Are you looking for a homeopathic cure for ovarian cyst? This article discusses the homeopathy treatment of ovarian cystalong with the best homeopathic medicine for ovarian cyst treatment.
Ovarian cysts are growths that form on the ovaries, the two small organs on either side of a women’s uterus that produce an egg each month.
Each month when an ovary produces an egg, a small, cyst like structure- the follicle –begins to grow inside the ovary. When it is mature, the follicle ruptures at ovulation, when an egg is released. After ovulation, the empty follicle becomes the corpus luteum. If pregnancy does not occur, the corpus luteum eventually dissolves.
Ovarian cysts are collection of fluid, surrounded by a very thin wall, within an ovary. Any ovarian follicle that is larger than about two centimeters is termed an ovarian cyst. An ovarian cyst can be as small as a pea, or larger than an orange.
Ovarian cysts are very common in women during their reproductive years.
Since ovarian cysts are often first found during a pelvic examination, it is important to have regular checkups. Some types of ovarian cysts are normal and usually harmless, often going away without any treatment. Some cysts are abnormal and may cause problems.
This is especially important to have symptoms of ovarian cysts before, or if you are over age 40, when the risk of ovarian cancer is greater. If cysts are found early, many of the problems caused by them can be prevented.
Most ovarian cysts are functional in nature and harmless (benign). Ovarian cysts affect women of all ages. They occur most often, however, during a woman’s childbearing years. Some ovarian cysts cause problems, such as bleeding and pain. Surgery may be required to remove cysts larger than 5 centimeters in diameter.
Homeopathic Remedies & Homeopathy Treatment for Ovarian Cysts, Ovary Pain
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of homeopathic medicine for ovarian cyst is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat ovarian cyst but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several remedies are available to treat ovarian disease that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. There are following remedies which are helpful in the treatment of ovarian disease:
- Apis mellifica
- Arsenic album
- Thuja occidentalis
- Calcarea carb
- Aurum mur natronatum
- Lac can
- Kali iod
- Secale cor
- Baryta mur
- Few remedies cause as many ovarian symptoms as Apis.
- It has an active congestion of the right ovary going on to ovaritis, with soreness in the inguinal region, burning, stinging and tumefaction.
- Ovarian cysts in their incipiency have been arrested by this remedy; here one of the indicating features is numbness down the thigh.
- It has also proved useful in affections of the left ovary.
- Tightness of the chest may also be present, with the occurrence of a reflex cough and urging to urinate.
- Burning tensive pains in the ovaries, especially in the right.
- Ovaritis relieved by hot applications.
- Patient thirsty, irritable and restless.
- As this remedy is one particularly adapted to glandular growths it is especially useful in acute ovaritis, and more so if the peritoneum be involved.
- The pains are clutching and throbbing, worse on the right side, the slightest jar is painful, and the patient is extremely sensitive.
- The symptoms appear suddenly; flushed face.
- Ovaries sensitive, burning pains in them, bearing down, chronic ovarian irritation with sexual excitement.
- Homeopathic medicine for ovarian cyst that has ovarian colic; griping pains, relieved by bending double.
- Stitching pains deep in right ovarian region.
- It is also a useful remedy in ovaritis of left ovary with colicky pains.
- A Generalised swelling may be present.
Conium Mac –
- Ovaritis, inflammation of ovary, ovary enlarged and indurated with lancinating pain.
- Ill effects of suppressed sexual appetite or suppressed menses.
Calcaria carb –
- Polypi of the uterus and ovaries.
- Cutting pains in uterus during menstruation.
- Menses too early too profuse, too long lasting with vertigo.
- Feet icy cold; it is very successful remedy for ovarian affections.
- Congestion and dropsy of the right ovary with dwindling of the mammae.
- Dull pressing pain extending to uterus.
- Wedge like pain in the right ovarian region.
Kali iod –
- Homeopathic medicine for ovarian cyst that has severe burning, tearing and twitching pains in the ovarian region, especially right side.
- Sensation of congestion and swelling of the ovaries, with pain as from corrosive tumor there.
- Affections connected with syphilis.
Kali carb –
- Both groins are painful and bloated.
- Stitching pains about the uterus and ovarian region.
Lac can –
- Excellent remedy for ovarian affections.
- Heat in the ovarian and uterine region.
- Inflammatory and congestive condition of the ovaries before menses; specially of the right ovary, with extreme soreness and sensitiveness.
- Pain makes patient every motion and position, even breath painful.
- Wants to lie with her knees to her chin.
- Homeopathic medicine for ovarian cyst that has pain in left ovary relieved by a discharge from the uterus.
- Can bear nothing heavy on region.
- Dr.Hughes and Guernsey seem to think that Lachesis acts even more prominently on the right ovary; others believe the opposite, the tendency of affections being, however, to move from the left toward the right side.
- Suppuration and chronic enlargements of ovary may call for Lachesis.
- Boring in the left ovary relieved by the flow, somewhat better from pressure.
- Swelling and induration of the left ovary; also pains in the right ovarian region with delayed scanty menses.
- Bruised pain in left ovary and sensation as if ovary were growing large.
- Violent crampy pain in left ovary.
- Ovarian neuralgia; burning pains from ovary up in to abdomen and down in to thighs.
- Shooting pain from left ovary across the pubes or up to the mammary gland.
- A good remedy for ovarian affections pains and inflammation.
- Pain and swelling in the right ovary.
- Cutting pain in the uterus, relieved after stool.
- Most indicated in proud ladies who like flattery.
Zincum met –
- Painful affections of the ovaries.
- Pain shoots down from the limbs to the feet.
Types of ovarian cysts
- Follicular cyst- In each menstrual cycle a follicle gets mature and release egg for fertilization, this is called ovulation. If this follicle does not rupture to release egg may convert into closed fluid filled sac i.e. follicular cyst.
- Corpus luteum cyst – after the ovulation remain part of follicle is converted into corpus luteum which secreates hormones and gradually disappears by its own. In case if corpus luteum does not resolve it converts into cyst named corpus luteum cyst.
- Ovarian endometriosis– endometrium is the lining of uterus, very rich in bood suppy. If this endometrium found in any organ other then uterus is known as endometriosis. When it is found in ovary is known as ovarian endometriosis. This is also known as chocolate cysts.
- Dermoid cyst – type of cyst contain different types of tissue like hair, nail, bone, sebum etc.
Symptoms of Ovarian Cysts
* Dull aching or sudden, sharp, stitching pain in lower abdomen
* Irregular menstrual periods
* Pain during intercourse or bowel movements
* Nausea or vomiting
* Feeling full after eating a small amount
Common causes of Ovary pain or ovarian pain include:
- Ovarian cysts
- Ovarian tumors:
Diagnosis of Ovarian Cysts
- Ultrasonoghaphy is the tool used frequently to confirm diagnosis. CT scan is also advised if needed.
- Conventional treatment for ovarian pain and ovarian cysts
- Although many of cysts resolve by their own but large cysts need attention and treatment.
- If cysts are large surgery is the only option to treat.
- Birth control pills are advised as they prevent ovulation and formation of new cysts.
- Symptomatic treatment is given for pain, bloating, nausea etc.
The above information about homeopathy treatment of ovarian cyst is only for information purpose. Please consult a professional homeopath before taking any homeopathic medicine for ovarian cyst.