Age: 6 months
Baby SP was diagnosed with Spina bifida when she was three month old. The parents contacted us when the baby was six months old. She had taken allopathic treatment for two months. The neurosurgeon said the baby needed complicated surgery, otherwise she would remain handicapped for life (but gave no assurance of normal life after surgery).
Her birth was normal, but as she grew, she was not able to crawl, turn from one side to another or to sit up on her own. Could not bear weight on her legs, and if she tried to stand, her legs would just flop.
- Frequent colds.
- Hot patient, often sleeps uncovered especially feet; likes cool, open air and dislike heat.
- Sleep – won’t sleep until late at night, then restless sleep. Lying on abdomen or knee-chest position.
- Fear of dark.
- Marked craving for cold milk, water.
- Strong smelling urine and stool.
- Small lump on the lower back.
- Her head size was comparatively bigger than a normal child (hydrocephalous).
- Left leg smaller than her right both in length and thickness.
MRI finding suggestive of dorsal dermal sinus intra medullary lesion at l-1 level as described dermoid
– Low lying cord
– Spina bifida defect as described
Family history of suppressed gonorrhoea.
Based on history of the case I prescribed Medorrhinum 1M followed by
- sac lac for three months
- Calcarea fluorica – 3x 1-1-1for three months.
- Silicea 3x – 1-1-1– for three months.
Follow up after three months
After three months
- Able to sit on her own without any support.
- Walks with the help of support.
- No sign of hydrocephalous.
- Increase in weight as well as height.
- sac lac – six month
- Calcarea fluorica – 3x 1-1-1for six months.