Homoeopathy saves a lifetime of suffering in a baby girl of two years. This child was a case of congenital rickets. There were deformities in both the wrists, spine and both the ankles of the child. Since birth these aforementioned joints were bulged convexly and had poor mineralization. The child had a waddling gait and used to fall down while walking.
Whenever we come across such congenital deformities in a child, we have to rely solely on the intrauterine history of the baby and the conflicts perceived subconsciously by the mother along with her thought process that eventually led to the disease development.
Intrauterine History and Birth Events
- Excessive vomiting throughout the pregnancy in the mother so much so that she lost 2 kg weight in pregnancy, instead of gaining (syphilis instead of sycosis)
- Amniotic sac burst (syphilis)
- Premature birth by caesarean section (precocity; wanting to come out fast; the baby was highly intelligent)
- Breech presentation in the child (syphilis)
The woman worked as a house helper. Her husband developed some pathology with his leg which she could not explain to me. The surgeon said that he might need amputation.
This woman already had two children and was skeptical about delivering this child. She feared that people would talk about her behind her back and consider her as irresponsible to go for another child, considering their poor financial status and a far advancing disease in her husband.
She had a persistent thought that if the husband had to get an amputation, who will look after her and the children, and how will she manage the family. She said that she was confused whether to have a child or not and subconsciously she was reluctant.
Relatives tried to forcefully convince her to get an abortion, but she was not bold enough to take the step forward. There was persistent anxiety regarding the future. She feared criticism of entire village if she delivered another child. She said she had no family member for her support.
On being asked about what she thought about the entire scenario, she remarked that it was humiliating for her as she was being looked at as a criminal by the entire village. She used to cry for hours at a stretch.
Physical Concomitants (in baby)
- Sweat on scalp which was offensive
- Chilly and thirsty child
- Tendency to coldness of limbs
- Desire to be carried by the mother as she was afraid of falling down while walking
- Very thin and sparse hair
- Frontal bossing of skull
Calcarea Carb 50m, unit dose
- In 6 months the deformities have been restored to normalcy from above downwards (spine – wrist – ankle as per anatomical position). (photo below)
- Patient no longer has waddling gait and runs around efficiently now.
- Vomiting – disgust/ repulsion/ anger
- Bones deformed – lack of security and protection and feeling of humiliation leading to deformity (de-form)
- Difficulty in moving ahead of mother manifested in the walk of the child.
- Breech – “I do not want to come out” – don’t want to see mother being criticized
- Thin and sparse hair – weak and timid constitution
- Frontal bossing – hallmark of syphilis – signal given by confused mother to child to have a better intellect to be able to take decisions.
Disease is a defense mechanism!
The pathology has a mind!
The physiognomy is self-explanatory!
Conflicts leave an impression which is lasting and transcends generations!
Before and after treatment pictures below: