The damaging effects of allopathic medicines have become more and more public in recent years and have been recognized as a real health hazard. On the other hand, it is not so well known that natural diseases and processes can be suppressed by allopathic attempts at “healing” that create completely new symptoms to replace the old ones. This means that the medications result in new, artificial syndromes, so-called disease modifications or, as Dr. Eichelberger put it, “proxy wars” (one ailment replacing another). The patient no longer shows any symptoms of the original disease; the symptoms have been blurred or suppressed. These correlations are very reprehensible, since they usually increase the destruction experienced by the patient and create a greater distance from real healing. The suppression syndrome brings about such a level of general deterioration that even a restoration to the state before would be desirable for the patient.
Suppression means that the manifestation of a disease (its local ailments) disappears before it is cured (as a whole).
We can distinguish three elements in the suppression phenomenon:
- the suppressed symptom
- the triggering cause and
- the newly developed suppression syndrome, that is, a general worsening with the shifting of symptoms to other organs and functional areas.
Suppression always triggers and has a very special meaning for the homeopathic remedy choice. It always has the character of a guiding symptom, since it is a real cause of disease.
Suppression can be triggered in a variety of ways. Roughly speaking, two different types are distinguished in principle, which in turn can be divided:
- random, natural or spontaneous suppression
e.g. by emotional, climatic shock effect; grief; nutritional influences; environmental factors; chill (e.g. absence of menses after a cold bath); suppression of one disease by another, etc.
- suppression through iatrogenic manipulations of modern medicine
- suppression by medication
local treatment such as cortisone or zinc ointments, nose drops, etc.; internally by e.g. antibiotics (Case study: “Absolute Kidney Failure in a Child”: https://hpathy.com/clinical-cases/absolute-kidney-failure-in-a-child/), cortisone, sulfonamides, fever suppositories, analgesics, sedatives, hormones, birth control, urine, colloidal silver, high-dose vitamin C, etc.; in the case of very sensitive people, also possible using natural remedies –Case study: Please see below.
- surgical suppression
removal of warts, moles, tonsils, polyps, appendix, varicose veins, ovaries etc.; closing of fistulas (e.g. anal fistula); obliteration of hemorrhoids, varicose veins; laser treatment of spider veins, etc.; in principle all surgeries, chemical burns, etc.
- suppression by vaccination
interference with natural development as well as prevention of miasmatic self-healing attempts in the form of childhood diseases and additional stress or destruction of the immune system as a whole
- suppression by “homeopathic” medicines or other energetic methods
e.g. with improper palliative treatment, uncritical prescription of “proven medications” based on a clinical diagnosis; treatments with homeopathic complex remedies; treatments using autologous blood; autovaccines; in most cases also homeopathic remedies tested via bio-resonance, bio-sensor, pendulum, kinesiology, EAV (electro-acupuncture according to Voll) etc.; also through improperly practiced “Western” acupuncture, etc.
It can be observed that energy-based suppression due to the advancement of technology in the medical field, now also seen in so-called natural healing methods, is becoming increasingly common. The Swiss homeopath Dr. Adolf Voegeli described this form of suppression as the worst and most reprehensible. Rightly so, because it is the subtle suppression of the ethereal that is far more difficult to reverse than most of the others, if you ignore vaccinations.
Suppression represents a backward process that is contrary to physiological law. Life always works from the inside out, which is also visible in the smallest unit of life, the cell. Even in the event of disease, the vital force will try to push everything to the periphery (e.g. rashes, sweat, diarrhea) to relieve the energetic center and more vital organs.
Suppression, however, does exactly the opposite. The disease is driven from the outside back inside the body! The natural escape routes and valves are blocked; the disease process is shifted to other areas which are more dangerous for the whole organism.
According to John Henry Allen, however, the miasm is still present in the organism with the same strength; only its effect and mode of operation have been steered into a different direction due to the blocking of the “disease valves”! So, the first thing we have to do is restore the suppressed symptoms.
One of the most important questions when taking an anamnesis is to query the origin of the symptoms. Since when has the patient had the symptoms? How was it treated back then, and, of course, how is it being treated now? What was the patient’s condition beforehand and what treatment was that condition possibly receiving? This isn’t just a few hours or days earlier; this earlier condition may have even been a few years or decades ago. There’s some real detective work to be done here.
