This is a case of Alopecia in a boy of 19 years. This patient visited me on August 17th , 2018. He had been suffering from loss of hair for almost 3 years. As per the recommendation of the dermatologists, he had been applying minoxidil and had also taken many P.R.P (platelet rich plasma) sittings. He had been very anxious about his condition as his scalp had started showing.
Thirst – Poor, 1 lit/day ; prefers cold milk instead.
Desires – sweets, salty
Sweat – Back
Stool – D1-2, N0
Urine – D4-5,N0-1
Thermal reaction – Chilly
Sleep – 8 hours ; on back and side
Dreams – ghosts, quarrels, amorous.
PATIENT AS A PERSON
Introverted – Non interactive
Seldom expresses his anger as he feels it might hamper his relations. Says that he goes to the gym to give a vent to his anger.
Fear of heights
Domination at home especially from father. His father is an alcoholic and becomes abusive after drinking which causes a feeling of mortification and disappointment.
Grandfather died in 2016 which was a major setback to him as he was very much attached to his grandfather.
Stressed about the financial situation of the family as his father is not working.
Ambitious, preparing for charted accountancy.
Wants to be liked by everyone and is very conscious of what others think about him.
Very cautious in his behaviour as he wants to be righteous always.
Recurrent tonsillitis in childhood
Cancer – oesophagus
Irresistible desire to masturbate
Smoking since last one year
Tongue coated and trembling
Teeth extremely sensitive to cold
PRESCRIPTION AND FOLLOW UP
This patient was prescribed Staphysagria 0/1, OD, 10 taps, 1st dilution cup, 16 days. There was no change after 15 days and so I increased the potency to 0/2.
On 30th September the patient returned with miraculous improvement. The bald patch had disappeared and hair fall had also reduced greatly.
This patient is still under my care as of January 17, 2020, and is symptom free.
The following rubrics have been taken from Synthesis repertory which show the coverage of Staphysagria in this case:
- Mind, AILMENTS FROM
- abused, after being
- anger, indignation, with
- anger, silent grief, with
- anger, suppressed
- honour, wounded
- mortification, indignation with
- rudeness, of others
- scorned, being
- sexual excitement
- Mind, AMATIVENESS
- Mind, AMOROUS
- Mind, ANGER, children, in
- Mind, CONSCIENTIOUS about trifles
- Mind, FEAR, high places of
- Mind, QUIET disposition
- Mind, RESERVED
- Mind, SENSITIVE criticism, to, reprimands to, rudeness to,opinion of others, to
- Male genitalia, MASTURBATION, disposition to
- Was insulted; being too dignified to fight, subdued his wrath and went home sick, trembling and exhausted.
- For the bad effects of: onanism, sexual excesses, loss of vital fluids; chagrin, mortification; unmerited insults; indignation, with vexation or reserved displeasure.
- Toothache…painful to the touch of food and drink, but not from biting or chewing;…<from cold drinks and after eating.
- Craving for tobacco
- Onanism; persistently dwelling on sexual subjects; constantly thinking of sexual pleasures.