Are you looking for a homeopathic cure for genital herpes? This article discusses the homeopathy treatment of genital herpes along with the best homeopathic medicine for genital herpes treatment.
Genital herpes is an infection caused by the herpes simplex virus or HSV.
What is Herpes virus?
Herpesviridae is a large family of DNA viruses that cause diseases in animals, including humans. The members of this family are also known as herpesviruses. The family name is derived from the Greek word herpein (“to creep”), referring to the latent, recurring infections typical of this group of viruses. Herpesviridae can cause latent or lytic infections. Nine herpesvirus types are known to infect humans. They includes:
- Three—herpes simplex virus type 1, herpes simplex virus type 2, and varicella-zoster virus (herpesvirus type 3, which causes chickenpox and shingles)—cause infections that produce blisters on the skin or mucus membranes.
- Epstein-Barr virus (herpesvirus type 4) causes infectious mononucleosis and may be involved in certain cancers (such as nasopharyngeal cancer, Burkitt lymphoma, and Hodgkin lymphoma).
- Cytomegalovirus (herpesvirus type 5) is a cause of serious infections in newborns and in people with a weakened immune system. It can also cause symptoms similar to infectious mononucleosis in people with a healthy immune system.
- Human herpesviruses 6 and 7 cause a childhood infection called roseola infantum.
- Human herpesvirus 8 causes certain cancers (Kaposi sarcoma and some types of lymphoma), in people with a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS.
How does someone get Genital Herpes?
Most people get genital herpes by having sex with someone who is having a herpes “outbreak.” This outbreak means that HSV is active. When active, the virus usually causes visible lesions in the genital area. The lesions shed (cast off) viruses that can infect another person. A person with genital herpes also can infect a sexual partner during oral sex. The virus is spread only rarely, if at all, by touching objects such as a toilet seat or hot tub.
Homeopathic Remedies & Homeopathy Treatment for Genital Herpes
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic medicines for genital herpes focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines for genital herpes are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc. A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of chronic conditions. The medicines given below indicate the therapeutic affinity but this is not a complete and definite guide to the treatment of this condition. The symptoms listed against each medicine may not be directly related to this disease because in homeopathy general symptoms and constitutional indications are also taken into account for selecting a remedy. To study any of the following remedies in more detail, please visit our Materia Medica section. None of these medicines should be taken without professional advice.
Many homeopathic remedies have been known to cure genital herpes.
Some of these are –
- Natrum mur
- Calcarea carb
- Crotolus horridus
- Nitric acid
- Phosphoric acid
- Homeopathic medicines for genital herpes has very marked skin symptoms, acting on sweat and oil glands; Ailments are worse during the winter season. Marked aggravation from mental emotions.
- Feels that death is near, and must hurry to settle affairs. Irritable, easily offended, vexed at everything. Strong aversion to fat food, meat; worse, eating cabbage.
- Hunger, immediately after stool. Nausea, with accumulation of water in mouth. Gastralgia when stomach is empty; relieved by constant eating. Herpetic eruption on genitals.
- Prostate inflamed and swollen. Itching in urethra. Genitals sore and moist. Sensation of moisture.
- Herpes like eruptions or condylomata about genitals and anus; gonorrhea with chancres and warts; small blisters on orifice of urethra and inner surface of prepuce, forming chancre-like ulcers.
- Smarting sensation while urinating; violent horrible pains, much swelling and tenderness; burning in urethra, discharge sometimes bloody.
- Homeopathic medicines for genital herpes has burning itching, humid or scurfy herpes preputalis; chappy herpes, with a circular desquamation of skin.
- Eruptions on glans and labia; indolent chancres; itching and dry eruptions on genitals, condylomata; chancres on glans and prepuce.
- Herpes and offensive sweat about genitals; the skin lies in folds; eruptions are prone to appear in spring, their base inflamed, the crusts detach readily out of doors and the adjoining skin becomes chapped.
- A great remedy for certain forms of intermittent fever, anaemia, chlorosis, many disturbances of the alimentary tract and skin.
