Sulphate of lime; Plaster of Paris; Gypsum
Mucous membranes (Genito-urinary)
Change of weather
Morning, after waking (Lach.). Evening. Night
Heat of room. Being overheated
Cold. Wet drafts
Bath (coryza, flatulence)
Standing (joints). Motion; fast walking. Exertion
Straining. Over lifting
Onanism. Sexual excesses
Open air; walking in open air; cool air
Heat (local for pains, except head)
|CATARRHAL. ALLERGIC. CALCAREOUS. GOUTY. RHEUMATIC. EXUDATIVE. PHTHISICAL. SUPPURATIVE. ULCERATIVE. VENOUS. CANCEROUS. DEGENERANT. BROKEN-DOWN. WARM-BLOODED. SYCO-TUBERCULAR|
- A deep-acting constitutional remedy, often in severe conditions. Poor reaction. Takes cold easily. Well selected remedies act only for a short while, do not hold (, Sulph., Tub.).
- Make-up: “People who live to eat and are of a rather negative, easy-going type in general” – Schmidt. Averse to bathing (desires cold bath). Infants with bloody coryza, diarrhoea or eczema; tendency to harelip and cleft palate (give to mother during pregnancy). Girls who have delayed first menses. Women, who have had several abortions. Craves stimulants to overcome tremulous weakness and languor. Flabby; obese; disposed to hemorrhages (Calc.). Hysterical. Broken-down constitutions; degenerating; from inebriation, overeating, onansim or other dissipations; syphilitic.
- Suppuration: Tendency to suppuration, to abscess formation (Sulph., Sul-i.). Pyogenic infections. Controls suppuration after pus has formed a vent; but the process does not end; delayed healing. Purulent exudation in serum sacs. Extravasation of pus within the pelvic tissues unconfined by any pyogenic membrane or when a pus bag is formed by rupture of the abscess wall without finding an outlet into the pelvic viscera.
- Catarrhs: All mucous discharges are yellow; thick; lumpy; bloody; offensive or thick white. Suppression of catarrhs or suppurations.
- Epilepsy (in a grandchild of a leper or daughter of a syphilitic family). Convulsions during suppuration or when pus slackens or during menses. “It cures the underlying basis of epilepsy, epileptiform and hysterical convulsions.”–
- Torpid glandular swellings and ulcerations. Cystic tumours; fibroids. Mammary; after suppression of abscess. Malignant growths after ulceration has set in (palliative), well-selected remedies failing. Ulcerations; purulent sores resulting from abrasions, pimples, burns, scalds or bruises.
- Uterine fibroid, myoma in a patient; at climacteric; bleeding.
- Fistulae. Polypi. Small warts on fingers.
- Bone affections; caries; pains day and night.
- Glands: Swollen; indurated; suppurating. Tuberculosis; tabes mesenterica.
- Cancer: Malignant growth after ulceration has set in. Melanoma. Open cancers, with fistula and discharging pus.
- Neuralgia in aged persons. Cutting pains.
- It is Schussler’s “Connective tissue salt”. Present in bile where it comes from liver; it helps disintegration of worn out red blood cells by taking away their water. Thus, its deficiency in the liver hinders this role and heaps up useless cells in the blood. This function is performed by oxidation in the circulation itself which action being tardy and insufficient, the excess, not taken up by the lymphatics, reach the mucous membranes and skin producing catarrh, suppuration, eruptions and ulcers.
- Burns and scalds. Cuts. Wounds suppurating. Eye injury from a splinter. Bruises. Complaints from straining muscles and tendons, from over lifting etc.
- Strong sense of self-importance (like Sulph.). Easily offended. Ailments from vexation and humiliation (Staph.). Laments that he is not appreciated (Nat-m.). Sad in morning, mirthful in evening. Confused in morning on waking and evening (from mental exertion).
- Anxiety: In evening; in bed; at night; about future; salvation; > open air. Perpetual state of apprehension (Arg-n.).
- Timidity (like Calc.). Careful. Fear of birds, insanity, death, that some evil will befall, of misfortune.
- A person with less capabilities () but with more pride (Sulph.). Materialistic. Irresolute. Irritable. Quarrelsome. Discontented at all times (cp. Am-m.). Easily angered, followed by weakness (like its chilly thin brother, Calc-p.). Peevish. Morose. Low minded. Miser (cp. Lyc.). Not tidy. Non forgiving. Obstinate. Full of hatred of people who do not agree with him. Malicious. Suspicious. Jealous (cp. Lach.). Hurried (Sulph.).
