Knee joint is the most complicated weight bearing joint of the body which provides movements to us like walking, sitting, standing, running and possesses structures like bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons nerves that supplies the sensation.
Causes of knee pain
- Arthritis – which include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout.
- Injury – As it is the most responsible joint of the body so there is increase risk of injury which, can damage to bone, ligament and cartilage that ultimately leads to severe knee pain.
- Infection – Any kind of infection to the knee joint may result in knee pain.
- Obesity and advanced age – Both are very common cause of knee pain.
- Overuse – Overuse of knee joint can cause bursitis which ultimately leads to intense knee pain.
- Sprain- Due to sudden unnatural movements causes pain as well as restriction of movement of the knee joint.
- Dislocation of the knee cap – Also causes severe knee pain.
- Other causes – Include Sarcoidosis, Sickle cell anemia, Lupus, Kawasaki disease, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, bone tumors, bleeding disorders etc.
General symptoms associated with knee pain
- Disability to move knee properly
Diagnosis of Knee Pain
- Complete physical examination – Include inspection of knee while walking, standing, lying, examination of abdomen tenderness which is usually present in Ulcerative colitis and Chron’s disease.
- Microscopic examination – Of joint fluid or synovial fluid
- X-ray knee – To diagnose fracture, osteoarthritis
- MRI – to detect ligament rupture and other conditions
- MANTOUX TEST – To diagnose tuberculosis
- Blood tests – Include complete blood count, coagulation test, and blood culture.
- Urine test – Mainly for blood, sugar and protein, uric acid for the diagnosis of Gout
Treatment of Knee Pain
Homeopathic treatment – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homoeopathy is not only to remove the symptom of knee pain but to cure its underlying cause. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for knee pain that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of the knee pain. For individualized remedy selection and homeopathy treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.
- Bryonia Alba. – Pain with inflammation which, is aggravated by movement and relieved by moderate pressure and rest.
- Ledum pal. – Excellent remedy for gout and rheumatism which is of ascending nature, better by cold application.
- Rhus Tox. – Pain aggravated by first movement, damp weather and better by continuous motion.
- Colchicum – pain worse by motion touch or mental effort, better by warmth and rest.
- Kalmia lot. – descending type of pain, pain with palpitation of heart and slow pulse
- Guaiacum. – Gouty abscesses of joints, pain relieved by cold bath and cold application.
- Calcaria Carb. – Arthritic swelling, knee pain especially in fleshy people which is worse by cold.
- Benzoic acid – gouty concretions of joints, knee pain due to abnormal deposition of uric acid
- Hypericum. – Remarkable remedy for rheumatoid arthritis, knee contracted, has outstanding action over nerve pain.
- Lachesis. – Rheumatic pain in knee along with swelling.
- Silicea. – knee pain as if too tightly bound
Allopathic treatment – Include analgesics, NSAIDs, muscular relaxants. Surgery is applicable in cases of lumber disc herniation, degeneration disc disease etc.
Other effective modes of treatment – Include Physiotherapy, Acupuncture, massage, yoga, acupressure.
Knee Pain Cases Cured with Homeopathic Medicine
Chronic Knee Pain in a Woman of 38 – by Chanda Shah
A Case of Painful Knee – by Santanu Maity
A Case of Painful and Inflamed Knees – by William Griggs
A Case of Infective Arthritis (Tubercular Arthritis) – by Dr.S. Arul Manickam
i m having pain in right knee .There is no swelling , no redness . But when i start moving there is lots of pain and it persists while moving (there is no increase or decrease while walking) I has fracture of TIBIA 20 YRS BACK ( perhaps muscles are weak ) . Can you advise?
It is best you see a homeopath in person who can examine your knee and take a full history. Please contact the homeopathy organization in your country for a referral. You can find that organization here:
pain in knee and migrate in one joint to other joint,swelling in knee agg after bath For 2 to 3 hour and evening.
Very useful information
I am suffering from Arthritis from two years and using Allopathy medicines.I am getting only temporary relief. Please suggest me permanent relief
Urtica urens mother tincture 20 drops in a half cup of water thrice in a day for 3 months
Dr a a rahman
sir i have right knee pain with cracking both knee which is the best homeo medicine you suggest me or some combination medicine which completely finished my knee pain and cracking of both knees plz.
My father suffering from joint pain from last 2 yrs…. they all type of medicine allopathic, aayurvedic, homeopathic…….. and are not getting completely releif..
now this time they take homeopathic medicine ..him pain are increase …please sujjest me what we have to do for complete releif……….
I m of 55 years. For last 15 years suffering from knee pain. When I walk it feels . Relax while sit .stiffness and jerk in morning when get up.
When apply knee cap feels relax in walking.
Mainly in left knee. But of late started in left also.
Hello Hapathy team,
I am a student plz suggest me the remedy of my problem given below.
Last year i participated in 30 km merathone race. I am good athlete since i was in school but before merathone race i
Dint practicing and run and run and run.. .. .. After the race i am back to my home and massage my legs to olive oil… .. After 15 days my pain is less and after some weeks i am good but i go to walking after one monthpain back and after ayear its continue… Now the pain is increasing to left leg left side of knee and heel also some time jurk type feeling in thi… Plz suggest me some remedy.. … not fracture, what is it sprain, spain or nerv damage. Knee pain worse when siting or go to toilet.. …
How is it Now ?? I feel the same like you coz i do running etc..
How are you doing now ?
Knee pain relief tablet in homeopathic i am effective with knee pain from last 8 years tell me best and last medicine in homeopathic thanks for advice
Extreme pain in knee uric acid level 0.7 doc diagnose its lubricating fluid depositing in my knee thats the cause of my acute knee pain unable to proper walk but walk is necessary. doc prescribe me allopurinol,deflozocart, tramadol,diclofenac glucasmaine etc.but truly there is no relief after 45 days i have no relief is there any hope to heal. i m toatly depressed to all of this. Is there any hope to rid this diseases
My MRI REPORT
1-Mind knee joint effusion
2-Grade 2 changes in posterior horn of medial meniscus.
3-Grade1 changes in ACL with mild marginal irregularity & undulation of out lines.
4-Mild altered signal intensity in MCL.
PLEASE give me medicine. and how it use . I suffer this problem last 2 year.
Because of an accident my right knee got PLC problem as per MRI report. I am walking as usual. But whenever I am sitting I feels pain. Is this PLC problem curable. If yes please suggest good hpathy clinic near Salem,tamilnadu.