Foot Pain is the discomfort along with pain in the foot which affects mainly joints, cartilage, tendons and muscles and nerves, can caused due to various medical conditions related to bone, muscles and other extrinsic factor.
Common Causes of foot pain
- Arthritis – which include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout.
- Injury – can damage bones, ligament and cartilage that ultimately lead to severe foot pain.
- Infection – Any kind of infection to the joint may result in foot pain.
- Overuse – Overuse of joint can cause bursitis which ultimately leads to intense joint pain.
- Sprain- Due to sudden unnatural movements causes pain as well as restriction of movement of the joint and causes pain while movement.
- Dislocation – Also causes severe joint pain.
- Metabolic cause – Osteomalacia
- Malignancy – Myeloma, metastatic carcinoma
- Flat foot – may also cause foot pain.
- Complete physical examination – Include inspection of affected joint, reflex, movement, stiffness, tenderness, swelling and other important findings.
- Microscopic examination – Of joint fluid.
- X-ray foot – To diagnose fracture, osteoarthritis
- MRI – to detect ligament rupture and other conditions
- MANTOUX TEST – To diagnose tuberculosis
- Blood tests – Include complete blood count, coagulation test, and blood culture.
- Urine test – Mainly for blood, sugar and protein etc.
Treatment of Foot Pain
Homeopathic treatment of foot pain – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat heel pain but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for foot pain treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the pain. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some important remedies are given below for the treatment of foot pain:
- Bryonia Alba. – Pain with inflammation which, is aggravated by movement and relieved by moderate pressure and rest.
- Ledum pal. – Excellent remedy for gout and rheumatism which is of ascending nature, better by cold application.
- Rhus Tox. – Pain aggravated by first movement, damp weather and better by continuous motion.
- Guaiacum. – Gouty abscesses of joints, pain relieved by cold bath and cold application.
- Calcaria Carb. – Arthritic swelling, foot pain especially in fleshy people which is worse by cold.
- Benzoic acid – Gouty concretions of joints, foot pain due to abnormal deposition of uric acid
- Hypericum. – Remarkable remedy for rheumatoid arthritis has outstanding action over nerve pain.
- Arnica. – Foot pain especially after an injury with sore and bruised feeling.
Allopathic treatment – include analgesics, NSAIDs, muscular relaxants. Surgery is applicable in some specific cases.
Other effective modes of treatment for foot pain – include Physiotherapy, Ayurveda, Acupuncture, massage, yoga, and acupressure.
PHYTO is all rounder remedy for generalized pains for gout arthritic patients esp when glandular swelling with induration is present,key symptoms is right throat sore plus pain extend to ear,wants cool things,urine albuminous.in females fear shock hits breasts see inflammation before fissures form like graphite and tumors fatty or induration develop.offensive breath heavy coated tongue,RS Faris quotes specific for boils.old era homeopaths said boils point out to very low vital force picric acid fits in.using Phyto for fat reduction by low potency is not homeopathy.