Hi Everyone! Last month when we launched this ezine after all the hard-work, we had no idea how it will be recieved by the homeopathic community and others who have subscribed to it. The work seems to have paid off as the zine has been recieved very well by you – the lovers and learners of homeopathy. While most of you were quite happy with our work, there was a class of people who thought our effort to spread homeopathyis outrageous and they must do everything possible to stop us. Well! I am talking about the skeptics! This whole article is dedicated to the valiant efforts (so what if the efforts failed!) of these primates who have jumped high and low all this month to grab our attention.Last month our poll question was ‘How would you rate the Hpathy Ezine?’. A group of skeptics from a magician’s site (randi? who??) thought it would be fun to spoil the poll by voting ‘poor’. They wanted to prove that homeopathy does not work. Well! Well! Is it so easy to put us down? The diaper-kids need to learn to wash themselves first before they try to wash homeopathy into an abyss. Hey! I am not talking about washing their bottoms, it is the upper story that needs cleansing! The diaper-kids did lot of discussions at randi.org forums (wanna vote?? thread in scientific forum) which gave us a glimpse into their personality. Since their efforts were not of much consequence to us, instead of fighting them, I thought it would be interesting to use their posts to understand their psyche better and to find out probable homeopathy remedies for this bunch of primates based on their actions, motives and language.
Given below are some posts made by these people and our homeopathic analysis of the same. The names of the posters have been modified as we respect their privacy. You can check the real stuff at the randi forums.
I would like to know how many of the “poor” votes are from this forum…mine is….
Well, poor was already winning when I got there. It was at six then. So add 3 from us! They should get more poor on this logic:quote: ——————————————————————————– For me homeopathy is a science and it is a science because it has a philosophy of its own ——————————————————————————– Science isn’t philosophy (#$# (#@^[email protected] #( $&@^[email protected] dammit!!
***supresses childish temper tantrum by taking deep breaths*** ***Hyperventilates*** Augh!!
If you really wanna be childish, go back and vote Poor again….and again…and again….
I voted “Poor”, and if I get the chance, I’m going to vote “Poor” again.
Heh. Thanks for helping me get in my first good deed for the year
You naughty people they will know it is a fix when more people vote than get the newsletter!
With all the horrendously ridiculous claims on the site, the newletter only allows it to spread among individuals. Thus, folks like me get a hold of it and go on to vote. It only exposes to them how horrible their site is for once.
if you really want to have fun you could join their team https://hpathy.com/register
I see only the positive feedback is on the page. Someone go back and post some factual feedback
Now that they require feedback with the vote, I voted again, but apparently my vote didn’t increase the total, which is 30 as I write this. I wonder how long they will let my comment stand before censoring it.quote: ——————————————————————————– xouper – 1/4/2004I voted “poor” because homeopathy is pseudo-scientific nonsense. Anyone who thinks they can distinguish between any homeopathic “remedy” (of their choice) and plain water is elligible to apply for the Million Dollar challange at http://www.randi.org./
“Poor” is still winning with 58 votes, or 60%.
What happened?! 30+ votes for excellent?! I’ve been voting “poor” everyday at a rate of at least a couple times a day now, I suggest the rest of yall do the same
Oh look, all you have to do is disable cookies, then get familiar with your refresh button and you can vote an infinite amount of times. *Evil laugher* Up to 142 now… Woohee!!!
Mother &*$%er! I had voted well over 1000 times… Those rotten bastards!
Ok then plan B there are an awful lot of computers at my uni….
What? I started this thread, and they won’t even chastise me for it. Darn it Must think of something to get their attention… Don’t know what though
Originally posted by jen BTW have you seen this board?http://www.abchomeopathy.com/forums.php ——————————————————————————– Do you think it’s time for an attack there as well? It’s just as full of delusional nonsense as the others.wolf.
Some of the themes that are clearly visible from these (and many more similar) posts are -1. Destructiveness – The motive of these people was to destroy and sabotage the poll results and destroy the credibility of the site too.
2. Restlessness – Well! It is obvious these kids have nothing worthwihile to do. Still they can not just sit idle. They need something to do, even if its something improper or inappropriate.
3. Desire for Attention – They have tried SOO hard to get our attention . Well! Some consolation for them. They finally got our attention as homeopaths. We are analysing their case! What more can they ask for?? They must be in seventh heaven by now. Pure bliss for them!
4. Delusion, right he is – These people think that people who posted positive comments at the poll are ignorant of what is right and wrong and they should be told what is right as they are the only one who know about the truth!
