Child 14 months old, Master Sunder, was brought to me for delayed development.
The main complaints were of poor weight gain [5.5 kg]. Mental development was very slow and there was no teething / talking.
When I saw the patient for the first time, he looked like a baby monkey. His face, expressions and movements were like that of a small baby monkey. He had plenty of hair all over his body +10. He had bushy eyebrows, long eyelashes, a small nose and thin drawn up legs – features evident of Hirsutism ++.
The child’s mother had a lot of tensions and worries during the pregnancy of this child. The reason being that the mother came from a community where a girl has to be given a heavy dowry, and so the mother of this child wanted a male child. She would always be worried whether she would get a boy or girl. Her sleep was disturbed 3+ and she had severe complaints of acidity 3+ and vomiting 3+ during this period. She would often get up worried at night and would dream that someone was harming her. She felt neglected during pregnancy as there was not much cooperation from her husband.
(In the past, she had gotten an amniocentesis done and went in for an abortion as it was a female child)
|Appetite – Less
Craving – Sweets +3
Aversion – Nil
Bowel – Constipated, passes stool every alternate day.
Feels better after burping; otherwise vomits.
|Sweat – +++ fan is must, likes air conditioning
Urine – Nil
|Sleep – Gets up with a startle; when patted goes back to sleep.|
|Thermal modality – Hot
Bath – Tepid
Cover – Aversion
Weather – Comfortable in winter
|Birth weight 2.2 Kg.|
|P/H/O. Bronchitis, cold, cough, constipation frequently|
|Cleft palate – operated 3 months back.|
|Tongue tie – operated|
|Mother – Cold++ MGF – Diabetes|
|O/E Flat head, fontanelles open|
|Hair +10- face, back and all over body, Eyebrows bushy|
|Undescended testes ++ bilateral|
Diagnosis of this syndrome in the case of Sunder was based on following criteria :
1. Low birth weight
2. Facial features – like that of monkey, small head, hair growth, eye brows bushy etc.
4. Undescended testicles
5. Congenital anomalies – cleft lip and palate
6. Language delay
7. Growth retardation, no teething, etc.
8. Behavioural problems
9. Poor sleep and appetite
10. Mental retardation (Homeopathy for Mental Retardation)
Congenital Anomalies, Microcephaly. Cornelia De Lange Syndrome.
Prescription : Remedy
Following improvement is observed in the child :
– Can understand instructions in three languages English, Gujarati and Hindi.
– Understands commands well
– Recognizes voices of family, friends and makes an attempt to speak on phone
– Can hold pencil and scribble
– Makes signals and gestures for whatever he wants
– Likes to keep things in order
– Sensitive and moody in nature
– Loves to mix with older people
– Has developed a good coordination between picture and words.
– Sleeps well
– Loves to listen to music
– Can play with beats and rhythms
– Can play with others
– Desire to travel, to go out, meet people
– Shows way out of the house
– Recognizes good clothes and appreciates with positive gestures
– Loves cold drinks, Mac Donald’s food, drags, insists mother to give such food.
– Whenever there is a pit, understands and moves accordingly.