– Sensitiveness lack.
– Increased bowel Activity< (< slightest motion )
– < Waking (<motion.)
– < Rest (< sleep after)
– Stool offensive.
– Perspiration – single part (eyes).
– A/F : Ambition, anxiety
– Anxiety Planning new business.
– Thermals : Hot.
– Miasm : Psoric to Sycotubercular. (Jumping Miasm)
- Remedy Selected : BRYONIA 30
- Response :
The patient had a quick relief of his long standing complaints. From the very second day of medication, frequency of motions reduced. The patient had tried every type of medicine which had given no relief in the last 2 yrs and hence, a quick relief by such small pills was an astonishing experience for him.
He had got rid of his irksome headache.
In next few days loose stools and frequency both had stopped. He could have food properly. It was a big mental as well as physical relief for him……
- D/D :
Sulphur, Nat Mur :
It is very close to the case, but one point is enough to differentiate that is slightest motion aggravates.
ORIGINAL CASE FROM DEC 2012
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Dr. Amarsinha Nikam
This is an interesting case of a male patient aged 25 years suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome since 2 yrs and C/o Headache since 1 yr.
This complaint may sound quite uncomplicated, compared to the previous cases I’ve presented, but the selection of a remedy is a real brain teaser, so try hard!
Regarding the patient’s day to day activities, he is a hard worker, who wanted to be a doctor but couldn’t, due to a poor financial situation. He now works in a pediatric hospital where he can handle almost all the work. He can manage IV drip, understand investigations and at times manage patients. He works there from 8am morning to 2pm and at night till 11pm – a very hard worker. He couldn’t be a doctor, but he did perceive his passion. Here is his case history:
He started with the complaint of loose motions 2 yrs ago. Initially it was termed as amoebiasis and he was treated accordingly, but without relief. His complaints span 2 years and increased to the level that he had lost 2 to 3 kgs of weight. He was also experiencing headaches for the last year. Meanwhile he had accompanied his brother to my hospital for the treatment of his nephew for seizures. During the case there was a short discussion about his complaints. I then told him to provide the case history after which he was consulted and admitted.
Homeopathically one can consider this case to move from the Psoric to the Sycotubercular miasm. It has a lot of comorbidities as depression etc., which have the capacity to affect the entire personality. So, one just can’t afford to ignore and neglect the condition. Proper medication is a must.
- Investigations : not done
His complaints were as follows:
- Gastric disturbances since 1-2 yrs.
– Onset gradual.
– Urgency for stool; has to go for stool as soon as he eats anything, even after taking liquids.
– Stool: Watery, yellowish. Very offensive like rotten eggs. 15-16/ Day & 3-4/Night.
– Abdomen: bloated sensation.
– Stomach: Acidity with burning in chest.
– Eructation: Normal, no taste but continues 6-7/day.
< Milk+++. > During sleep.
< Oily food++. > Night.
< Spicy++. > Roti.
< Eggs++. >12:00 – 4:00 pm.
< Morning+ 5-6 times. > Lying on Rt. side.
< Drinking water – Slight pain in abdomen.
< Waking on. Urge for stool.
- 2. Headache since 1 yr.
– Gradual onset, gradual decline.
– Duration : half to an hour
– Location : Frontal, vertex, temporal region.
– Sensation : Throbbing, wants to hit head to wall sometimes due to severe pain.
< Concentration during. > Relax.
< Noise, irritation. > Closing eyes.
< Morning. > Lying on back.
< Sleep after. > Fanning.
< Waking on 7 – 8:30 am occ. up to afternoon.
· Physical Generals :
§ Diet : Mixed.
§ Appetite : Decreased. Can tolerate hunger.
- Desire : Rice+++, Milk+++, Milk Products++, Sweet++, Non-Veg+, Ice Cream+.
- Aversion : Spicy, Salty.
- Food< : Spicy, Milk, Oily < complaints.
- Head : Headache.
- Eyes : Using specs since 2 months for both eyes. Perspiration around eye white.
- Thirst : Thirsty. S.Q.L.I. 1-2 lit/day.
- Mouth : Dryness.
- Tongue : Dry, white coated.
- Chest : Burning d/t acidity.
- Stomach &
Abdomen : Acidity. Heartburn 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Bowel : Loose motions.
- Bladder : 2-3 times / day.
- Perspiration : Profuse, slight offensive; whitish stains, more on above & below eyelids.
- Sleep : 7 hrs. Disturbed. Awakes at 3-3:30 am then again sleeps at 4-4:30 am to 7-8 am.
Lying on Lt. side.
Refreshing but after sometimes headache starts.
Requires 1 Pillow.
§ Thermally : Hot.
· MIND :
- Tell me about your childhood?
I have stayed in a village. Financial condition was average. I was good in studies. I have studied 12th Science. I wanted to be a doctor but I couldn’t due to weak financial condition.
By nature I was mild. I never liked to be much amongst people. I always had few selected friends.
I was short tempered. I never liked anyone contradicting me, criticizing or doing wrong to me.
- What are your present situations?
I got married 3 yrs back. I had 2 sons, one of which passed away just 3 days after birth.
We stay as nuclear family. At present I am working in a pediatric hospital. I have got good experience here. I can manage most of the work in hospital. I am well versed with many medical procedures. Financially things are working good. I do have a plan to set a business.
- Tell me about your nature?
I am mild. I do feel bad if someone teases, criticizes, contradicts or does wrong to me, which is the case many a times in hospital, but I never react to them. If such incidents occur in the office I directly inform the seniors and they take appropriate action.
I still don’t much prefer to be around people. I don’t like people sympathizing me. I hardly have any friends but I am fine with it. I share a good relation with my family members.
I like cleanliness and to follow time.
- What are your Worries?
I feel worried about son’s future. I do feel sad about not able to study more after 12th because of poor financial condition. I started doing job very early.
I want to start a new business. Meanwhile my brain is occupied with these thoughts. I want to work hard and develop a good business.