What are the 30 symptoms of autism that I have encountered the most often?
What are the most frequently used remedies?
What are the commonly identified causes?
What prescribing strategies have served me the best?
Presentation of a case study.
About fifteen years ago, I received a phone call from a mother with an autistic child asking if homeopathy would improve the well-being of her 4-year-old child, in particular reduce his irritability. A prescription was made, and a week later the mother reported her child had just pronounced his first words!
As a result of this experience, I developed an interest in the homeopathic treatment of autistic children, which inspired me to write an article on the subject a few years later (2014/2015) in “Homeopathy 4 everyone”.
The next year I received an email from a mom in South Korea who read the article and was looking for homeopathic advice for her autistic son. This was the beginning of an experience that brought me to travel three times to Korea and to gather data from over 700 consultations with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders.
In the paper, I want to share the experience I have acquired over the years. I will present about thirty symptoms (psychic, general and local) which recurred throughout these consultations. Subsequently, over time, I became more skilled at recognizing the possibilities of various homeopathic remedies. I have also developed a prescribing strategy that has contributed greatly to an increase in the frequency of significant improvements and positive results.
(I sincerely hope that you will not hesitate to share your experiences, your comments with me. Because, of course, all of this is still… “A work in progress”.)
1) Mental delays, delays in language and socialization.
Many children seem to live inside a bubble, in another dimension. This seems to make certain types of learning very difficult, both at school and at home.
As the language is generally poor and or nonexistent, communication is difficult. Therefore, socialization is also difficult as the lack of interest from other children also affects them.
It should be noted that the symptoms “Mental retardation, “learning disabilities” and “language delay” are found in the repertoires that I use. (Kent 2 PC software and MetaRepertory, Robin Murphy)
Mental retardation in children: aeth.-2, agar.-2, arg-n.-2, bar-c.-2, bar-m.-2, bufo.-2, calc.-2, calc-p.-2, caps.-2, carb-s.-2, carc.-2, dpt., hell.-2, hyos.-2, iod.-2, lyc.-2, med.-2, merc.-2, mmr.-2′, nat-m.-2, nux-m.-2, phos.-2, plb.-2, sars.-2, sil.-2, stram.-2, sulph.-2, syph.-2, tab.-2, tub.-2, zinc.-2
vaccination, after: carc.-2, dpt.-2, mmr.-2, sil.-2, thuj.-2
Learning disabilities: agar.-2, agn.-2, anac.-2, ars.-2, bar-c.-2, bufo.-2, calc.-2, calc-p.-2, carc.-2, cast.-2, caust.-2, cham.-2, cina.-2, con.-2, dpt., kali-sil.-2, lyc.-2, mag-p.-2, med.-2, merc.-2, mmr., nat-m.-2, okou.-2, olnd.-2, ph-ac.-2, phos.-2, rib-ac.-2, sil.-2
Talking, slow learning to: agar., bar-c., bell.5, bor.1b, calc.1b, calc-p., carc., caust.3, dpt., mmr., nat-m., nux-m., ph-ac.1b, phos.7, sanic., sil.3, sulph.3
We are still far from “the totality of the symptoms” which will guide towards the prescription of the similimum. We have already noted that certain remedies associated with these 3 symptoms will often be found at the end of the list after an accumulation of all the relevant symptoms (Baryta carb, Carcino, DTP, Nat-mur., MMR).
2) Hyperactivity, Irritability, & Anxiety.
70%+ of the children that I have met were agitated. They have difficulty remaining seated, for example at school, remaining seated at their desks.
70%+ are irritable and at time have fits of fury. It seems to be linked equally to hypersensitivity of the nervous system and the difficulty of not being able to voice their needs and desires (language delay).
In many cases, anger is often expressed when they are confronted with obligation, such as a parent’s request where the child has only anger to express his refusal.
80%+ suffer anxiety, manifested by tensions. These tensions arise often when the child is confronted with first time experience, such as, going to new places, having to meet unfamiliar people, having to navigate situations that are out of the ordinary and having to remain alone from their parents for a short period of time.