- Great debility; most weakness felt in the morning in bed. Coldness. Emaciation most notable in neck. Great liability to take cold.
- Dry mucous membranes. Constrictive sensation throughout the body. Great weakness and weariness.
- Oversensitive to all sorts of influences. Skin greasy, oily, especially on hairy parts. Dry eruptions, especially on margin of hairy scalp and bends of joints and genitals.
- Fever blisters. Urticaria; itch and burn. Crusty eruptions in bends of limbs, margin of scalp, behind ears and genitals. Skin symptoms worse, eating salt, at seashore. Affects hair follicles.
- Graphites has a special affinity for folds of skin, e.g. joints, behind ears, groins, neck. Herpes in obese females with delayed and scanty menses. Herpes appearing at climateric.
- Large blisters from umbilicus to the spine, mainly affecting left side. Itching spots on various parts of the body which oozes a watery sticky fluid.
- Itching as though foreign matter would pass out through the skin. Circular herpes, feels hard to touch and is wrinkled.
- The itching is worse at night, during and after mensturation and is better from wrapping up.
- Suited to – Excessive cautiousness; timid, hesitates; unable to decide about anything. Fidgety while sitting at work. Sad, despondent; music makes her weep; thinks of nothing but death.
- Face, hands, genitals and bends of knees and elbows are the commonly affected regions. Herpes after abuse of mercury.
- Adapted to persons with unhealthy skin which suppurates easily. Patients are highly sensetive to cold. Herpes zoster from spine forwards, especially the left side.
- The eruption is the seat of acute neuralgic pains which are worse at night; vesicles on an inflamed base associated with splinter like pains, severe itching and scratching.
- There is marked aggravation at night, from cold; touch and the patient feels better in damp weather and from wrapping up wramly.
- Eapecially suited to persons with a sour body odour. Herpes circinatus.
- For torpid lymphatic constitutions; persons with light hair and complexion, slow to act, muscles soft and flabby. The slightest injury causes suppuration. Diseases where the system has been injured by the abuse of Mercury.
- Homeopathic medicines for genital herpes has a marked affinity for right side.
- Herpes of right forearm, wrist & hand. Herpes prepucialis of the right side extending across the abdomen.
- There is itching which changes to burning on scratching & shooting pains which are worse at night & in cold damp weather.
- Herpetic eruptions which are surrounded by small pimples. Herpes with a tendency to suppurate especially in persons with profuse sweat.
- Nervous affections after suppressed discharges especially in psoric patients. Glandular and scrofulous affections of children.
Symptoms of Genital Herpes
Unfortunately, most people who have genital herpes don’t know it because they never have any symptoms, or they do not recognize any symptoms they might have. When there are symptoms, they can be different in each person. Most often, when a person becomes infected with herpes for the first time, the symptoms will appear within 2 to 10 days. These first episodes of symptoms usually last 2 to 3 weeks.
Early symptoms of a genital herpes outbreak include
• Itching or burning feeling in the genital or anal area
• Pain in the legs, buttocks, or genital area
• Discharge of fluid from the vagina
• Feeling of pressure in the abdomen Within a few days, sores appear near where the virus has entered the body, such as on the mouth, penis, or vagina (vaginal/labial herpes).
They also can occur inside the vagina and on the cervix in women, or in the urinary passage of women and men. Small red bumps appear first, develop into blisters, and then become painful open sores. Over several days, the sores become crusty and then heal without leaving a scar. Other symptoms that may go with the first episode of genital herpes are fever, headache, muscle aches, painful or difficult urination, vaginal discharge, and swollen glands in the groin area.
Can outbreaks of Genital Herpes recur?
