Are you looking for a homeopathic cure for skin disease? This article discusses the homeopathy treatment of skin disease along with the best homeopathic medicine for skin disease treatment.
Any medical condition that affects to skin, nails, hairs underlying glands and muscles is include under heading of skin disease.
Skin – Structure and Function
Skin is the outermost part of the human body which covers and protects the internal organs from injurious effect of the environment and harmful organism.
It is made up of three layers of the tissue, i.e. epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. In addition, it also has two appendages, hair and nail and three glands sweat gland, sebaceous glands and apocrine gland.
Blood supply of the skin is through a large number of arteries which anastomose in the sub dermal region, from which arterioles ascends in to the dermis. These are again interconnected to each other. From this arterioles run upward and form a second network of sub papillary capillary plexus in the upper dermis.
Terminal arterioles ascends from there to the papillae capillary loops which drain in to connecting venules.
The skin contains a good network of lymphatic which drain in to few large vessels in the subcutaneous tissue. The nerve supply of the skin consists of a motor sympathetic part arising from the sympathetic ganglions and sensory part arising from the dorsal route ganglions.
The most important function of the skin is to protect the body by various means and mechanisms. Sebum secreted by sebaceous glands makes the skin supple; melanin produced by the melanocytes present in the basal layer of the epidermis protects the body from ultra-violet radiation. Body temperature is controlled by sweat glands through secretion and evaporation of sweat.
Common skin conditions
- Syphilis – Caused by Treponema pallidum. Infection spreadsthrough abrasions in the skin/ mucus membrane and in adults usually sexually acquired.
- Intertrigo – Intertrigo (Homeopathy Treatment for Intertrigo) is an inflammatory condition of skin folds, induced or aggravated by heat, moisture, maceration, friction, and lack of air circulation.
The condition frequently is worsened or colonized by infection, which most commonly is candidal but also may be bacterial, fungal, or viral.
An intertrigo usually develops from the chafing of warm, moist skin in the areas of the inner thighs and genitalia, the armpits, under the breasts, the underside of the belly, behind the ears, and the web spaces between the toes and fingers. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.
- Scarlet fever- Scarlet fever is a rash accompanied by a sore throat caused by the streptococcus bacteria. The disease mostcommonly affects children, but can occur in any age group. The characteristic symptoms are a rash and a ‘strawberry tongue’.It is characterized by a sore throat and a red, if not actually scarlet, rash. Scarlet fever, also known as scarlatina, is a disease caused by a toxin (erythrogenic exotoxin) released by Streptococcus pyogenes or group A beta-hemolytic streptococcus bacteria – the disease occurs in a small percentage of patients with strep infections, such as strep throat or impetigo.The rash of scarlet fever usually begins like bad sunburn with tiny bumps (papules), and it may itch. The rash usually appears first on the neck and face, often leaving a clear unaffected area around the mouth. It spreads to the chest and back, then to the rest of the body. In body creases, especially around the underarms and elbows, the rash forms classic red streaks called Pastia’s lines. Areas of rash usually blanch (turn white) when you press on them. By the sixth day of a strep infection the rash usually fades, but the affected skin may begin to peel.
- Herpes simplex – Herpes simplex is a viral disease caused by herpes simplex viruses. Both herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2) cause herpes simplex. Acute viral infectious disease characterised by grouped itchy, vesicular eruptions on skin and mucous membranes.
- Herpes zoster – Herpes zoster commonly known as shingles, is a viral disease characterized by a painful skin rash with blisters in a limited area on one side of the body, often in a stripe. The initial infection with varicella zoster virus causes the acute illness chickenpox, and generally occurs in children and young people. Once an episode of chickenpox has resolved, the virus is not eliminated from the body but can go on to cause shingles; an illness with very different symptoms; often many years after the initial infection.