Hyperactivity, in children: absin.-2, anac.-2, Androc.-2, ars.-2, ars-i.-2, calc-p.-2, carc.-2, cham.-2, cina.-2, coff.-2′, dpt., hyos.-2, ign.-2, iod.-2, med.-2, merc.-2, nux-v.-2′, Rhus-t.-2, stram.-2, tarent.-2, Thuj.-2, tub.-2, verat.-2, zinc.-2
Irritability, in children: abrot., ant-c., ant-t., ars., Benz-ac., bor., calc-p., cham., chin.7, cina., cupr.7, DPT., graph., iod., ip.7, lyc., mag-c., nat-m.13, puls., sanic., sep., sil., staph.7, Ter.12, tub.7, zinc.
Anticipation, complaints from: acon.7, aeth.7, anac.7, arg-n.7′, ars.7′, bry.7, calc.7, camph.7, carb-v.7, carc.7, caust.7, cic.7, cocc.7, coff.7, elaps.7, fl-ac.7, gels.7′, graph.7, hyos.7, ign.7, kali-br.7, lac-c.7, lyc.7′, lyss.7, med.7′, merc.7, nat-c.7, nat-m.3b+7, nux-v.7, petr.7, ph-ac.7′, phos.7, plb.7, psor.7, puls.7, sil.7, staph.7, still.7, stront.7, thuj.7, verat.7
The “Champions” for this short list of symptoms are Arsenicum, Cina, Sil., Stram and Tub, plus DTP and Carcino seen in the previous list.
We are only at the beginning of the presentation, approximately twenty symptoms (characteristics of autistic children). Some remedies are already illustrated as essential.
3) Specific Behaviors
We find, in a certain number of autistic children, specific behaviors by their intensity and frequency. They shout, bite and hit (10% hit themselves and 25%+ hit others).
These manifestations, which are sometimes extreme in their intensity, are often linked to the irritability, anger from the inability to clearly communicate basic desires or needs. Forced to do certain unwanted things, such as eating foods that do not interest them, having to go to bed, having video games taken away, etc.
Striking, in children: CHAM., cina., cupr., DPT., lyc., Mmr., Tub.
Head his:ars., Stram., tarent.
Biting, in children: bell.7, DPT., Mmr.
Shrieking, in children les : anac., apis., bell., Benz-ac., bor., calc., calc-p., cham., cina., coff., cupr., Dor., Dpt., dulc., hell., ign., ip., Jal., Kali-br., Kreos., Lac-c., lyc.88′, rheum., Senn., stram., tub.7
Lyco, Cuprum, Tuberculinum, Cina stand out. But once again, DTP stands above all.
4) Other Common Psychic Symptoms
The last psychic signs that have frequently caught my attention are:
50%+ “fear of the dark” (several children still sleep in bed with the mother).
80%+ “obsessive behavior” (having a tendency to put things away, toys, in a precise way).
50%+ “having a tendency to compulsively repeat a question, a word or a piece of music.
25%+ have a tendency to play alone (video games on their phone).
25%+ poor eye contact.
Fear of the unknown acon., aeth.7, Am-m., bapt., bell.7, Brom., calad.7, calc., calc-p., calc-s., camph., Cann-i., cann-s.3, carb-an., carb-v., caust., cupr., gels.7, Grin.7, Kali-bi.7, lyc., Med., nat-m.7, Nux-m.7, phos., puls., rhus-t., Sanic., sil.7, stram., stront., valer.
Obsessions, compulsions: anac., arg-n., ars., aur., calc., carc., hyos., ign., iod., med., merc., nat-m., nat-s., nux-v., plat., psor., puls., sil., staph., stram., sulph., syph., thuj., verat.
Speech, repeats the same thing: dpt., lach.3b+7
Play alone, children: carc.78
Company, avoid the sight of people: acon., calc.7, cic., cupr., cur.7, ferr., gels., iod., lac-d.7, led., nat-c., sep., thuj.
In this series of 5 symptoms, we find some of the remedies seen before (Carcino, Medo, Cuprum, Stram and Ars, as well as Calcarea).
In total, if we were limited to these 15 characteristics psychic symptoms, the resulting classification table of remedy would read as follows: DTP 22, Carcino 17, Calcarea 15, Lyco 14, MMR 13.
In 12 points, Calc-p., Nat m., Sil., Stram, Tub.
In 11 points, Ars, Baryta v., Cham, Cina, Cuprum, Med.
General and local symptoms:
The search continues to find the best remedy to treat autism. In order to do that, we cannot ignore the general and local symptoms that affect these children.