- Contrary and contradictory moods. Capricious. Many delusions, whims and strange fancies.
- Indolence. Averse to mental work, to answering questions, to company. Sometimes, desire to walk, to attend to something; as soon as she sets out to do it the desire is gone (like Calc.). Pensive, sits absorbed in thought. Brooding; sits and meditates over imaginary misfortune.
- Inclines to weep; during perspiration. Awakes screaming ().
- Cold in general > and often requires to be uncovered, but sensitive to both cold and heat.
- Sudden effects: Lively and suddenly becomes sad. Loses memory and power of thought suddenly, after lunch. Desire to walk, but as soon as begins to walk, the desire to walk is suddenly gone.
- Easy sweat, < physical exertion (all Calcareas).
- Vertigo: > open air; < walking fast; with deathly nausea. Epileptic V.
- Headache: Inveterate; chronic; periodic; catarrhal; < looking up; dinner; walking; in the morning on waking; mental exertion; > cold air. Sick headaches; with feeling as if eyes were sunken. Headache comes on after bath; better again after washing face; < in open air, becoming cold but is better by cool air. Headache during menses. Tearing around whole head and nausea, when rising from lying, > while lying. Pulsating with nearly all the headaches.
- Crusta lactea. Yellow purulent scabs. Scalp bleeds when scratched. Dandruff. Hair falls out.
- Ophthalmia with purulent, thick, yellow discharge; neonatorum (cp. Arg-n.). Canthi cracked; itching and smarting.
- Eyes red like raw beef. Red, itching tarsi. Retinitis.
- Ulceration of cornea; inflammation; hazy, swollen (streamy), ulcer in spots; cornea smoky, pus in anterior chamber, sensation as from a foreign body, has to tie up eye, after injury from a splinter.
- Cataract. Hemiopia; sees only half of the objects. Flickering. Diplopia. Amaurosis; transient. Amblyopia. Eyes protrude.
- Inflammation from a slap. Otitis media. Chronic otorrhoea. Post scarlatinal otorrhoea. Mastoiditis. Deafness with pus or bloody pus from middle ear. Pus thick, bloody, offensive, yellow. Dark brown earwax.
- Pimples around ear. Sore and enlarged parotids.
- Tinnitus: Buzzing; humming; ringing; roaring; singing.
- Catarrhs: Most inveterate catarrhs of the nose. Coryza with thick, yellow, greenish, lumpy, purulent, bloody, offensive discharge. During day right nostril discharges watery, left dry; during night discharge through left nostril. Chronic sinusitis. Influenza and sneezing, > in open air. PN discharge, morning and evening.
- Edges of nostrils sore, excoriated. Quivering at root of nose extending to cheek.
- Epistaxis: Scrofulous (Sil.); after washing face; < in the morning. Babies, suffering from bloody nasal discharge.
- Exceedingly pale, sickly appearance (workers in plaster). Face flushes with heat. Cold sweat on the face.
- Lips crack. Blisters like sores on lower lip. Herpetic eruptions, pustules, ulcers.
- Acne of all varieties esp. pustulosum; vulgaris; at age of puberty, discharging blood or oily transparent matter.
- Parotitis; parotids hypertrophied. Soreness of right parotid gland; > walking in open air.
- Rheumatic toothache. Teeth either sensitive to cold water or amelioration therefrom after an initial aggravation; < night; during sleep.
- Gumboils, pyorrhea. Gums bleed while brushing teeth. Inside of gums swollen and sore.
- Roof of mouth sore while eating. Ulceration of mouth, tongue and throat.
- Tongue: Coated yellow at base; clay colored coating; a layer of dried clay; flabby; fissured; inflamed, threatened suppuration. Slightly puckered sensation at base of tongue.
- Taste: Soapy, sour, acrid, bitter, metallic, sweetish.
- Tonsillitis: Suppurating stage; hypertrophied, ulcerated, sore throat with discharge of yellow matter. Pain < swallowing.
- Diphtheria of soft palate. Fauces are much swollen. It is a good antidote to diphtheria-anti-toxin, esp. in laryngeal cases.
- Scarlatinal sore throat. Choking (Hep.). Gnawing. Pharynx red and sore.
