes occur in the central nervous system in almost all fatal cases.
The above information about homeopathy treatment of diphtheria is only for information purpose. Please consult a professional homeopath before taking any homeopathic medicine for diphtheria.
Diphtheria Cases Cured with Homeopathic Medicine
Three cases of Diphtheria – by Hpathy.com
Leave a Comment