In Korean children, about twenty of these symptoms affect most children and are recurrent. These included:
1) Appetite disorders: little or too much appetite. Often a desire to eat only a very small number of food (noodles, bread and sometimes an aversion to vegetables or fruits).
2) Intense desires for food (Such as sweets, salty, spicy and often starchy foods). Sometimes a very intense desire for meat.
Desire, farinaceous food: calc-p.8, lach., nat-m., sabad., sulph.89, sumb.
Farinaceous food, agg: alum.3, bry.3, Caust., chin.2, coloc.3b, Iris.3b, Kali-bi.2+3, lyc., mag-c.3, nat-c., NAT-M., NAT-S., nux-v., psor.3b, puls.3, Sulph.
3) Major constipation problems (90%+ of children have poor bowel movement, only 2 or 3 times a week!).
Constipation, in children: Acon.7, alum.2+7, ant-c.7, bry.2+7, calc.7, Cham.7, graph.7, hep.7, hydr.7, lyc.2+7, mag-m.7, nat-m.7, nit-ac.7, nux-v.2+7, op.2, plat.7, plb.7, podo.7, psor.7, sep.7, sil.7, sulph.2+7, verat.2+7, zinc.2
4) Notable food allergies (the easiest to detect are those to dairy products. Less easily identifiable are those to gluten or certain fruits or vegetables).
Allergy, food: Aeth.-2, ANT-C.-2, apis.-2, Arg-n.-2, ars.-2, ars-i.-2, ASTAC.-2, BRY.-2, Calad.-2, Calc-p.-2, carb-ac.-2, carb-v.-2, carc.-2, CHAM.-2, Chin.-2, Chlol.-2, CINA.-2, Coloc.-2, Cop.-2, Cortico.-2, cortiso.-2, Dpt., Dys-co.-2, hist.-2, Ign.-2, Ip.-2, Kali-c.-2, lyc.-2, Med.-2, merc.-2, NAT-C.-2, NAT-P.-2, nux-v.-2, psor.-2, puls.-2, rhus-t.-2, Sac-alb.-2, sulph.-2, Ter.-2, thuj.-2, TUB.-2, urt-u.-2
5) In the world of allergies, reactions to the change of seasons, to pollens, grasses, flowers, etc.
Coryza, annual hay fever): Agar.-2, ail., all-c., AMBRO.7+12′, Aral.34, ars., ars-i., arum-t., arund., bad., benz-ac.45, brom., calc.45, camph.12, carb-v., Carc.88, chin-a.45, Chr-k-s.7+45, Cocain.45, con.45, Cupr-a.45, cycl., dulc., euph.7, Euph-pi.45, euphr., gels., graph.7, Grin.18, hep.7, iod., ip., Just.8+18, kali-bi., kali-i., kali-p., kali-s.55, lach., Linu-u.45, lyc.45′, Med.3b’, meph.4, merc.45, Merc-i-f.45, naja., Naph.45, Nat-i.45, nat-m., Nat-s.28, nux-v., phos.45, Psor., puls., Ran-b., rhus-t.1, Ros-d.7, sabad., sang., Sang-n.45, senec.3b, sep.45, sil., Sin-a.7+12, Sin-n., Skook.12, stict., Succ-ac.-2, Sul-i.1b, sulph.45′, teucr., Trif-p.45, TUB.7+17, Wye.
6) In most cases, these allergies are manifested through chronic rhinitis and nasal obstructions. More evident at night than during the day (children sleeping with their mouths open).
Allergic reaction, rhinitis: all-c.-2, ars.-2, ars-i.-2, carb-v.-2, Dpt., euphr.-2, iod.-2, kali-i.-2, nat-m.-2, nux-v.-2, puls.-2, sabad.-2, Sang.-2, sil.-2, wye.-2
Nose obstruction, at night: agar., am-c., am-m., arg-n., ars., bov., calc., caust., Cheir.12, ferr-i., Glon., ip., kali-p., lyc., mag-c., mag-m., nat-a., nat-c., nicc., nit-ac., nux-v., phel., samb., sec., sep., sil., stict., tell., Zinc-i.3
7) A large number of children (50%+) suffer from various skin problems, like eczema, and sometimes herpes.
