Abstract: Dr. Amit Kumar Vyas shares a case of bronchial asthma in a man of 57. The simillimum resulted in removal of symptoms within three weeks.
This is a case of a 57-year old male patient who presented with complaints of pain on swallowing and dyspnoea for the past month. There was pain on swallowing while eating. Breathlessness occurs when talking a lot at work. He said that due to ulcers in his mouth, he was barely able to open his mouth for the last month. The patient had been on allopathic treatment since then, but without effect. The physician advised that he consult a surgeon. The patient was very scared, so he was not ready for any pathological investigation. After some convincing, he agreed to get a complete blood count.
NAME OF PATIENT: – R.P. / MALE – 57 YEARS
REGISTRATION DATE: – 22/09/2018
- PAIN ON SWALLOWING FOR ONE MONTH 2. DYSPNOEA.
- LOSS OF APPETITE. 4. SLEEPLESSNESS.
- RESTLESSNESS. 6. GENERAL DEBILITY.
- HEIGHT:- 5’10”
- WEIGHT:- 53 KG
- SKIN/NAIL:- DARK GRAY/ WHITISH
- BLOOD PRESSURE: 100/65 MM/HG
- PULSE RATE: 68/MINUTE
- R/R: 18/MINUTE
- SpO2: -96
- ANGER: DEPENDS ON CONDITIONS, IRRITABLE
- SORROW- DESPAIR FROM ILLNESS
- HATE: FOR LIES.
- FEAR: FEAR OF DEATH
- LOVE: TO ALL FAMILY MEMBERS, ESPECIALLY DAUGHTER
- TENSION/STRESS: NO.
SYMPTOMS RELATED TO A PARTICULAR ORGAN:-
- HEAD: MEDIUM/ HEADACHE OCASSIONALLY.
- FACE: OVAL/ PITTED.
- EYES/VISION: NORMAL/ MAY BE DOUBLE.
- NOSE: – NASAL POLYP/ BLEEDS IN WINTER.
- MOUTH/TONGUE: MOUTH ULCER OCASSIONALLY/ WHITE COATED/ BITTER TASTE
- TEETH/ GUMS: LOOSE/ PYROHHOEA
- RESPIRATORY SYSTEM- COLD & COUGH, EAVY FEELS in CHEST, PAIN AT BOTH SIDES OF RIBS, HOARSENESS OF VOICE, RATTLING IN THROAT.
- DIGESTIVE SYSTEM: UPSET, GASTRITIS, BITTER TASTE OF MOUTH, TIGHTNESS FEELS OF STOMACH AFTER MEAL.
- EXCRETORY SYSTEM: CONSTIPATION, HEAVINESS FEELS ANYTIME IN RECTUM, FLATULENCE AFTER MEALS.
- REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM: N.A.D.
- LOCOMOTOR SYSTEM: N.A.D.
- APPETITE: LESS/ 2 CHAPATIS/TIME.
- THIRST: 6-8 GLASSES/DAY.
- STOOL: NOTHING SPECIFIC.
- URINE: NO ODOR/ PALE YELLOW OR NO COLOUR/ 4-5 TIMES A DAY/ 1 TIME AT NIGHT
- PERSPIRATION – SEASONAL/ NO STAIN/NO ODOR
- SLEEP/ DREAM: ADEQUATE/ NORMAL, FORGETS
- DESIRE: PANEER, SALTY
- STOMACH AFTER MEAL: DISTENDED.
AGGRAVATION: FROM COLD APPLICATION, OPEN WIND, IN SUNSTROKE, IN WINTER, EVENING AND NIGHT
AMELIORATION: FROM HOT APPLICATION, CLOSED ROOMS, RIDING IN BUS, TRAIN ETC..
SELF: The patient became ill with tuberculosis in 1997 and recovered with allopathic treatment.
Father: died from a heart attack.
Mother: alive. Suffering from diabetes mellitus.
INVESTIGATION:- After the C.B.C. revealed that Eosinophilia is more than 3, which can be a cause of allergic asthma.
Fig 1 CBC before treatment
- Mind- fear of death
- Mind- Impatience
- Mind-Irritability, children in
- Mind- Hopeless
- Eyes –Double vision
- Generals-Food and Drinks – Salty – Desire
- Generals- Mental Depression.
Rx: NITRICUM ACIDUM-1M /1DOSE 22/09/2018 – SAC LAC-30/ 4 PILLS AT 3 TIMES A DAY for 15 days.
10/10/2018 : All symptoms are reduced: Pain during swallowing, no distended abdomen, no complaint of breathlessness.
Rx: SAC LAC-30/ 4 PILLS AT 3 TIMES A DAY. 15 DAYS
FIGURE 2:- C.B.C. REPORT AFTER TREATMENT
FIGURE 3:- C.B.C. REPORT AFTER TREATMENT
Discussion: From the repertorization, Nitricum Acidum came up as a prominent remedy. Considering his mental generals and his physical generals Nitricun Acidum was selected as the simillimum.
Conclusion : This case affirms the effectiveness of a single dose and the reportorial approach on the basis of the totality of symptoms. In the first report of this case, the Eosinophilia was greater than 3, which further indicated allergic asthma. After 15 days of administration of Nitricum acidum 1M, the Eosinophilia number was reduced to 3 and the patient was feeling better than before. After this, I only gave Sac-Lac 30 to the patient and after 15 days he again got a C.B.C. in which the number of Eocinophilia was only 2 and the patient was completely fine.
Boericke Materia Medica and Repertory
Thank you for this nicely worked case. Excellent analysis.
Dr Amit ji I want to consult you how I can contect you my mobile no 9879512656