Are you looking for a homeopathic cure for hyperthyroidism ? This article discusses the homeopathy treatment of hyperthyroidism along with the best homeopathic medicine for hyperthyroidism treatment.
Hyperthyroidism means excessive of thyroid hormone in the body.
This excess may be due to increase activity of thyroid gland itself or increase stimulation of thyroid gland to produce thyroid hormone.
Regardless of the cause, the characteristic symptoms of hyperthyroidism include fatigue, anxiety, heat intolerance, increased perspiration, palpitations, and significant weight loss despite an increased appetite.
What is Hyperthyroidism?
Thyroid hormones are two types of hormones (T3 and T4) produced and released from thyroid gland, an endocrine gland situated in neck.
Thyroid gland gets signal from the pituitary gland in the form of TSH (Thyroid stimulating hormone) to produce and release of thyroid hormone. Pituitary gland again gets permission from hypothalamus in the form of TRH (Thyroid releasing hormone) to release TSH. This is called Hypothalamo-pituitary-thyroid axis.
This TSH gives signal to thyroid gland to release thyroid hormone. Thyroid gland consists of many follicles. Each follicle has number of follicular cells which secret thyroid hormone when stimulated by TSH hormone.
Any disturbance in Hypothalamo-pituitary-thyroid axis leads to over stimulation of thyroid follicle results in hyperthyroidism. Anything which increase mass of follicle in thyroid is also responsible for hyperthyroidism.
Hyperthyroidism – Homeopathy Treatment & Homeopathic Remedies
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of homeopathic medicine for hyperthyroidism is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathic medicine for hyperthyroidism is not only to treat hyperthyroidism but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat hyperthyroidism that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There homeopathic medicine for hyperthyroidism which are helpful in the treatment of hyperthyroidism:
- Lapis album
- Fucus vesiculosus
- Calcaria Carb
- Natrum Mur
- Calcaria Flour
- Calcaria Iod
- Hepar Sulph
- Hepar Sulph
- Fluoric Acid
- Ambra Gresia
- Thyroid enlarged. Goitre, with sensation of constriction.
- Rapid metabolism: Loss of flesh great appetite.
- Hungry with much thirst. Better after eating.
- Homeopathic medicine for hyperthyroidism has great debility, the slightest effort induces perspiration.
- Iodine individual is exceedingly thin, dark complexioned, with enlarged lymphatic glands, has voracious appetite but gets thin.
- Anxiety when quiet. Sudden impulse to run and do violence. Forgetful. Must be busy.
- Present anxiety and depression, no reference to the future.
- Thyroid produces anaemia, emaciation, muscular weakness, sweating, headache, nervous tremor of face and limbs, tingling sensations, paralysis.
- Heart rate increased, exophthalmus and dilation of pupils.
- In myxoedema and cretinism its effects are striking.
- Thyroid exercises a general regulating influence over the mechanism of the organs of nutrition, growth and development.
- Thyroid weakness causes decided craving for large amount of sweets.
- There is feeling of lightness in brain. Persistent frontal headache.
- It is in the treatment of scrofulous affections, especially enlarged glands, tonsils, etc, that this remedy has gained marked beneficial results.
- Thyroid enlargements about time of puberty.
- Headache while riding against cold wind. Lightheaded.
- Homeopathic medicine for hyperthyroidism has affections of glands, goiter.
- Fat anaemic babies with Iodine appetite.
- Ravenous appetite.
- Glands have a certain elasticity and pliability about them rather than the stony hardness of Calc fluor and Cistus.
- A remedy for obesity and non-toxic goitre; also exophthalmic.
- Digestion is furthered and flatulence diminished.
- Obstinate constipation.
- Forehead feels as if compressed by an iron ring.
- Thyroid enlargement in obese subjects.
What causes Hyperthyroidism?
Hyper-functioning of thyroid gland
- Graves disease (∼ 60–80%of cases) – An autoimmune cause of hyperthyroidism in which body produce antibodies to the TSH receptor present in thyroid gland. These antibodies bind with TSH receptors and continue to stimulate thyroid gland for hormone production leads to hyperthyroidism.
- Toxic multinodular goiter (MNG) (∼ 15–20%of cases) – Thyroid nodules are abnormal structure within thyroid gland leads to over production of thyroid hormone.
- Toxic adenoma (3–5% of cases) – Adenoma is the abnormal tissue mass within the gland again cause of increase production of thyroid hormone.
- TSH-producing pituitary adenoma(thyrotropic adenoma) – Adenoma develops into pituitary gland leads to over production of TSH hormone which over stimulate thyroid gland to produce thyroid hormone.
- β-hCG mediated hyperthyroidism (hydatidiform mole, choriocarcinoma) – Causes other then hypothalamo-pituitart-thyroid axis which increase the sensitivity of TSH receptor in thyroid.
Destruction of the thyroid gland
Thyroiditis is the inflammation of thyroid gland Thyroiditis is generally caused by an immune system attack on the thyroid, resulting in inflammation and damage to the thyroid cells.
- Thyroiditis (see subacute thyroiditis)
- Subacute granulomatous thyroiditis (de Quervain’s thyroiditis)
- Subacute lymphocytic thyroiditis (e.g. Post-partum thyroiditis)
- Drug-induced thyroiditis (e.g., amiodarone, lithium)
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Radiation thyroiditis
- Palpation thyroiditis
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism
- Heat intolerance, excessive sweating (moist, warm skin)
- Weight loss with increased appetite
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
- Weakness, fatigue
- Increase heart rate.
- Palpitations, irregular pulse.
- Cardiac failure: Elderly patients often present with features of cardiac failure include pedal swelling in feet and difficult breating on exertion.
- Fine tremor of the outstretched fingers
- Muscle weakness, particularly in patients > 40 years of age
- Osteoporosis , fractures (in the elderly)
- Decrease or absenceof menses, and infertility in females.
- Gynecomastia, decreased libido, erectile dysfunction in male patients
- Anxiety, agitation, depression, insomnia, emotional instability
Diagnosis of Hyperthyroidism
Thyroid function tests
- Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) levels is low/undetectable
- Free T3 and free T4 levels: both are characteristically high
Thyroid ultrasonography to diagnose the etiology of hyperthyroidism like diffuse enlargement, solitary/multiple nodules.
Conventional Treatment for Hyperthyroidism
- Anti thyroid drugs prevent thyroid gland from producing excess amounts of hormones. They include propylthiouracil and methimazole (Tapazole).
- Beta blocker for palpitation and increased heart rate.
- Thyroidectomy – surgical removal of part of thyroid gland which ultimately decrease production of thyroid hormone.
Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, 14th ed, McGraw-Hill
Davidson’s Principles and Practise of Medicine, 17th ed, 1996, Churchill Livingstone
New Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica & Repertory, William Boericke, 2nd revised ed., 2001, B. Jain
The above information about homeopathy treatment of injury is only for information purpose. Please consult a professional homeopath before taking any homeopathic medicine for injury.
Hyperthyroidism Cases Cured with Homeopathic Medicine
Pontine and Brain Stem Haemorrhage in Coma – by Leela D’Souza
I AM SUFFERING FROM HYPOTHIORD NEED A FAVOR TO GET PERFECT HOMEOPATHY MEDECINE NAME AN POTENCY
ZAFAR FROM KARACHI PAKISTAN