- Molluscum contagiosum
- Tenia cruris
- Tenia capitis
- Tenia pedis
- Keloid – A Keloid is a pathological, tumor like scar formation on skin that spreads beyond the original injury and does not regress spontaneously. A keloid scar is a type of hypertrophic scar with mainly type I and some type III collagen which results in an overgrowth of tissue at the site of a healed skin injury. Keloids are firm, rubbery lesions or shiny, fibrous nodules, and can vary from pink to flesh-colored or red to dark brown in color.
- Warts – Warts are benign growth of skin caused by infection of human papilloma virus (HPV). Warts are common, harmless skin growths (small epidural tumors of the skin) caused by a virus.
- Dermoid cyst
- Sebaceous cyst
Other skin complaints
- Psoriasis – Psoriasis is a chronic, non-contagious autoimmune disease which affects the skin and joints. It commonly causes red scaly patches to appear on the skin. The scaly patches caused by psoriasis, called psoriatic plaques, are areas of inflammation and excessive skin production. Skin rapidly accumulates at these sites and takes on a silvery-white appearance. Plaques frequently occur on the skin of the elbows and knees, but can affect any area including the scalp and genitals. Psoriasis is a prolonged inflammation of skin. The causes of psoriasis are still unclear. This condition is neither infectious (Does not spread from one person to another) nor does it affect the general health. It affects both the genders and may start at any age.
- Eczema – Eczema or dermatitis are terms used to describe the characteristic clinical appearance of inflamed, dry, occasionally scaly and vesicular skin rashes associated with divergent underlying causes.
- Lichen planus – Lichen planus is an uncommon skin complaint. It is thought to be due to an abnormal immune reaction provoked by a viral infection or a drug. Inflammatory cells seem to mistake the skin cells as foreign and attack them. Lichen planus may cause a small number of skin lesions or less often affect a wide area of the skin and mucous membranes.
- Atopic dermatitis
- Contact dermatitis
- Hyper pigmentation
- Hypo pigmentation
Homeopathy medicine for Skin Disease
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of homeopathic medicine for skin disease is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathic medicine for skin disease is not only to treat skin disease but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for skin treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some important remedies are given below for skin treatment:
our great Homeopathic medicine for skin disease for all sorts of skin diseases, no doubt often mis-prescribed, and hence frequently disappoints. The symptoms calling for it are very clear; there are moist scabby eruptions on the scalp, face, bends of joints, between fingers and behind the ears. The corners of the mouth and eyes are cracked, bleeding and oozing a gluey, honey-like, thick, tenacious discharge, a fissured eczema is the type. Great itching always accompanies the eruption. The skin may be dry and horny. The hair is dry and falls out. Lycopodium. Dry scaly eruptions. Calcarea carbonica. Eczema on scalp which extends to face. Crusts are white, and on awakening, in the morning especially, the child will scratch furiously.
Useful homeopathic medicine for skin disease in all cases of skin troubles when the skin is thickened, such as in chronic eczema, psoriasis and chronic urticaria. The sensations are itching, burning and swelling, it also has papules, nettle rash and pimples. Burning sensitive ulcers with offensive discharges. It is almost a specific for hives from shell fish, which itch and burn, and for repercussed hives. Pustules form into scabs. Pellagra may find its simillimum in Arsenicum. Bovista. Baker’s and grocer’s itch, and eruption on the back of the hands. It is also recommended in pellagra, also phosphorus and Argentum nitricum. Sepia. Dry desquamation. Ringworm. Rhus. Vesicles on an erysipelatous base. Clematis. Rawness, worse washing, moist eruption.
The great characteristic of this remedy is the aggravation from washing; this, with scratching, makes the parts burn intensely. The skin is rough, coarse and measly, and there is much soreness in the folds of the skin and a tendency to pustular eruptions. Dryness and heat of scalp, with intense itching, especially at night, and scratching causes soreness; wetting makes it burn. Eczema erythematosum. Eruption of yellow crusts. Eruption at the margin of the hair.
Baehr considers this remedy the best one in crust lactea. There is great itching, which is worse when the patient is warm or wrapped up. There are small vesicles with terrible itching, and the great characteristic is that the secretion dries quickly, producing scabs from beneath which an acrid thick pus oozes. Crusts and itching are the features. Herpes zoster, with neuralgic pains along the nerves. Nux juglans. Tinea favosa on scalp, behind ears, itching worse at night, preventing sleep.