Eczema: alum., am-c., am-m., anac., ant-c., Arg-n., ars., ars-i., Astac., aur., Aur-m., Bar-m., bell., bor., Brom., bry., calad., calc., calc-s., canth., Carb-ac., carb-s., carb-v., Carc.88, caust., cic., cina.88, clem., cop., crot-t., cycl., DPT., dulc., fl-ac., graph., Hep., Hydr., Iris., jug-c., jug-r., kali-ar., kali-bi., kali-c., Kali-chl., kali-s., lach., LAPPA-A., led., Lith., lyc., merc., mez., Mmr., nat-m., nat-p., Nat-s., nit-ac., olnd., petr., phos., Phyt., psor., ran-b., rhus-t., rhus-v., sars., sep., sil., staph., sul-i., sulph., thuj., Tub.88, viol-t.
Suppression of these skin problems, (E.g., cortisone), also leads to reactions and aggravations. Consequently, this suppression will also generate various other symptoms which will affect the psychic sphere as well as the neurological, immune and endocrine systems.
Eruptions, suppressed from: acon., alum., am-c., ambr., ars., ars-i., bell., bry., calad., calc., carb-an., carb-v., caust., cham., con., cupr., dulc., gels., graph., hep., ip., kali-c., kali-s., lach., lyc., merc., mez., nat-c., nit-ac., nux-m., op., petr., ph-ac., phos., psor., puls., rhus-t., sars., sel., sep., sil., staph., stram., sul-ac., sul-i.1, sulph., thuj., tub., verat., viol-t., zinc.
8) Sleep problems also effect a large number of children (50%+) and are manifested by great difficulty falling asleep (E.g., more than one to two hours awake before falling asleep), by frequent awakenings and by enuresis (15%+).
Involuntary micturation, night, in children: Carc.-2, caust.-2, chin.-2, cina.-2, equis.-2, kreos.-2, lyc.-2, med.-2, nat-m.-2, phos.-2, puls.-2, sep.-2, sil.-2, thuj.-2
9) Two recurring symptoms particularly surprised me. Almost 50% of these children have scoliosis and almost 50% suffer from various visual problems, the most common of which is strabismus.
Scoliosis : acon.-2, aesc.-2, agar.-2, am-c.-2, ant-c.-2, asaf.-2, aur.3, bac.-2, bar-c.-2, bar-m., bell.-2, bry.-2, bufo.-2, calc., calc-f., calc-i.-2, calc-p., calc-s., carb-s., carb-v., caust.-2, choc.-2, cic.-2, clem.-2, coloc.-2, con., dros.-2, dulc.-2, ferr.-2, ferr-i.-2, get.-2, graph.-2, hecla.-2, hep.-2, iod.-2, ip.-2, lach.-2, lyc., mang.-2, merc., merc-c., mez.-2, nat-m.-2, nit-ac.-2, op., petr.-2, ph-ac., phos., plb.-2, psor., puls., rhus-t.-2, ruta.-2, sabin.-2, sep.-2, sil., staph.-2, sulph., syph.-2, tarent., ther.-2, thuj., tub.-2
Strabismus : agar., alum., alumn., ant-t., apis., arg-n.7, ars., bell., benz-n., bufo., calc., calc-p., cann-i., canth., chel., chin-s., cic., cina., con., cycl., gels., hell., hyos., jab., kali-br., kali-i., kali-p., lyc., lyss., mag-p., meny., merc., merc-c., morph., nat-a., nat-m., nat-p., nux-v., op., plb., psor., puls., spig., stram., sulph., tab., thuj.3, tub., verat., zinc.
10) I was also interested in some other symptoms that could help confirm certain remedies such as thermoregulation (hot or cold child), nail biting (10%+), teeth grinding at night (25%+), excessive sweating (malodorous) of the hands and feet (25%+). As babies, (15%+) the presence of convulsions (epileptic seizure) or still today.
