Mainly there are two abnormality regarding blood pressure first is hypertension which means high blood pressure and another is hypotension means low blood pressure. High blood pressure or hypertension can be primary, when there is no obvious cause or precipitating factor, or the much less common secondary hypertension, where there is some identified cause.
Causes of high blood pressure
- Acute and chronic glomerulonephritis
- Chronic renal failure
- Embolus in blood vessels
- Fibro muscular dyspklasia
- Polyarthritis nodosa
- Ploycystic disease
- Wilms tumor
- Diabetes mellitus
- Renal artery stenosis
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Coarctation of aorta
- Excessive use of steroids, oral contraceptives, cyclosporine
- Toxemia of pregnancy
- Lead poisoning
- Raised intracranial pressure
Symptoms of high blood pressure
Symptoms of high blood pressure include:
- Blurred vision
- Red face and skin
- Increased swelling
- Flushes of heat
Complications of high blood pressure
- Heart failure – left ventricular failure followed by congestive failure
- Angina pectoris – usually with transient rise of blood pressure
- Cerebrovascular accident – cerebral haemorrhage, thrombosis or subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Hypertensive encephalopathy
- Malignant hypertension – can occur in hypertension from any cause except coarction of aorta.
- Renal damage – trace of protienuria and hyaline casts common.
- Hemorrhages – epistaxis, rarely haematemasis, or haemoptysis.
Treatment of high blood pressure
Treatment is completely based upon cause and medical condition some specific modes of treatment are given below:
Homeopathic treatment or remedies of high blood pressure – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach.
This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat high blood pressure but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for high blood pressure treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, condition, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some important remedies are given below for high blood pressure treatment:
Lachesis, Aurum Met Aconite, Allium Cepa, Strophanthus, Nat. Mur, Plumbum Met, Carbo Animalis, Gelsemium, Ignatia, Glonine, Baryta Mur, Veratrum Viride, Belladonna, Arsenic Alb, Thuja, Adrenalin and many other medicines.
Allopathic treatment of high blood pressure – treatment mainly done by diuretics, beta blockers, alpha blockers, combined alpha and beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, etc
Other natural and alternative modes of treatment – include Ayurveda, Naturopathy, Yoga therapy, Relaxation therapy, Acupressure, Acupuncture etc.