“Humans are an organism with a history and what is done to them medically today can and will express itself sooner or later, in years or decades, as previous iatrogenic acts of violence in the name of unrestrained medical technology. Crude chemistry on the one hand, the finest acids on the other hand, namely in the area of the 3.5 billion genes of humans – absolute madness!” said Dr. Eichelberger during one of his homeopathic colloquia in Munich.
Frequently, if suppression is removed, not only can the state of the previous condition be restored, but other ailments also disappear, so that the patient is significantly better off. In cases where only the state before the suppressed disease can be achieved, another remedy will be required for this symptom.
The following are a few random examples of suppression from my homeopathic practice:
- Headache and diffuse pain all over the body after suppressing the flu with “proven natural remedies”
- Tinnitus (ringing or buzzing in the ears) due to the homeopathic self-treatment of various more “harmless” symptoms
- Progressive inner ear hearing loss after treatment of a severe flu infection with meningeal irritation using antibiotics and cortisone
- Appearance of malodorous vaginal discharge after surgical removal of polyps at ages as young as 6 and up to adulthood
- Asthma or tendency to spastic bronchitis after treating neurodermatitis with ointments
- Tendency to multiple pneumonia after suppression of a flu infection using antibiotics
- Acute myocardial inflammation with subsequent panic attacks with heart palpitations after treating a flu infection with echinacea and autologous blood
- Anal fistula after hemorrhoid obliteration and subsequent surgery
- Irrational panic fears after surgical closure of an anal fistula
- Epilepsy after suppressing severe bronchitis with antibiotics
- Epilepsy after flu shots for several consecutive years
- Mild apoplexy (stroke) after repeated flu shots
- Inflammation of the parotid gland after self-treatment of a mild flu-like infection with a glass of hot freshly-squeezed lemon juice – Please see the case study below.
- Polyarthritis after drug treatment of muscle and tendon overuse
- Inflammation of cystitis after suppression of chronic gastritis (inflammation of the stomach) with bio-resonance treatment
- Guillain-Barré syndrome after improper treatment of chickenpox
- Huntington’s chorea after a polyvalent vaccination
- Periarteritis nodosa (severe life-threatening arterial vascular disease) of the lower legs after multiple antibiotic treatment of flu infections
- Paranoid conditions with subsequent depression after tetanus vaccination
- Depression with suicidal tendencies after vaccination
- Absence of menstrual periods after hormone treatment
- Meningitis after treatment of a phlegmon on the hand plus a severe flu infection with a broad-spectrum antibiotic
- Lupus erythematosus and kidney failure with dialysis after treating a rash with cortisone
- Acute kidney failure with dialysis after multiple suppression of an original angina and diffuse abdominal discomfort. Please see “Absolute Kidney Failure in a Child”: https://hpathy.com/clinical-cases/absolute-kidney-failure-in-a-child/
Especially people with a psoric condition react to suppression. Therefore, many instances of suppression belong to the psora. However, there are also frequent sycotic suppressions, as well as syphilitic and tubercular ones.
Modern surgery is often a source of sycotic suppression. The surgeries and removal of “diseased” organs or parts thereof force the vital force to establish another – less peripheral – inhibition point, which may be much more life-threatening. Allen observed more than 100 years ago that “syphilis often takes years for something that sycosis only needs a few months for, from the beginning to the fatal end, even only a few weeks”.
Two case studies:
- Suppression by antibiotics and cortisone: Please see “Absolute Kidney Failure in a Child”: https://hpathy.com/clinical-cases/absolute-kidney-failure-in-a-child/
- Suppression by using natural remedies in very sensitive people: see below
Suppression with a glass of hot freshly-squeezed lemon juice
For a better understanding of this matter, perhaps a small memorable case study, which was presented by a colleague in our homeopathic study group many years ago and which is didactically very valuable and taught me a lot:
«A young woman was suffering from an inflammation of the parotid gland (parotitis) which was getting drastically worse day by day. All attempts to cure it by means of well-chosen homeopathic remedies failed miserably, so that the swelling of the parotid gland kept increasing progressively. It was already the size of a tennis ball, so that the woman finally ended up in a hospital.
Thereupon the treating homeopath hit the road and visited his patient in the hospital to take the complete acute medical history again. However, there was nothing new in information! Before the inflammation of the parotid gland, there was a small flu-like infection, which was not treated and disappeared by itself, which the patient had already stated before.
The woman again assured that she had not taken any allopathic medicines, not now and not during that mild flu infection. “I only drank a glass of hot freshly-squeezed lemon juice at that time, otherwise I did nothing!”
However, the patient had never mentioned that before! And thereupon – from a purely temporal point of view – this inflammation of the parotid gland had developed!
The doctor immediately thought of the possibility of suppression by high vitamin C administration and prescribed Sulphur. Sulphur, which otherwise had nothing to do with the acute symptoms of this woman!
Already after two hours a positive feedback came from the clinic: The swelling had already decreased by half!»
Sulphur – the king of suppressions! And Sulphur, which really has no relation to parotitis!
It was only this one leading symptom that led to the solution of this case: suppression! Suppression by means of natural medicine. All other symptoms were more in favor of Pulsatilla or one of the many other homeopathics, all of which had already been tried but only brought disease postponements and aggravations down the line.
In this case study a suppression by a naturopathic remedy happened in a probably quite sensitive person.
It does not always have to be antibiotics, cortisol or cortisone that have a suppressive effect! Natural remedies can also suppress (e.g. melaleuca oil [tea-tree oil], colloidal silver, Schuessler tissue salts), as well as acute improperly practiced homeopathy, if the chosen remedy is not the right one (no therapist can be exempt from this, it is only necessary to recognize it in time)!
For similar topics and cases please see my book “Gentle Medicine – The True Causes of Disease, Healing, and Health”, 2021, Balboa Press, Bloomington, USA.
- Allen, J. H., The Chronic Miasms, 1921, Reprint Edition 2006, B. Jain Publishers Pvt. Ltd., New Dehli
- Grätz, Joachim-F., Gentle Medicine – The True Causes of Disease, Healing, and Health, 2021, Balboa Press, Bloomington, USA,
 Autovaccine: therapeutic vaccine, where the antigenic material is derived from the patient themself (e.g. effusion, pus, stool, urine) and which is re-injected after appropriate processing.
 Prescribing homeopathic medicines in chronic treatment by means of bioenergetic testing cannot work, which becomes very clear from a small example from my practice: A young mother, together with her naturopath, tested the condition and medication of her motor disabled young son on an almost daily basis. The little guy received a different homeopathic medication every few days, partly in low potency, partly in high potency (!), depending on what was “indicated”. However, it also sometimes happened that the medication to be administered couldn’t be given at all, since it couldn’t be obtained quickly enough in the proposed potency or because it was rare, and the condition of the child had changed again, so that the test now required completely different medication!
 „At the age of six, children who have eczema develop asthma.” – Quote of an Austrian pediatrician who used this reason to prescribe Intal (an aerosol inhaler) to a child with eczema three times a day for 1.5 years to prevent asthma. This is how far things have gotten out of hand, where actual correlations are no longer recognized and other strong medications are administered immediately, where they’re not yet needed! It is certainly common knowledge that asthma often occurs due to neurodermatitis, but only after it is suppressed (i.e. locally treated), which most people are not aware of!
 Phlegmon: progressive purulent inflammation of the cell tissue.
Thank you for this enlightening article Dr. Gratz. It leads us to consider the myriad ways, some previously thought harmless, that symptoms could be suppressed.
Dear Dr Gratz,
Thank you for this enlightening article. I have been using a SCIO biofeedback system, as developed by Bill Nelson, for a couple of years. Your writing refers to energetic suppression as the most harmful. Is the SCIO inherently harmful?
Hi Dr. Kotheimer,
Suppression is not primarily due to medication or a device. It is mainly due to the sensitivity and response of the individual patient.
Think of the hot lemon juice. This will not suppress in every case; but – it may well happen once, although very rarely. Antibiotics or cortisone will not always suppress either; only here the danger is by far greater than with natural or homeopathic remedies, for example.
And it is the same with devices, biofeedback systems, regardless of the manufacturer. – Suppresion is always something individual, as in homeopathy in general.
Suppression is a common problem we face these days, and the younger generation of Homeopaths don’t understand the relevance and the consequences of suppression ! It’s good to read this well written and well explained article on suppression. Even our own Homeopathic medicines can cause suppression which I feel is even more difficult to manage, since it is difficult to access the difference between the original disease symptoms and those of the drugs causing suppression.