Vesicular eruption characterizes Rhus, so it becomes a remedy in herpes, eczema, pemphigus and prurigo. It is useful in right-sided zoster with extensive vesication and perhaps accompanied with rheumatic pains. The skin is covered with numerous vesicles, there is great itching and tingling, the skin is often swollen and oedematous and these vesicles have a red areola around them. the symptoms are all worse at night, in damp weather and in winter. Rapid vesication and angry-looking skin are characteristics. Apis. More burning and stinging and more oedema. Cantharis. Large blisters with smarting and burning. Croton tiglium. Small blisters with much itching. Hughes says that Croton relieves the itching of eczema rapidly and permanently. Anacardium. Small blisters with an umbilicated center. The eruption itches excessively and burns. The remedy has been used successfully in Rhus poisoning. Dolichos. Itching without eruption. the writer has a number of times verified this symptom. It will sometimes control diabetic itching, and it is especially useful in senile pruritus. Worse at night. Worse across the shoulders. Fagopyrum. Itching worse by scratching. With here and there red blotches which are sore. The hairy portions of the body itch more.
Herpetic eruptions with much itching, worse when getting warm in bed; the skin is dirty, greasy, unwashed in appearance. Tinea capitis, offensive matter oozes out. Sebaceous glands secrete in excess. Eczema more on the sides of the head and face, cheeks and ears. Eruption in the bends of joints. Pustules or boils remaining after itch. A most important remedy in all skin affections and we should not forget Tuberculinum and Syphilinum, for each has its special field and symptoms. Clarke advises the nosodes, especially in leprosy.
Homeopathic medicine for skin disease that has skin eruptions with gastro-energetic troubles; the skin is very sensitive, slight friction causes chafing and soreness, especially about the neck, scrotum and thighs. Crusta lactea on scalp and back of ears. There is great itching; scartching relieves at first but the parts become very sore. It will be all the more strongly indicated if gastro-enteric symptoms be present. Vinca minor. Eczema of scalp and face, matted hair and offensive odor. A crust is formed, the discharge is retained underneath and causes the hair to fall out or to mat together, forming the plica polonica. Viloa tricolor. Hughes lauds this remedy and rarely uses any other in crusta lactea and impetigo in children. It has crusts with a copious exudation and it is accompanied with offensive urine. Staphisagria. Eruptions worse on the occiput, eczematous eruption on the ears, yellow scabs. Scratching changes the place of the itching. Eruptions forming figwarts or condylomata; especially useful in sickly children after the abuse of mercury.
Vesicular eruptions along the course of the nerve; vesicles filled with serum and burn greatly; large blisters form on a raw surface. Herpes zoster. Pemphigus in the new born. Thickening of the skin into yellow hard horny scabs. Ranunculus sceleratus. Vesicular eruption, with thin, acrid discharge, large blisters.
Our great homeopathic medicine for skin disease that has in ulcers when these symptoms are present. 1. Ragged zigzag, often raised edges. 2. Profuse granulations, proud flesh. 3. Vascular, bleeding easily where touched. 4. Splinter-like pains in them. Sycotic excrescences.
An indicated remedy in hives when of gastric or uterine origin, or with diarrhoea and chilliness; hives after eating pork, fruit or buckwheat cakes. Scanty menses. Hives with profuse menses call for Belladonna. Hempel recommends Aconite and Ipecac in Hives. Antimonium crudum. Urticaria of gastric origin. Urtica urens. Intense intolerable fiery itching of the skin from any trifling change in the temperature. Itching swellings on the fingers also indicate Urtica. Face blotched. Note the urinary symptoms which will often accompany. Dulcamara. Suppression of the hives, with catarrhal symptoms arising. Nettle rash, chronic cases always worse at beginning of winter, itching always on exposure to cold air as when undressing. Rhus. Hives, with ague or rheumatism worse in cold air. Bovista. Hives with diarrhoea. Calcarea carbonica. Chronic urticaria, worse from drinking milk. Terebinth. Hives form shell fish. Kali bromatum. Hives or acne, with nervous symptoms. Chloral. A very useful remedy for hives, will often relieve in the form of a grain of Chloral dissolved in a glass of water and a teaspoonful given at a dose. It suits large wheals coming on suddenly from a chill.
