“Homeopathy exists without a recognised body of evidence for its use. Furthermore, it is not based on sound scientific principles. It is vital to protect the welfare of animals committed to the care of the veterinary profession and the public’s confidence in the profession that any treatments not underpinned by a recognised evidence base or sound scientific principles do not delay or replace those that do.” – Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons – Nov 2, 2017
The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) wants to stop veterinarians from practicing homeopathy. They say it’s “to protect the welfare of animals” but what are they really up to? Every time a homeopathic vet cures another animal it is evidence that homeopathy is a powerful and safe healing method. The RCVS and those invested in Pharma drug profits want to bury that evidence. They want to stop any vet from practicing who doesn’t prescribe their products, or who uses less of them. Never mind that many of those are quite dangerous. For instance, flea and tick products commonly recommended by conventional vets have injured and killed many dogs and cats.1,2 Veterinary drugs for other purposes have also caused injury or death. If the RCVS were really concerned about the welfare of animals, they would be embracing safer alternatives instead of trying to suppress them.
Immunity generated from most of the core veterinary vaccines lasts many years and, for some, a lifetime.3 Yet, because vaccines are highly profitable, the manufacturers and many veterinarians often push for yearly booster shots. Furthermore, there is risk with these vaccines, as they can cause lethal injection- site sarcomas.4 A veterinarian told me they give the vaccinations in the leg, so when the cancer develops they can amputate. So why isn’t the RCVS working to change the policy of giving dangerous vaccines and repeating them unnecessarily? Apparently, protecting animals is not their first concern.
While the RCVS is hostile to homeopathy and prints lies about it, people whose pets are treated homeopathically are quite happy with the results. So too are the many farmers who use homeopathy for their livestock. Farmers are practical people who make a living raising healthy animals. They wouldn’t continue for one minute with a therapy that didn’t work.
The British Association of Homeopathic Veterinary Surgeons (BAHVS) is fighting back against this latest attempt to suppress homeopathy. On January 15th they led a march on the RCVS headquarters to deliver a protest petition. It was attended by veterinarians, pet owners and those who support homeopathy and medical freedom in general. I hope it was propitious that they met at the Winston Churchill statue in Parliament Square. The battle continues.
BAHVS reply to RCVS
IN THIS ISSUE:
Editorial – “Burying the Evidence”
Letters to the Editor from Nov 2017
HOMEOPATH IN THE HOT-SEAT
Jason-Aeric Huenecke RSHOM is interviewed by Linda V. Nurra, Ph.D. Mr. Huenecke is an internationally recognized Master Prover and Principal Researcher at the Northwestern Academy of Homeopathy (Minneapolis, USA). His provings are published in The American Homeopath and are available for free on the Northwestern Academy of Homeopathy website.
– Tidbits: Homeopathy 4 Idiots – How to explain homeopathy to the novice – Elaine Lewis
– Homeopathy Misapplied – Katja Schütt
– Addiction – The Compassionate Search for the Lost Soul – Declan Hammond
– Senile Dementia – Dr. Aparna Joshi
– Heilkunst Diagnosing – Allyson McQuinn
– The Soul of Remedies – Cantharis – Dr. Rajan Sankaran
– Aurum Metallicum – Dr. Luc De Schepper
– Tips & Secrets – Alan V. Schmukler
– Encephalitis with R. Sided Pneumonia – Dr. Rajiv Peres
– Bronchitis in a Boy of 4 – Petr Hoffman
– Insomnia in a Woman of 49 – Dr. Hemesh Thakur
– A Miasmatic Approach in Hypothyroidism – Dr. Greeshma Vikraman
– Dr. Vanita RajivJohari – Psoriasis in a Woman of 23
– Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy – Dr. Gaurang Gaikwad
– Tinea in a Woman of 42 – Dr. Shraddha Samant-Kund
– Migraine in a Man of 54 – Diderik Finne
– A Case of Bovista – Dr. Arshi Tank
– Anxiety in a Man of 22 – Dr. Amit Singh Pal
The Dynamics Of Homoeopathy by Dr. Aparna Joshi, is reviewed by: Dr. Firuzi Mehta.
The other song – Discovering Your Parallel Self by Dr. Rajan Sankaran is reviewed by Jay Yasgur.
Gemmotherapy for Everyone – Building Immunity in Babies and Young Children by Lauren Hubelle is reviewed by Rochelle Marsden
– Ask the Holistic Vet – Dr. Deva Khalsa – (Send your questions to [email protected] )
– Crossword Dec 2017 – Alan V. Schmukler
– Alan V. Schmukler
SOLVE THE CASE QUIZ
Elaine & Shana Lewis –Solve the monthly quiz!
– Revisiting: Answers to last month’s quiz – Elaine & Shana Lewis
Ask the Plant Doctor – Agrohomeopath Radko Tichavsky answers readers’ questions about gardens and crops. (Send your questions to: [email protected] )