If you have been infected by HSV 1 and/or 2, you will probably have symptoms or outbreaks from time to time. After the virus has finished being active, it then travels to the nerves at the end of the spine where it stays for a while. Even after the lesions are gone, the virus stays inside the nerve cells in a still and hidden state, which means that it’s inactive. In most people, the virus can become active several times a year. This is called a recurrence. But scientists do not yet know why this happens. When it becomes active again, it travels along the nerves to the skin, where it makes more viruses near the site of the very first infection. That is where new sores usually will appear. The frequency and severity of recurrent episodes vary greatly. While some people have only one or two outbreaks in a lifetime, others may have several outbreaks a year. The number and pattern of repeat outbreaks often change over time for a person. Scientists do not know what causes the virus to become active again. Although some people with herpes report that their outbreaks are brought on by another illness, stress, or having a menstrual period, outbreaks often are not predictable. In some cases, outbreaks may be connected to exposure to sunlight.
How Genital Herpes is diagnosed?
Doctors can diagnose genital herpes by looking at visible sores if the outbreak is typical, and by taking a sample from the sore for testing in a lab. Herpes can be difficult to diagnose between outbreaks. Blood tests, which detect HSV-1 or HSV-2 antibodies, can help to detect herpes in people without symptoms or during the time between outbreaks.
Treatment of Genital Herpes
Although there is no cure in conventional medicine for genital herpes, your health care worker might prescribe one of three medicines to treat it as well as to help prevent future episodes.
- Acyclovir (Zovirax)
- Famciclovir (Famvir)
- Valacyclovir (Valtrex)
Prevention of Genital herpes
During an active herpes episode, whether the first episode or a repeat one, you should follow a few simple steps to speed healing and avoid spreading the infection to other places on the body or to other people.
- Keep the infected area clean and dry to prevent other infections from developing.
- Try to avoid touching the sores.
- Wash your hands after contact with the sores.
- Avoid sexual contact from the time you first feel any symptoms until the sores are completely healed, that is, the scab has fallen off and new skin has formed where the sore was.
Can genital herpes cause any other problems?
If a woman has her first episode of genital herpes while she is pregnant, she can pass the virus to her unborn child and may deliver a premature baby. Half of the babies infected with herpes either die or suffer from damage to their nerves. A baby born with herpes can develop serious problems that may affect the brain, the skin, or the eyes. If babies born with herpes are treated immediately with acyclovir, their chances of being healthy are increased. If a pregnant woman has an outbreak, which is not the first episode, her baby’s risk of being infected during delivery is very low. In either case, if you are pregnant and infected with genital herpes, you should stay in close touch with your doctor before, during, and after your baby is born. If a woman is having an outbreak during labor and delivery and there are herpes lesions in or near the birth canal, the doctor will do a cesarean section to protect the baby. Most women with genital herpes, however, do not have signs of active infection with the virus during this time, and can have a normal delivery.
Can I breastfeed if I have genital herpes?
If you have genital herpes, you can keep breastfeeding as long as the sores are covered. Herpes is spread through contact with sores and can be dangerous to a newborn. If you have sores on your nipple or areola, the darker skin around the nipple, you should stop breastfeeding on that breast.
The above information about homeopathy treatment of genital herpes is only for information purpose. Please consult a professional homeopath before taking any homeopathic medicine for genital herpes.
Genital Herpes Cases Cured with Homeopathic Medicine
A Case of Genital Herpes – by Deborah Licurse
I am Mohammad khurshed from Bangladesh
I am infected HSV 1 & HSV 2 positive. Urinary line is so much burning and become sour
By sexual with my girlfriend.
I need your suggestion plz give your email I’d. Plz sir.
I am khurshed from Bangladesh
I need your help
Plz give your email I’d.
Genital herpes ka problem
Why the emphasis on a viral cause when it has not been proven (besides correlation)? In TCM it is due to a condition called damp-heat. So it re-occurs because the person’s lifestyle creates damp heat mostly through diet. There are TCM herbal formulas such as Long Tan Xie Gan Wan which treat outbreaks well, and could be used in conjunction with homeopathy.
I look forward to TCM, Ayurvedic and Homeopathic practitioners breaking away from Allopathic concepts related to the unproven “germ theory”…
Please advice for Female Genital Herpes any Homeo or Ayurvedic treatment