Multiple sclerosis is an inflammatory demyelinating disease on CNS (brain and spinal cord) that is disseminated in time and space. Multiple sclerosis can not be diagnosed until patient has suffered attacks involving different neuroanatomical site at different times.
An acute multiple sclerosis plaque develops when primed leucocytes cross the blood brain barrier in to the brain, and activates macrophages. Inflammation is initiated and myelin is stripped off near by nerve axoms. These nerve loss the ability to conduct impulses.
It can also occur as an autoimmune disorder.
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis
- Neck flexion induces electric shock like sensation running down the back.
- Pain in one eye, particularly on eye movements
- Dimness of vision, Diplopia
- Sensation of cold water running down the back
- Stiffness of back
- Flexor spasms, cramps
- Ataxia of limbs, unsteady gait
- Erectile dysfunction
- Slurred speech
- Poor memory
- Personality changes
- Absent abdominal reflexes
- To demonstrate involvement of disseminated anatomical sites – MRI most sensitively reveals asymptomatic lesions.
- To demonstrate inflammatory demyelination – CSF – presence of ologoconal bands in CSF but not serum indicates inflammation confined to the CSF.
- To exclude other conditions mimicking multiple sclerosis – often structural lesions must be excluded by MRI.
Treatment for symptoms of multiple sclerosis symptoms
Treatment entirely depends upon cause and medical condition.
Homeopathic treatment for symptoms of multiple sclerosis – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat symptoms of multiple sclerosis but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for symptoms of multiple sclerosis treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations, modalities and extension of complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.
Allopathic treatment for symptoms of multiple sclerosis symptoms – mainly symptomatic
Other natural and alternative modes of treatment for multiple sclerosis symptoms – Naturopathy, Ayurveda, Yoga therapy, Acupressure, Acupuncture, Chinese medicine etc