A CASE OF RINGWORM –
- It is a very infectious and common skin infection causing a ring
shaped red rash.
- Ringworm is caused by a fungus that grows on the skin. Once the fungus is established, it spreads out in rings.
- The center of the lesion may clear up, while a new ring of infection develops at the edge of the old ring.
- CASE DETAILS
A 35 year old man suffering from severe ringworm (Homeopathy for Ring Worm) for one year.
- PAST HISTORY
Typhoid before 1 year. Skin rashes during treatment of typhoid because of allopathic medication.
- PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
Weight – 45kg
Blood pressure – 122/ 78 mmhg
Respiratory rate – 17/minute
Pulse – 72/minute
- SYSTEMATIC EXAMINATION
Exfoliation of skin more on chest, abdomen, neck and face with ring shape eruption.
CBC, BT, TC are normal
- DIFFERNTIAL DIAGNOSIS
- Drug reaction
- Hypersensitivity reaction
- ANALYSIS OF CASE
- All complaints aggravate after allopathic medication so we can understand that the patient is oversensitive to allopathic medication.
- SKIN IS VERY SENSITIVE – REACTION IS VERY STRONG – SO WE NEED REMEDY WHICH HAS THIS TYPE OF HYPERSENSITIVITY.
- Within 1 year it spread to chest abdomen and face
- SKIN SYMPTOM
- PHYSICAL GENERALS
- Here Pulsatilla is the remedy which has hypersensitivity of skin as well as the strong physical general thirstlessness, as well as desire for open air.
- SO WE GET MORE SURETY BECAUSE OUR REMEDY MATCHES THE LOCAL COMPLAINT AS WELL AS PHYSICAL GENERAL LEVEL.
- CORRESPODENCE WITH MATERIA MEDICA
- Itching, mostly burning or pricking (as if caused by stings of ants),
principally in evening, and at night in heat of bed, < by scratching.
- Strong desire for open air, which makes patient feel better in every way,
- Thirstlessness with all complaints.
- REMEDY – PULSATILLA
- POTENCY SELECTION – 30 (tds) for
- Here pathology is at local level so remedy should be given in low potency.
- Scanty characteristics
- FOLLOW UP
After one week
After one year
|06/02/2014||Improved 25 to 30%(++)
All eruptions are decreased. (+++)
|Pulsatilla 30(tds) for 30 days|
Itching decreased (+)
|Pulsatilla 200(sd) fresh
S.L.(tds) for 30 days
|21/05/2014||Improved(++)||As above for 30 days|
|16/06/2014||Eruption increased||As above|
|26/06/2014||Eruption on arm improved(++)||As above for 1 month|
|23/07/2014||Eruption increased(++)||As above|
|11/08/2014||As it is||Puls 200(sd) fresh
S.L.(tds) for 15 days
|28/08/2014||Eruption increases.||Puls 200(3pkt) every night
Phytum (tds)15 days
|15/09/2014||Improved(++)||S.L.(3pkt) every night
Phytum (tds)1 month.
|18/10/2014||Boils(++)||Puls 200(2pkt) every night
|23/12/2014||Improved(+)||Puls 200(sd) phytum (tds) for 15 days|
|15/01/2015||Improved(++)||Puls 1M(sd) phytum (tds) for 1month.|
|13/04/2015||Improved(++)||Puls 200(sd) phytum (tds) for 30 days|
Phytum (tds) for 2 month.
|20/08/2015||–||Puls 200(sd) phytum (tds) for 30 days|
Phytum (tds) for 1month.
Phytum (tds) for 1 month.
(For the last 4 months the patient is on placebo. No complaint at all)