A girl aged 11 years came to me with her mother on 28th March 2015 with the complaint of one underdeveloped breast. Her right breast was completely flat and the left one was developing and measured 2 inches from base to nipple. She did not have any other complaint.
Constitution of the patient
- Physical make-up – She is a tall, fair complexioned, thin girl.
- Thermals – Affected by extremes of temperature, more towards hot.
- Thirst – Not much thirst. Saliva dribbles from corner of the mouth during sleep.
- Perspiration – Scanty
- Stool – Normal
- Urine – Normal
- Menstruation – Has not started
- Food desire – Likes spicy food
- Mental make-up
- She is a shy girl. All the questions were answered by her mother during case taking.
- Her mother said that the girl cries very often at small issues but lifts up her mood easily.
- The girl is quite adamant, soft-spoken, introverted, good in studies.
- She feels suffocated in a closed room and wishes for open windows but covers herself with a blanket during sleep (because of her shy nature).
- Family history
- Mother is healthy
- Father has premature baldness
- Elder sister has chill blains
- Past history – She had measles at 5 years of age. She was treated through allopathy.
Analysis of the Case
- Aversion to closed room.
- Weeping disposition.
- Dribbling of saliva during sleep
- Mild but stubborn.
Medication and Follow up
- 28/03/2015 – The girl portrayed a typical picture of Pulsatilla. She was given Pulsatilla 200 (single dose) followed by placebo for a month.
- 01/05/2015 – The right breast that was earlier completely flat was showing slight protuberance while the left breast still measured 2 inches. The dribbling of saliva had stopped. She was given placebo for a month.
- 07/06/2015 – The right breast became more conspicuous and measured 1 inch (from base of breast to the nipple). She was again given placebo for 2 months.
- 10/08/2015 – The right breast still measured 1 inch but the size of the left breast had increased by 0.5 inches and now measured 2.5 inches. I repeated Pulsatilla 200 (single dose) followed by placebo for a month.
- 15/09/2015 – The right breast now measured 2 inches and left measured 2.5 inches. Placebo was again given for a month.
- 10/11/2015 – The girl’s both breasts now measured almost the same size.
Treatment was thus discontinued.
- Currently – The girl still comes to me along with her mother and elder sister for her sister’s treatment. She is completely fine and both her breasts are now growing normally.
- This is a simple case which illustrates the efficacy of homeopathy in a seemingly unique case.