Presenting Complaints –
- Vitiligo around the lips which flared up within two months. (h/o of allopathic drug suppression)
- Ailments from fear of losing family and feeling of being alone and unsecured. The patient is born and bought up in a joint family. The disputes in the family happened to be the reason for her skin ailment.
- The patient is very attached to her family. She likes to be around them all the time. She feels lonely when a few members are away for a short time. She likes to do all the chores with the family members like having dinner.
- In a family dispute, she was deeply hurt and scared about her family being separated permanently.
- Cannot tolerate changes in daily routine.
- The patient gets angry over small insignificant matters like if people around her fail to address or speak with her nicely.
- In anger she grits her teeth and raises her voice while speaking. Also pushes her mother and/or younger sister away.
- She hates and gets angry when anybody asks her about the vitiligo patch on her face.
- Kicks off things on her way while walking. (often kicks off her toys).
- She feels jealous when her mother plays or takes care of her younger sister – Sibling jealousy is significant.
- False steps. Stumbles while walking and keeps falling.
- Eyes – swelling under the eyes in the morning.
- Food – Desire for refined flour which disagrees. Constipated. Feels shy to visit the restroom when everyone is around.
- Sleep – Normal
- Thermals – Chilly
- Constitution – Stout, swelling under eyes
- Desire- Sour food (like tamarind), spicy food
- Hobbies – Gourmand, likes dressing and doing makeup, and likes playing outdoor games.
- Menses- irregular, no pain before and/or during menses. Doesn’t like to do any activity. Sitting is a comfortable position during menses.
- Fears of – insects, darkness, and staying alone.
Miasmatic Analysis –
|· Fear of losing family and insecurity.
· Fear of insects and darkness.
· Feeling of being alone after a dispute in the family.
· Constipated. Feels shy to visit the restroom when everyone is around.
|· Stout constitution with swelling under eyes.
· Can’t tolerate changes in daily routine.
· Sibling jealousy.
· Pushes mother and younger sister away in anger.
· Desire for spicy food
|· Hobbies like dressing and doing make-up.
· Playing outdoor games.
· Kicks off things in her way while walking.
· Desire for sour food like tamarind.
· Desire for refined flour which disagrees.
The final prescription is based on the-
- Miasmatic breakdown – Tubercular +++ Sycotic ++
- Kali carb 200c single dose was prescribed on the basis of fear of losing family and insecurity, stout constitution with swelling under eyes, can’t tolerate changes in daily routine, feeling of being alone after a dispute in the family (A/f), pushing the mother and younger sister away in anger, desire for refined flour which disagrees.
|Date||Prescribed on the basis of||Treatment|
|12/6/2021||Fear of losing family and insecurity, Stout constitution with swelling under eyes, can’t tolerate changes in daily routine, feeling of being alone after a dispute in the family
|Kali carb 200c (1dose)|
|14/7/2021||Pain during menses better, aversion to work during menses better, pigmentation seen in vitiligo patches.
|11/8/2021||Menses appear regularly, no pain during menses, anger issues improved, and anxiety is better, vitiligo patches decreased and seem smaller, and constipation is better.
|15/9/2021||No menstrual complaints, anger, and irritation improved significantly, and bowel movements were regular, vitiligo patches decreases further.
|13/10/2021||The anxiety of being alone decreased markedly, does not throw anger tantrums, and her insecurity about family separation decreased in spite of family disputes, vitiligo patches seen are very tiny spots.||Sac Lac|
|14/11/2021||Vitiligo patches cleared, menses regular, no anger issues observed.||Sac Lac|
(Before treatment) (After treatment)