Nails biting: acon.7, agar.87, am-br.7, arg-n.88, arn.7, ars.7, arum-t.7, bar-c.7, bufo.11, calc.3+59, carc.88, cina.3, hura.3, hyos.5+7, lach.5, lyc.3, lyss.3, med.3+88′, nat-m.7+59, nit-ac.3, phos.3, plb.3, puls.88, sanic.7, senec.3+7, sep.88, sil.5+7, stram.7, sulph.5+7, verat.87
Teeth grinding, while sleeping: acon., Agar., ant-c., ars., asaf., bell., bry., calc., CANN-I., Carc.88, caust., cina., coff., colch., con., crot-h., hell., hyos., ign., Kali-br., Kali-c., Kali-p., Lac-d., merc., Mygal., Nat-m.88, Nat-p., Plan., plb., podo., Psor., Sant., sep., stram., sulph.28, thuj., Tub., verat., zinc.
Perspiration, feet, bad odor: am-c., am-m., Anan., Arg-n., ars., ars-i., Arund., bar-c., Bufo., calc., calc-s., Carb-ac., carb-s., Carc.87, Cob., coloc., cycl., fl-ac., graph., kali-c., kalm., lyc., nat-m., nit-ac., petr., phos., plb., psor., puls., rhus-t., sanic., sec., sep., sil., staph., sulph., TELL., thuj., zinc.
Finally, two symptoms that affect the majority of children:
Muscle weakness (75%+), which may result in coordination problems (especially difficulty in running or sometimes even in walking naturally). This weakness also often results in muscle tension and stiffness, especially in the shoulders.
Myositis : acon.-2′, ant-c.-2, ant-t.-2, arn.-2, asaf.-2, bell.-2, blatta.-2, bry.-2, calc.-2, calc-f.-2, chin.-2, cimic.-2, cordy.-2, echi.-2, form-ac.-2, gins.-2, ham.-2, hep.-2, kali-i.-2, mag-p.-2′, merc.-2, mez.-2, mmr., nux-v.-2, perh.-2, phyt.-2, plb.-2, puls.-2, ran-b.-2, rhus-t.-2, ruta.-2′, sang.-2′, staph.-2, sulph.-2, sys-co.-2, thuj.-2, toxo.-2, tub.-2
Extremities, incoordination: agar., alum., arg-n., bell., calc., carb-s., caust., chlol., coca., cocc., con., cupr., gels., merc., onos., ph-ac., phos., plb., sec., stram., sulph., tab., zinc.
And the other symptom mostly present (75%+) is fatigue. The lack of energy, even in the hyperactive, affect most children according to their parents.
Fatigue, chronic : alum.-2, am-c.-2, ambr.2, apoc.-2, ars.-2, ars-i.-2, aur.-2, bapt.-2, bar-c.-2, calad.-2, calc.-2, cann-s.-2, carb-v.-2, carc.-2, caust.-2, chel.-2, chin.-2, chin-s.-2, cocc.-2, con.-2, dig.-2, ferr.-2, ferr-ar.-2, ferr-p.-2, gels.-2, graph.-2, helon.-2, hyos.-2, kali-c.-2, kali-n.-2, kali-p.-2, lach.-2, laur.-2, lyc.-2, mag-m.-2, mang.-2, merc.-2, mur-ac.-2, nat-ar.-2, nat-c.-2, nat-m.-2, nit-ac.-2, nux-m.-2, nux-v.-2, op.-2, ozone.-2, penic.-2, ph-ac.-2, phos.-2, pic-ac.-2, psor.-2, puls.-2, scut.-2, seneg.-2, sep.-2, sil.-2, stann.-2, staph.-2, stram.-2, stront.-2, sul-ac.-2, sulph.-2, thuj.-2, valer.-2, verat.-2
Not all of South Korea’s autistic children suffer from all of these symptoms. However, they share most of these symptoms.
Therefore, if we added up “all the psychic, general and local symptoms”, mentioned above (there are more or less thirty), the first remedies ranked in order of importance would be:
Calc and Lyco 43;
Carcino, Nat-m …
B) THE CAUSES OF AUTISM
The possible causes of autism and the “totality of the symptoms”.
Whichever “the remedy” to be prescribed, taking into account the “totality of symptoms”, it will mainly have to consider the cause of imbalance in the vital energy which has led to the disruption of the psychic, neurological, endocrine and immune systems.
Our experience leads us to believe that many causes must be taken into account such as:
- The child’s hereditary country
- The number of medical treatments and pharmaceutical remedies which could, in the long run, have led to a significant number of suppressions, weakening the immune system (In South Korea, children are easily exposed to taking antibiotics, cortisones and a dozen ultrasounds before they are even born!).
