Gas pain refers to pain or feeling of discomfort that causes due to excessive accumulation of gas in digestive tract especially when person is not able to pass the gas.
Causes of gas pain
- Fibre rich diet – lead to formation of gas.
- Carbonated drinks – like soda and beer.
- Constipation – causes bloating and distension of abdomen.
- Medical conditions – such as diverticulitis, inflammatory bowel disease etc.
- Antibiotics- gas pain may caused due to side effects of certain antibiotic drugs.
- Luxatives – excessive use of laxative drugs may also lead to gas formation lead to pain.
- Food intolerance – intolerance of certain food products especially dairy products can also cause increase gas formation often associated with diarrhea and weight loss.
Symptoms associated with gas complaints
- Passing of gas – in the form of Voluntary or involuntary flatulence or belching
- Sharp intense pain or cramps – in abdomen which can change locations quickly
- Chest pain – which can mistaken for heart disease
- Abdomen distension – it is the most common symptom associate with gas complaints.
Diagnosis can be made on the basis of cause of gas pain.
Treatment of Gas Pain
Prior to the treatment it is necessary to correct the diet for the person who is suffering from gas pain.
Homeopathic treatment of gas pain – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach.
This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat gas pain but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for gas pain treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are some specific homeopathic remedies which have remarkable action over gas pain:
China, Carbo Veg, Lycopodium, Raphanus, Carbolic Acid, Nux Mosq, Chamomilla, Lac Can, Allium Cepa, Argentums Nit, Lachesis. Pulsatilla, Nux Vom and many other medicines
Allopathic treatment – Treatment is available by medication especially analgesics, anti- spasmodic drugs etc .basically treatment is based upon cause and condition.
Other alternative methods of treatments include – Hydrotherapy, Relaxation therapy, Massage therapy, Acupressure, Acupuncture, activated charcoal, lactose supplements, peppermint tea etc etc.