5. Contradiction, aggravates – This can be used in place of the 4th, considering that positive views about homeopathy and the zine were contrary to their beliefs and prejudices. This aggravted them and so they set out to even out the things.
6. Abusive / Cursing – Well! They used all sort of adjectives for the homeopathic community like bullshit, gay, mo***r fu**ers and so on. Very reflective of their upbringing!
**********************************Now time for some of the comments the same people left at our monthly poll.
I voted “poor” because homeopathy is pseudo-scientific nonsense. Anyone who thinks they can distinguish between any homeopathic “remedy” (of their choice) and plain water is elligible to apply for the Million Dollar challange at http://www.randi.org.
I voted “poor” because I’ve seldom seen such a pile of delusional non-science in my entire life. How anyone can possibly believe that these content-free “remedies” are having any effect at all is quite beyond me. Most things get better on their own, and for the ones that don’t oblige you have the “aggravation” excuse handy. This lot is on a par with reading “Harry Potter” and convincing yourself that broomsticks can fly. Why not try the real world for a change?
For a bunch of wannabee medics playing at being doctor, you guys certainly take yourselves seriously. It would be funny – if only you’d stick to playing with dolls. The fact that you presume to meddle with real people and con them into believing that your shaken-up water has magic powers makes it tragic. Get a life.
I voted poor, simpley because homeopathy has never been shown to work, not once in the history of the world. But I suspect you knew this before you started peddling your wares. You are either ignorant or lying. Not much of a choice is it?
Homeopathic remedies: Nothing says “I [heart] my kids” quite like deliberate medical negligence. This website encourages and condones medical negligence and malpractice. Homeopathy is not complimentary to mainstream medicine and certainly <b>not</b> an alternative to mainstream medicine. I’ll vote poor accordingly.
Primarily I voted for poor because I consider homeopathy to be a dangerous, psudeo-scientific belief.
In 200 years of homeopathy there’s been ZERO proof of it working. It’s bunk, bs, lies. (oh, and huge cash for those marketing it) Ignorance and wishful thinking easily part cash from wallets, as homeopathy promoters know quite well.
Scientific research? That’s laughable. Beyond substance, beyond proof? That is as far from science as one can get. This junk site is sullying the net with more misinformation. Thanks a lot. I can’t believe anyone takes this site seriously.
A few hours ago, well over 1000 people had voted for “poor”. What gives?
Homeopathic medicide, if you can call it that, is not an effective way to treat ailments and is based on frivolous claims.
6. Idiocy – The theme, very clearly visible from their comments at the poll is that these people can not even comprehend even a simple question. (Did I use the term primates somewhere?). We asked a very simple question ‘How would you rate the first issue of this ezine?”. We never asked ‘Do you like homeopathy?’ or ‘Do you think homeopathy is scientific?’ Yet these people kept answering the question that was never asked. They can’t even comprehend a simple question written in plain English and they calim they are trying to comprehend what homeopathy is! No doubt, they will never be able to comprehend that! Their inability to comprehend a simple question shows that they are nothing but a bunch of idiots . Hence this theme …
Taking these rubrics, I repertorized the case from Synthesis repertory and the following list of medicines came at the top –
Is it mererly a coincidence that most of the remedies that came up in this analysis are derived from sources which are poisonous in nature? Poisons for people who spew poison!
Before I rap up this analysis, I would like to thank these people for all their efforts. Their efforts failed (we deleted all the bogus votes and comments that were not related to the poll) but we learned a lot from them. They gave us a chance to write this wonderful analysis (forgive me if you think I am patting myself). They also helped us correct many technical glitches. They helped us in adding a new feature at our polls. They have also helped in making the site so much more popular. I thank them for coming here …more visitors, more pageviews, more ad revenue…..more to make homeopathy more popular. Thanks for helping us!
About the author
Dr. Manish Bhatia
- BHMS, BCA, M.Sc Homeopathy (UK), CICH (Greece) - Asociate Professor, Organon & Homeopathic Philosophy, SKH Medical College, Jaipur - Founder Director of Hpathy.com - Editor, Homeopathy 4 Everyone - Member, Advisory Board, Homeopathic Links - Co-author - Homeopathy and Mental Health Care: Integrative Practice, Principles and Research - Author - Lectures on Organon of Medicine vol 1 & 2. CCH Approved. (English, German, Bulgarian) - Awardee - Raja Pajwan Dev Award for Excellence in the Field of Medicine; APJ Abdul Kalam Award for Excellence in Homeopathy Education - Visit Dr. Bhatia's website https://www.doctorbhatia.com/