The books offered by the ICR group have a sweeping and holistic vision of homeopathy and its role in health, disease and restoration of health. The books embody the vision of tri-coordinate care, the vision that only the clinician who truly cares, can cure. It is the clinician who continues to upgrade his knowledge of the field, who teaches what he knows, who goes on conducting research in the various aspects of homeopathic practice as well as education – only that physician can truly heal the suffering human being before him. The books have been written mostly by the late Dr. ML Dhawale.
Dr. M. L. Dhawale, the doyen of homeopathy, was a clinician par excellence, and a noted medical educationist. He was a pathfinder in homeopathic philosophy, practice and education (an inseparable trinity as all discover gradually). He was also a poet-philosopher who evolved through a sensitive interaction with patients, guiding them in the manner of living.
Not only did Dr. Dhawle make seminal contributions to the field of scientific homeopathy, but he also made some fundamental contributions to our understanding of the human psyche and of life in general. His study of the psychoanalytic literature as well as his grasp of the Field Theory of Dr. Kurt Lewin contributed greatly to his comprehension and presentation of human dynamics. He also brought to bear the universal philosophy as propounded by the Bhagvad Gita, as he perceived that a healthy life can be built on this basis, given the turbulent times of today.
His students who comprise the senior faculty of the ICR group of organizations and their students, have carried on his torch to the best of their abilities. As is evidence in the last book “Pediatrics in Homeopathy”. Below are details of each publication.
1. Principles and Practice of Homeopathy: Part 1- Homeopathic Philosophy and Repertorization
– Dr. M.L. Dhawle, MD (Bom), FHMS
This book is a unique, masterly and scientific presentation of Hahnemannian homeopathy as evolved by Boenninghausen, Kent, Close, Boger, Tyler and Roberts.
It offers in detail:
– Extensive presentation of repertorization with case demonstrations
– Presentation of standardized homeopathic practice with the Standard Case Record System at the ICR
– Effective management of structural disorders through better utilization of potency/energy in effecting restoration of coordinate balance between form, function and structure
– Integral presentation of homeopathic medical education and training as an expression of patient care, learner care and knowledge care
– A self study evolutionary learning system for principles and practices of homeopathy when combined with other ICR publications
– Experientially structured on the philosophy and methodology evolving at the homeopathic Post-Graduate Association (1952), Bombay Homeopathic Medical College (1968-1970), National Institute of Homeopathy (Calcutta), Institute of Clinical research (1975-87) and Fr. Muller’s Homeopathic Medical College, Mangalore (1985-87).
– The author was actively associated with all these institutions and in recognition of his work in the field of homeopathic education, the Court of Examiners in Homeopathic and Biochemic Systems of Medicine, Bombay, conferred its Honorary Fellowship on him in 1976.
– This book is used in many homeopathic colleges as essential reading.
2. ICR Symposium Volumes on Hahnemannian Totality
Edited by late Dr. ML Dhawale MD(Bom) FHMS
These are an attractive set of III hardbound books containing a total of 52 papers totaling over 1000 pages. It contains 55 pages of unique charts on homeopathic remedies and 30 charts on homeopathic theory.
The Areas (A-H) cover in detail from various perspectives:
– Philosophical Foundations
– The Mental State
– Miasmatic Evolution
– Scientific Revolution
– Drug Provings
– Homeopathic Materia Medica
– Homeopathic Practice
– Homeopathic Medical Education
It is a ‘must read’ for all homeopaths and an important component of all homeopathic college libraries.
3. The ICR Operational Manual
2nd Edition, 2003: Editor Dr. Anand Kapse
What does the manual bring to the homeopathic physician?
The ICR Operational Manual is a step by step approach to mastering the entire care receiving, processing and the follow-up. Moreover, it also guides the learner in how to learn from the clinical material that he encounters in his own practice. A number of new sections have been added so that the purpose and the use of each page of the Standardized Case Record (SCR) can be understood. The language has been simplified for a beginner to understand t easily. The detailed case illustrations demonstrate the use of each page and each form in practice,
Its presentation is based on the SCR approach which is a major contribution of the late Dr. M.L. Dhawale and the ICR towards improving the standards of homeopathic practice, education and research. Standardization of operations, disciplines, and mind protects the physician against errors while taking quick decisions in a busy practice. Authentic and adequate records are a must for the legitimacy of any research project.
