Name –Mr. Vishal. Age 6 years
First consultation on 8/9/2000
R/O- Jaspur, Dist. Udham Singh Nagar, UP
The patient was brought in the night of 8-9-2000 to the indoor department of my hospital. Various physicians had attempted to treat him and he had been referred back and forth.
He was dog bitten two months ago. The disease progressed as follows:
- The trouble was noted two weeks ago. In the beginning his speech began to slur. Many of his words were unintelligible.
- Irritability increased to a marked degree. Became violent, angry and dangerous.
- Mild fevers off and on and the symptoms in this regard were changeable. Extreme thirst. Ravenous hunger. Hurried and impatient.
- Desire to escape, desire to bite and strike at others.
- Balance of the body became unstable. Salivation copious, viscid.
- Great stiffness in lower limbs. No pain.
- Craving for ice cold water but unable to drink due to spasm in throat that was spreading throughout the body. Hence, extreme fear of water.
- Temperament very irritable. Desire to injure others. Desire to cling to his mother. Surprisingly, no anger or violence towards his mother. Gestures, as if trying to frighten others or to injure them. Eyes staring, wild looking. Craving light.
- Head hot, limbs cold. Shrieking. Obstinate. Striking himself.
- History of mild head injury three years ago. No problem was felt ever before.
- Was a very timid baby with carious teeth. Had habit of sleeping on abdomen.
Clinical diagnosis – Rabies
- OBSTINATE, headstrong
- OBSTINATE, headstrong – children
- CLINGING – take the hand of mother, will always
- CLINGING – child – grasps the nurse when carried
- HELD – desire to be held (Eliminating Rubric)
- LIGHT – desire for
- BITING – himself
- STRIKING – himself
- SHAMELESS IN CHILDREN
- SHRIEKING – obstinate
- OBSTINATE, headstrong – fever, during
- INJURIES of the head, after
- EXTREMITIES – COLDNESS
- TEETH – CARIES, decayed, hollow
- SLEEP – POSITION – abdomen, on
- HEAD – HEAT
8-9-2000 Rx- Strammonium 1M one dose. SL 1 hourly.
9-9-2000 —Feeling of improvement.
Rx- Belladonna 1M, one hourly.
10-9-2000 —Again feeling improvement. No hydrophobia at all.
Rx- Ars alb 200, 2 hourly. 11-9-2000 —Improvement continued in all respects except irritability and desire to remain in his mother’s hands.
RX- Chamomilla 1M 3 hourly
No Further Symptoms
|23-9-2000 – Cured|