- Appetite: Ravenous or wanting. Thirst extreme. Heartburn. Waterbrash. Pain extending to liver. Indigestion on least provocation. Nausea with vertigo or headache after dinner.
- Vomiting: With headache; sour; bile.
- Desires: Fruit, tea, claret (red wine), green sour vegetables, stimulants, salt things, sweets, acids, citrous fruits, cold drinks, refreshing things; wine (sweet-sour like Ant-c.).
- Aversions: Coffee, meat, milk.
- Pain in hepatic region or right side of pelvis (or left) followed by weakness, nausea and pain in stomach; after mercurial poisoning.
- Typhlitis, pain in right side of pelvis; tends to counteract and cure the ulceration if any in the intestines and prevents disintegration of these tissues. Abscess in intestines.
- Colic: > bending double; deflation; with rumbling; with diarrhea. Burning, cramping, cutting, dragging, drawing, soreness, stitching in abdomen.
- Abdomen becomes cold and distended after eating.
- Flatulence: After bath; at night, after dinner.
- Painful abscesses about the anus, in cases of fistula. Moisture about the anus causing itching and smarting. Discharge of pus or bloody pus.
- Constipation: Inveterate; with hectic fever; with dyspnea.
- Diarrhoea: Painless after change of weather, after eating, from maple sugar, < morning (Sulph.); evening; in children. Dysentery. Chronic dysenteriform enteritis.
- Stools: Coated white. Dry, hard, knotty, large. Lienteric. Purulent. Mushy. Green.
- Moisture about anus causing smarting and itching. Hemorrhoids; bleeding. Prolapsus ani. Fistulae.
- Red urine with hectic fever. Pus in urine. Pyelitis. High blood sugar.
- Chronic scarlatinal nephritis; also acute. Catarrh of bladder, copious yellow pus.
- Nephralgia, severe pain followed by pus in the urine which weakens one rapidly. Urethra burns during urination.
- Nocturnal enuresis.
- Gonorrhea in the suppurative stage, gleety yellow discharge. Chronic syphilis, suppurating stage, chancres. Suppurating prostatic abscess. Spermatorrhea with impotency.
- Drawing pain in testes (esp. left).
- Itching high up in the vagina; after menses. Excoriating vulva. Inflammation of labia with suppuration. Extravasation of pus within the pelvic tissue unconfined by any pyogenic membrane. Ulceration of the genitals and os uteri.
- Menses: Early or late, long lasting, with headache, twitching, great weakness.
- Leucorrhea: Acrid, thick, white, yellow, bloody, purulent, < before menses; with itching.
- Mastitis; suppuration.
- Obstinate hoarseness (Arg-m.). Difficult respiration < evening and night, laryngeal catarrh. Short breath.
- Asthma or cough with hectic fever. Asthma, phthisis, bronchitis, catarrh with thick lumpy or white, yellow or purulent mucus. Phthisis; cavity discharging. Copious pus mixed with blood, night sweats. Dyspnea < afternoon, night, lying, ascending and walking, > cool air; wheezing; rattling.
- Recurrent croup; as a preventive; < heat (Pulford), morning; with much choking. Sensation as if the bronchial tubes pumped hot water.
- Pneumonia or bronchitis, third stage; badly treated or complicated; with dryness. Empyema; pus forming in lungs or pleural cavities. Rattling of mucus in chest. Pleurisy.
- Bronchial catarrh after suppressed foot sweat. Post-nasal catarrh and bronchitis after tonsillectomy. Catarrh of larynx and trachea. “Purulent exudations in serous sacs” (Pulford).
- Cough: As from dust with purulent and sanious sputa and choking. Loose cough; child throws off covers and wants cool room. Severe cough with malaise and pain in chest, green stools and herpetic eruptions; < evening, night; > cold air (unlike Hep.). Hacking; racking the whole body; spasmodic; hoarse.
- Expectoration: Bloody, greenish, thick, viscid, yellow, lumpy, pus like.
- Orgasm of blood. Oppression in morning. Palpitation < night, ascending. Flushes of heat and pulsations. Fluttering.
- Pain from anterior part of the heart down to thighs.
- Pericarditis, suppurative stage. H.B.P. with suppurative conditions in warm blooded patients.
- Lame back from straining muscles, evening and night. Chronic pain in coccyx. Backache < night, during menses, coughing, rising, motion. Weak feeling in the lumbar region. Pain in lower part of back.
- Curvature of the spine, difficult to sit up.
- Spina bifida.
- Cold, offensive foot sweat (Sil.). Sweat of the hands and feet.
- Weariness of legs after walking. Lameness of left knee < morning, when stooping or walking fast. Stiff legs (right), shoulder.
- Burning and itching in soles of feet; with hectic fever. Stinging in corns. Tender legs, toes. Itching of podagra.
- Hip joint disease; suppurative stage.
- Whitlow, when suppuration begins; fingers stiff, swollen, pain.
- Pain in lower extremities < stretching, standing. Stitches in knee. Gouty joints. Awkward, clumsy fingers, from gouty finger joints. Rheumatic swelling of the knees and legs. Rheumatism < motion; prefers cool room (between cold and hot).
- Cramps in calves.
- Sleepless from thoughts, before midnight and after 3 am. Sleepy during day, wakeful at night (Arg-n.). Internal lassitude after siesta.
- Dreams: Anxious and frightful. Dreamed as if convulsions from fright, awakes screaming. Starts from sleep as if wanting air.
- Abscesses running indefinitely without showing tendency to heal (Carb-v.); oozing yellow pus; recurrent; > heat. Cuts, wounds, burns, bruises, discharge pus, do not heal rapidly. Suppurating variola. Suppurating chilblains. Suppurating prickly heat, rash. Points of suppuration in lesion. Summer boils.
- Ulcers malignant, deep. Violent indurated; of glands tumefaction of boils; to abort boils (scabies).
- Pimples on scalp, under hair; bleeding when scratched. White spots.
- Skin cracked in winter, esp. of hands after washing. Itching > after scratching. Eczema. Dry eczema in children. Eczema with greenish brownish or yellowish scabs, follows pimples. Impetiginous eczema. Exfoliation. Grayish, lead coloured skin.
- Scarlet rash; scarlatina, with excessive swelling of soft palate.
- Lupus vulgaris. Excessive granulations, painful etc. Myxoedema.
- Quotidian or tertian fever.
- Septic anaemia, pus slackening or reabsorbing. Hectic fever, with costiveness, with red urine, with cough and burning in soles. Dry heat at night.
- Intermittent fever; coating at the back of tongue, resembling dry clay. Chronic intermittents with afternoon chill, beginning in feet. Evening fever with chilliness. Chill begins in feet. Averse to cover when cold.
- Easy sweat, < exertion, coughing. Sad during sweat, also weeping (, Ph-ac.). Nightly sweat.
- Typhoid, diarrhea of purulent or muco-purulent type.
- A chimera of Calc. body and Sulph. mind.
- A mild Lach. A tubercular Calc., but with high self-esteem (due to Sulph. element).
- Nearest analogue: Arg-n. (Both are anxious, apprehensive, dull, obstinate, whimsical and sad; both are worse in warm air, room, wet weather; better open air, cold bathing; yellow, acrid, purulent discharges; desire for cold drinks, sweets; both are thirsty. But Arg-n. is more confused, more incoordinated and more tense than Calc-s.).
- Similar: , Ars-i., Bar-s., Calc., Calc-sil., Carb-v., Gunp., Hippoz., Lach., Lyc. Merc., Sulph.
- Closer to Sulph. and than Calc. (and Sil.).
- Trios: Arg-n.-Calc-s.-Sulph. Arg-n.-Calc-s.-Syph. Arg-n.-Calc-s.-Med.
- Compatible after: Kali-m., Nat-s., Sil.
- Compare: , in suppurations, wounds; Hep., in suppurative processes, but it acts with more intensity and has more sensitivity; Calc-s. acts better in later stages of pus formation; Kali-m., in milk crust and other skin affections, swollen cheek, croup, dysentery; Nat-s., in post-scarlatinal dropsy; Sil., in hard or suppurating glands, ulcers of cornea, tonsillitis, mastitis, frostbites; Tub., in suppurations, glandular affections, empyema, obstipation, tabes mesenterica.
- Counterpart: Sil. (both are suppurative, slow and deep-acting; both have offensive foot sweat; Calc-s. is hot, Sil. chilly; pus of Calc-s. thick, yellow, lumpy, of Sil. thin and watery; Sil. sharper and keenly sensitive; both need appreciation, but if not received Calc-s. can become jealous and malicious, Sil. maintains being refined.)