The book is full of illustrations so that the reader can start experimenting with the approach right away. This book is very important for:
Homeopathic Doctors, Internees and Students of homeopathic colleges
4. Perceiving : 1
Dr. M.L. Dhawale, MD(Bom), FHMS
Written by the late Dr. M.L. Dhawale, this is a collection of papers representing some of his unique insights in the following fields:
– Professional Competence
– Case Management
– Homeopathic Materia Medica
– Rural Health
In a clinical setting, perceiving is the most crucial process. Perceiving what troubles the patient, perceiving the patient as a person, perceiving the simillimum …. perceiving predominates. And who perceives? Perception is done by the senses through the nerves. It is a physiological process. Perceiving is done by the self through the mind. It is a psychological process. What clouds the mind? What clarifies it? What role does Hahnemann’s “Unprejudiced Observer” play in this process? How to train the mind to truly perceive the patient. Perceiving 1 handles all these issues and many others.
Homeopathy treats the individual and not the disease. What links the patient, the physician and the remedy portraits are the pain and suffering of the patient. Dr. Dhawale says, “The homeopathic materia medica is a record of the pathos”. Perceiving 1 focuses on homeopathic core issues in materia medica and perceiving an application of the HMM. Indeed, these writings have been the basis on which clinicians the world over have built the edifice of all the remedy pictures currently in vogue.
The book is a must for a busy physician, a teacher doing the noble task of influencing young minds and the clinical research worker who is on the path to break new ground in the treatment of a variety of challenging clinical conditions.
5. Life & Living
Dr. M.L. Dhawale
“Life is a phenomenon. It unfolds, evolved, reaches its zenith and starts a downward journey to reach the end. Living is the manner in which each of us utilizes the time and space given us through the phenomenon that is life.”
Thus wrote the late dr. M.L. Dhawle, the clinician par excellence, the allopathic MD who turned into a homeopath, the poet philosopher who evolved through a sensible interaction with the patients and their life experiences or ‘spaces’ and the need to guide them in their manner of living.
The book Life and Living is a collection of Dr. Dhawale’s poems on his experiences in the clinical setting. The poems are divided into two parts, Philosophy, and Practice. Together, they present the quintessence of this remarkable physician.
While reading the book we come face to face with the rigid value structure that guided the great teacher. Not only are we made aware of our areas of conflict, but we are confronted by the strong value structure which guided the great teacher. This experience heals us and helps us evolve and achieve peace with ourselves. This was the experience of the students in the Institute over the last 24 years since the first edition was released.
The book has another unique feature. The text has been illustrated by original drawings, sensitive interpretations of the poems done by a painter-poet of note. This book is a must read for all thinkers, all physicians, all homeopaths.
6. Pediatrics in Homeopathy, an Approach
A contribution of the ICR Pediatric Team, Dr. Ram’s Children’s Hospital, Mulund.
Editor: Dr. Anand R. Kapse, MD (Hom)
Director, Rural Homeopathic hospital, Palghar
– A distillate of the homeopathic expertise of Dr. Dilip Diksh*t, LCEH, MICR and the Pediatric acumen of Dr. Ramsubramanian, MD DCH. Along with two and a half years of hard work by the team of ICR physicians
– Backed by results with homeopathic treatment that have withstood the tests of consistency, quality, quantity care and cost effectiveness
– Path breaking and revolutionary therapeutic strategies
– Protocols on homeopathic management of common pediatric conditions like
Acute diarrheal disorders
Lower respiratory tract infections
Atopic Dermatitis and respiratory Allergic Disorders
Pain in abdomen, Evening Colic
– Explores the role of homeopathy in surgical conditions like intussusceptions
– Contains basic pediatric information
– Practice-oriented approach
– Invaluable for homeopaths as more than 40% of homeopathic practice is pediatric
– Useful for practitioners, Teachers, Students and Interns