Urticaria, with cold or intermittent fever; there is a sudden eruption of welts with terrible itching Lichen and erythema nodosum. Sulphur. Itching hives over whole body, worse from warmth of bed; chronic cases. Radium. Itching all over body, burning of skin as if a fire. Such a general itching very often is a precursor to serious affections. It may even be a pre-growth symptom of cancer.
Brownish spots on the skin. Homeopathic medicine for skin disease that has erpetic conditions about the knees and ankles,in the bends of joints and behind the ears, at first dry, it becomes moist and discharges copiously. Yellow spots, liver spots; urticaria worse from warmth of bed. Ringworms, herpes circinatus. Chronic nettle rash after milk or pork. Tellurium. Ringworm is children. Psoriasis, annular type. Eruption shows bleeding points when scales are removed. Baryta carbonica. Eczema on dorsa of hands, skin rough, dry and chapped. Herpetic eruptions. Sepia is also a remedy in psoriasis.
Moist eruption in folds of skin and itching in the bends of joints; the skin is extremely sensitive and suppurates easily, and pimples form around ulcers. Humid eczema of the scalp, sore and sensitive to touch. Eczema of the scrotum and genital organs, boils. It is especially useful after the abuse of salves or ointments containing containing zinc or mercury. Graphites is distinguished by not having the sensitiveness. Silicea. Skin suppurates easily. Onchia at roots of nails. Fluoric acid. A powerful antipsoric and produces itching red vesicles with tendency to scale off; very valuable in eczema.
One of the most satisfactory remedies in the treatment of eczema capitis and moist eczemas, especially when chronic and obstinate in character. This observation has been repeatedly verified. Cartier and our Brazilian confreres endorse it. It is also a most useful remedy in acne and in sycotic skin manifestations.
genital or acquired, which effort should not be suppressed but abetted. The indications for our remedies will not only aid in this by correction of the soil, but also avoid the dangers of suppression by external applications.
Skin Diseases Cases Cured with Homeopathic Medicine
Two Skin Cases Simple Homoeopathy with Modalities – by Donna Fox
A Girl with Psoriasis – by Amtulnaseer Lubna Ahmad
A Case of Severe Itching and Total Body Discoloration Solved with Sensation and Synergy – by Hetal Vasa
Multiple Warts in a 6 Year Old Boy – by Jaya Srivastava
A Case of Psoriasis Treated Constitutionally – by Saurabh Mehrotra+
A Case of Eczema – by Santosh Joshi
A Fifteen Week Old Baby with Eczema, Allergy and Faulty Nutrition – by Samantha Egan
This is a good help for homoeo doctor . Well shall be appreciating it
all the time
Oleander easily angers then repents as per Boger,motor and sensory nerves depression, has linked symptoms.
pale sunken face blue rings around eyes.
cold feet numb soles though rush blood to head brings heat and headache better looking sideways.
morning watery diarrhea undigested stool and asthmatic when lies down has to sit up.
rub skin causes red soreness.
crusta lactea esp scalp back.
throbbing epigastrium as heart beat there so eats for relief.
anger nature plus anaemic weakness low vital heat is bad combination.plus point is weak anaemic are not prone to apoplexy as like belladona good blooded.
Farrington clarifies suitable for functional disorders like gelsemium with motor nervous system paresis and cannot cure hemiplegia.overall sulphur like for cold blooded and plus serves purpose of gelse cocculus.message is anger can damage health to that extent with blue rings around eyes no other system of medicine lay emphasis,homeopathy is too sensitive takes even moon rays affect on health as Silicia etc.