- It is clear, as noted by “Tinus Smits” (C.E.A.S.E. therapy) that certain errors in the child’s diet will affect the emergence or worsening of certain psychic and or general symptoms.
- There are environmental factors such as, most importantly, the sensitivity to electromagnetism for children raised in the global homeland of televisions and cell phones (Samsung).
- Special consideration should also be given to vaccines. In South Korea, a 6-year-old child has already received more than forty vaccines (including two on the day of birth!). While pharmaceutical companies now admit that autism can rarely be caused by vaccination, many parents say they have seen a dramatic changes in their child’s condition within hours or days of vaccination.
I chose to include the “ailment from vaccination” section in all the symptom selections for the totality for two reasons:
- In a number of cases, it seemed clear that the child had “slipped” into the world of autism following one of the vaccinations. Vaccination appeared to be the primary cause of the child’s condition.
- And even when it wasn’t obvious, it seemed interesting to us to “detox” the possible side effects of so many vaccines.
Vaccination, after : acon.8, ant-t.2+7′, apis.2+7′, arg-n., ars., bar-c., bell.8′, bry., bufo.7, calc., calc-p., carb-v., carc.78′, caust., cham., cocc., crot-h.8, diph., dpt., echi., euphr., gels., hep., hepatit-b., hyos., hyper., influ., kali-chl., kali-m.2+7, lach., led., lyc., lyss., maland., med., merc.8, mez.7, mmr., morbill., nat-m., nit-ac., nux-v., ped.7, pert., phos., psor.7, puls., sabad., sabin.2+7, sars.7, sep.8, sil., stram., sulph., thuj., tub.2+7′, vac.7, vario.7′, zinc.
Mental retarded, after vaccination: bar-c., bufo., carc.-2, dpt.-2, hyos., mmr.-2, sil.-2, Stram., thuj.-2′, tub.
Autism, after vaccination: Alum., anac., bar-c.-2, Bufo.-2, cann-i., cann-s., carc.-2, dpt.-2′, hyos., Led.-2, lyc., Med., merc.-2′, mmr.-2, nat-m., op., sil.-2, stram., Syph., thuj.-2, tub.
(These items from the Kent2 PC software and Robin Murphy’s MetaRepertory, are undoubtedly incomplete).
C) PRESCRIPTION STRATEGIES
How do we obtain a maximum of significant results, of conclusive improvements, taking into account the conditions within which these consultations took place?
The prescription had to take into account various factors.
A) The remoteness. In the early years, in-person consultations were held in Korea once a year. The next two or three consultations were done via the internet.
B) Translation. All the consultations were done through a translator, which had an impact on the length of consultations and the accuracy of the data collected. (Questions from … Homeopath to translator to Mom (to explain the child’s symptoms. Answer: from Mom to translator to homeopath). Conclusion: possible loss of information!
C) The totality of the symptoms collected in each case highlighted more than one remedy.
D) Homeopathic remedies are not available in South Korea; it took some time for treatment to begin.
For these reasons, I have developed the following prescription system:
1) The prescription was spread over a period of 12 to 14 weeks.
2) Generally, I prescribed more or less 3 remedies, that is to say 1 per month.
3) With more experience, I focus on the dilutions of 200, 1M, 10M and 50M. The prescription of higher dilutions was all the more justified with time as very positive feedback. Indicated the value of such a remedy.
4) The last week of each month, there was no prescription, to allow for the parents to evaluate the remedy that was taken by the child during the first 3 weeks.
5) On the 13th or 14th week, it was suggested that parents give the child the remedy and dilution that worked best during the first 12 weeks.
6) At the end of the 14 weeks there was a new consultation. The goal was to check what modifications had been made for each of the remedies.
7) In most cases (75% +) more than one remedy (sometimes all 3) have brought about significant improvements. Sometimes, especially in the first year, there were worsening or inexplicable different types of symptoms.
8) The improvements were related to some of the psychological symptoms, as much as the general or local symptoms.
D) THE REMEDIES:
Further knowledge of homeopathic remedies for the treatment of autism comes with years of experience of counseling. If we refer to the list of about thirty psychic, general and local symptoms most often encountered during consultations, (see beginning of this article), some remedies are indicated more often than others by the “totality of symptoms”.
Here are a few that I think are essential today.
DTP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis).
1) Is one of the remedies which gives the utmost improvements.
2) DTP corresponds to about forty symptoms (Sulfur corresponds to approx. 10,000 symptoms) and yet, very often, is one of the remedies which arrives in the front row of the repertorization of the symptoms of autistic children.
3) Note in the 4th edition of his ” MetaRepertory “, Robin Murphy adds DTP under the heading “Autistic following vaccination”.
4) On an online training course, I had the chance to follow Isaac Golden. He enlightened me on the knowledge of this essential remedy for the treatment of autistic children.
MMR (Measles, mumps, rubella)
1) Same as above (refer to DTP)
1) In many cases, the prescription of this remedy has resulted in the unblocking of language and often the ability to release emotions. Example: After taking the remedy for the first time, the child says “Mom, you know that I love you”.
2) Several psychic symptoms correspond to Natrum mur. But what also makes the prescription of this remedy frequent is, one often finds during the consultation many general or local signs which complete the picture of the totality. Example: Biting your nails, desire for salty foods, for fish, for bread, much thirst, herpes…
1) From some consultations, we can draw a dozen more or less significant symptoms. But in some cases, it appears the child is afflicted with an almost infinite number of symptoms. This seems to make the case particularly chaotic and complex. This is the domain of Carcinosinum.
2) With experience, it appeared that Carcinosinum more frequently developed its full potential in high dilutions (1M… 10M… 50M).
1) An extraordinary all-purpose remedy, because it very often corresponds to the “totality of symptoms” but also, because it has a very special quality, its prescription very rarely leads to worsening.
2) Lycopodium corresponds to multiple psychic and general symptoms that plague children with autism, but among these, one of the most common results seen by parents has been an increase in the child’s level of self-confidence. Example: New desire to assert oneself, desire to get out of one’s bubble, better social skills.
About twenty other remedies have often been part of the prescription: Baryta carb, Tuberculinum, Arsenicum, Cuprum, Hepatitis B, Silicea, Stramonium, etc.
Name: X Kim BORN: April/2011
Child’s Chief complains:
- He has high anxiety and he sometimes has a hard time managing his emotions.
- He became so talkative about his interests that he can’t listen to other’s interests.
- Lack of communication and social skills
- Low appetite
- Low confidence
Other symptoms from the consultation:
Fear of the unknown
Grinding teeth while sleeping
Laughing during sleep
Constipation (3 movements a week)
During consultations… many more symptoms were given
Prescription: DTP, Carcinosinum, MMR, Lycopodium
Week 1 (Dtp 200) – He became very irritable, talkative and offensive
Week 2 (Dtp 1M)- He had vomiting 4 times throughout the day then he got suddenly better.
Week3 (Dtp 10M)- started doing sound tics and took naps every day this week. His social skills got so much better that he made friends at a pool and played with his new friends. (+ 30% better)
Week 4: evaluation
Week 5 (Carcino 200): He became very hyperactive and very irritable – keeps teasing his siblings and picking fights among siblings. Unable to do simple math additions and multiplications
Week 6 (Carsino 1M): He took a school assessment and he scored above and beyond the grade level. (Concentration, comprehension, focus… 30% better)
Week 7 (Carcino 10M): He quickly made friends and played with them the whole time we were at a park. He seems to be out of his shell. (50% better and a lot more eyes contact)
Week 8: evaluation
Week 9 (MMR 200): very talkative, irritable, loud (voice itself) and anxious – cried for 1.5 hours. He kept exhibiting past symptoms as he continued to take MMR 200.
Week 10 (MMR1M): he couldn’t focus and was irritable yet became creative to make things with recycled items. He expressed his negative feeling to me. (That was the first time that it happened.)
Week 11: evaluation
Week 12… Lyco 200): too talkative and too loud. Unable to focus but became very outgoing and engaging. He spoke and expressed his feelings.
Week 13 (Lyco 1M): he can focus but is still talkative. He became very outspoken about everything. (+50%)
General review: 9 (The mother’s feedback)
It is amazing to see how much he has been changed. He started expressing his feelings (especially negative feelings). He spoke about unfairness about home rules among his siblings. He likes to point out any mistake I made. He still displays tics when he gets nervous and anxious.
Jiyoung Kim and all the Korean’s mothers.