This is a 4 year follow up of a Multiple Sclerosis case first I shared here at this link: https://hpathy.com/clinical-cases/reversal-of-multiple-sclerosis-in-a-woman-of-53/#comments
First MS attack was on 3/26/2017. A normally functioning client slowly became a quadraplegic within 5 days, spent 4 months in hospital and after 2 years returned to work full time having reversed MS symptoms by about 95% using exclusively Gelsemium. These are some of the things that have been tried since the last article, 08/2019, and other insights for assisting those with MS. There have been no MS relapses since the first MS attack over 4 years now.
Sept/2020, 57 yr old Woman with MS doing wonderful on Gelsemium 200c, dry dosing. For the last 2 years complains of some of her symptoms increasing and not feeling that Gelsemium is working as much lately.
Past MS symptoms have increased, heaviness of hips, legs, internal heat at night, irritable, MS hug or band in the chest area has returned, back pain, shaky hands, weakness in hands, heaviness in legs, tightness in pit of stomach, dizziness, balance issues.
I retake the case using the present sx, Picric Acid is clearly indicated based on the mental/emotional and physical symptoms. 6c, 12c, 30c potency were tried, at 1x/2x/3x a day, and eventually aggravated all her symptoms with a return of old symptoms in greater intensity and no relief as time went on. “MS hug” came back with a vengeance, stomach issues returning similar to the gallbladder attack that happened the past couple of times in the last several years, back pain, shaky and trembling hands, irritability, some vertigo.
This experimentation with different potencies of Picric Acid lasted for 30 days with no improvement and lots of aggravations. Upon stopping the Picric Acid, the aggravation stopped with the client returning to normal. By the end of 10/2020 restarted Gels 200c once a day and things returned to the old progress and no homeopathic aggravations.
- In a chronic case of MS when it appears the client has benefitted from a remedy do NOT be quick to retake the case on the presenting symptoms of the case. Stay with the present remedy.
- Consider giving sac lac for a short period and then restart the Chronic MS homeopathic remedy that was working.
- Have them keep taking their homeopathic remedy but to work on present day stress and find solutions for that. It would seem that sometimes it is not the homeopathic not working but it is the HIGH stress that is making the symptoms worse, so changing the remedy is a big mistake. Stay with the present remedy.
- Consider an additional dose of the remedy but then stop it once the life issue resolves.
- Refer them to a therapist for any present issues they are not able to solve.
- Remind the patient of their chronic condition and the time it took to get dis-eased so patience is needed to reduce it.
- Homeopathic practitioner needs to be patient as well.
- Jan/2021 Combo urinary remedy was tried to see if it would reduce urinary frequency but only served to aggravate symptoms. Patience needed
- March/2021 Some MS symptoms of heaviness were increased and bothered client, more tired, more tightness. Increased Gels 200c to 1M but over the next several weeks got more aggravated. The Gels 1M really seemed to make her more tired at lunchtime and her eyes got more droopy. Going from Gels 200c, 2x a day to Gels 1M once a day has not helped but she did say that she felt more confident going down the stairs. Continue to use the homeopathic remedy that is working and do not be tempted to change it.
- April /2021 tried Gels 200c 3x a day and the urine stream became stronger but overall seemed to make things slightly worse and she was functioning better with the Gels 200c twice a day only. Keep to the potency and frequency that was working and do not change it.
- May 2021 there is some philosophy from the Edgar Cayce information that Gold is reduced from the chemistry of MS patients. I suggested Aurum Mur 3x but only ended up aggravating the symptoms again. Continue to use the homeopathic remedy that is working and do not be tempted to change it.
- May 2021 Gels 200c, 3x a day really did not improve the client at all; she felt she functioned better at twice a day so that is what the client returned to.
- Patients do NOT always tell you the truth of what is going on within themselves and always want the silver bullet of a homeopathic remedy to save them. A homeopath needs to discern what the STATE of the client is in or what needs to be cured. Lots of clients HIDE the truth of what is going on within themselves so that they do NOT have to face the TRUTH of their responsibility in their healing.
- As Roger Morrison states in Desktop Companion, and I completely agree after having gone through this experience:
- ”if you see clear signs of improvement in general energy or on the psychological level, be very hesitant to change the remedy, even if the physical symptoms do not change significantly”.
- “When the remedy is clear, no matter the speed of the health condition reversal, do not attempt to change the remedy for another most similar one”.
- George Vithoulkas on page 2401 of his Materia Medica Viva states that “Gels is the main remedy we give when we hear that a person is experiencing fear, trembling, and an internal sense of paralysis in anticipation of various events such as …””the fear of facing external stress is unbearable, and central to the Gelsemium case”.
- The point that I am trying to make is that even when the client has some new issues with MS and you think that you need to change the remedy based on the presenting symptoms, keep in mind that the ORIGINAL STATE of MIND that initiated the Multiple Sclerosis has NOT Changed substantially. To change to another Rx, that you think is a most similar remedy, is NOT addressing the reason why the client has become diseased in the first place and will lead to aggravations.
After 4 years of using Gelsemium 200c, twice a day, it continues to be the best remedy, potency, and frequency. The MS symptoms continue to have been reduced by 95% from the first and only MS attack that left her a quadriplegic. She puts in daily a full day of 8 hours of work and when tired some of the MS symptoms return but a good night’s sleep and a second dose of the remedy in the evening does put things back to normal.
No MS relapses in 4 years and a near complete reduction in symptoms as described in the first article. No disease modifying drugs were ever taken and cancer drugs were refused as well. This client simply took Gelsemium about 14 days after her first MS attack, as well as supplements, physiotherapy, changed attitudes, reduced stress, learned life lessons, and the symptoms reduced dramatically within 2 year.s Four years later she has still maintained the results with no MS relapse even after returning to work full time.
See repertorization charts below: