Accuracy = Exactness
When we sometime fail in a case or there is only little improvements the reason is we try to fit everything in the remedy. Or, we try to fit everything in one particular drug picture. We have learned something about every remedy like e.g.
- Pulsatilla is emotional
- Lycopodium is a boaster
- Nux vomica is irritable
- Phosphorus is very extroverted
These drug pictures in our mind, which are a good idea to learn the remedy, can often be a block while treating a patient. We might perceive a patient as Pulsatilla and don’t go further.
To avoid, what is to be done?
● FOCUS at BIT that doesn’t FIT.
The BIT which does not Fit like Pulsatilla.
- Case of Convulsion: A 40 year old lady who is an allopathic paediatrician in Hyderabad is having convulsions for many years, and is also a known case of:
▪ Insomnia and taking anti-epileptic medicines.
A peculiar symptoms is that, whenever there is convulsion it is followed by large burps and post convulsion she feels very weak and sleepy and on entire body there is cold sweat and she feels confused, unable to do anything for a few hours after convulsions.
- State of Mind:
▪ Being very friendly, extrovert
▪ Very Sensitive
▪ Irritable on small things
▪ Likes to be alone, but at the same time anxious
▪ Fear and scared of being alone, of darkness, of illness
▪ Worry about future
▪ Gets into quarrels with her husband at small things
▪ Gets very emotional.
- Physical Generals:
▪ Cold Aggravates
▪ Desire for cold drink.
Now we see that patient is anxious, extrovert, desire for cold, emotional. We may think of Kali carb, Phosphorus, Pulsatilla.
But what did we miss?
In this case this kind of eructation, cold perspiration, weakness which is post convulsion is something which we don’t know.
And that would be the strongest feature to focus upon. So rather than focusing at mind symptoms and anxiety which are kind of common symptoms, we should focus on most important phenomena of disease. When we focus at peculiar, we get only one remedy:
And, if you read Hering:
China Ars 1M was given
Follow up within 2 weeks:
▪ After 2 weeks – Frequency of fits which was every day, has
reduced by 50%.
▪ Sleep improved.
▪ Eructation >>>>.
▪ No new symptoms.
Follow up after 3 months
▪ Fits reduced by 90%.
▪ After 3 months, I started reducing anti-epileptic medicine
▪ Emotional state of mind is much better
The main thing is that we also have to focus on disease and what are the characteristic symptoms of it.
1) In a case of conjunctivitis, patient would tell me that whenever there is a weather change, he suffers from conjunctivitis.
▪ Aggravated by weather change
▪ Especially Right side-Outer side
Dulcamara is a good remedy for that, but most characteristic was, (patient sent me image of it) it was more on the right side and on outer part.
So, when you check the repertory, you get:
There is only one remedy, Carboneum sulph. This helped the patient remarkably.
A case of asthma – The patient would tell me that he feels anxious, and has difficulty in breathing when lying down, which is better after warm drinks of lots of water.
▪ Aggravated by lying down
▪ Only feels better after drinking warm with a lot of thirst.
This gives an idea about Arsenic, but if you open the repertory you will see only one remedy:
Within one dose of the remedy , Spongia, the asthmatic attacks improved.
The patient would tell me that there is constant nausea and vomiting but along with it “I feel constantly in my nose as if smell of mutton is coming”.
▪ Aggravation drinking and eating
▪ Feels as if some mutton or old meat odor is there
▪ As if it is cut in house.
This fantastically opened up the case. And helped the patient tremendously
One patient would tell me, that he would get chills only after 3 am at night.
Did very well on Thuja:
after Thuja , the chills frequency and intensity reduced
You need to search in a given case what you don’t know.
Get out of your comfort zone.
▪ get away from well-known drug pictures, if indicated go ahead but if not, then don’t fix it.
▪ get away from themes.
e.g. he feels forsaken so, he may be magnesium.
▪ get away from what you know.
- FOCUS AT UNKNOWN
- EXPLORE THE UNKNOWN
- EXPLORE THE AREA THAT YOU DONT KNOW
- EXPLORE THE MOST PECULIARITY
- EXPLORE THE MOST PROMINEN