A man aged 69, came to me with elevated levels of glucose both in blood and urine and diagnosed as diabetic. Complaints included frequency of urination, increased appetite, numbness of both limbs, difficulty in walking, slight tremor in hands.
- SLEEP – NORMAL
- DREAMS OF SNAKES
- THERMAL –HOT WANTS FANNING FROM DISTANCE
- APPETITE – EXCESSIVE
- DESIRE – HOT FOOD, PICKLES, SALTY FOOD
- URINE – FREQUENT AT NIGHT
- STOOL –NORMAL
- CRAVES OPEN AIR – AGGR HEAT
- SWEAT – PROFUSE ALL OVER THE BODY
- SELF REPROACH
- AVERSION TO TIGHT CLOTHES AT WAIST AND NECK
- WEARS JEWELS
- STRONG BELIEF IN DOCTOR
- PREFERS OPEN AIR
- JEALOUS OF OTHERS
- SHORT TEMPERED
- EASILY IRRITABLE
- SHARP MEMORY
Hypotension at the age of 48. History of arthritis in left shoulder for which he took siddha treatment.
Married since 1975. His mother had diabetes and died at 89 years.His father had bronchial asthma.He died at age 50 with acute respiratory arrest. The patient has two sisters and one brother. One sister, an epileptic, died at the age of 74. His brother is diabetic.
His father died when he was studying the first year so he discontinued for few months. His elder sister’s husband died due to cancer within 6 months of marriage while she was three months pregnant. All his siblings are younger than he, so he took the family burden which made him depressed. He started going to work at an early age.
CHOICE OF REMEDY:
- LACHESIS 200 X Single dose & placebo for 3 months
- Again LACHESIS 1 M repeated single dose with placebofor 4 months
- LACHESIS 0/1 Given weekly once for 2 months with placebo
At the second visit his blood glucose level was normal. Dreams absent, no burning sensation in skin, appetite normal, urine frequency at night absent, irritability absent, self-reproach absent, short temper reduced, less talkative.
Lab Tests Below: