To read last month’s full case quiz. Visit – Dr. Amarsinha Nikam’s Chronic Case Quiz for Feb 2013 – Crohn’s Disease
- Totality :
– A/F Post-Operative/mortification/chagrin.
– > Open air.
– > Lying on back.
– > Flatus.
– < Sour.
– Emaciation severe.
– Hardness of abdomen.
– Glandular affections chronic.
– Forsaken feeling.
– Contradiction intolerance of.
– Anger sudden violent.
– Talk indisposition to.
- Remedy Selected : MERC SOL 30.
- Response :
After seeing her critical condition, I concluded that she needed to be hospitalized.
On regular follow-up and observation, I found that her pain in abdomen, legs and painful backache gradually vanished.
Within a week, she got a sigh of relief from backache and abdominal pain. Hard stomach gradually turned smoother.
Also her bloatedness and rumbling of abdomen gradually disappeared. Previously she was unable to have rice in her meal as it was worsening her abdominal complaints. Now, she can have a complete diet.
Her pain during menses also decreased.
Her appetite increased and within a month she rapidly put on weight as per previously. Dusky color turned to shiny skin tone. Her Hb% moved from 7 to 11 gm%
Along with physical status, her mental status has improved a lot, seen from her behavior, i.e. now she loves to communicate and mingle with people.
- D/D :
It is very close to Merc Sol in this case as it covers the forsaken feeling, the mortification. But a few points differentiate :
1. It does not cover A/F operatives.
2. Aggressive nature of patient.
3. Positivity of patient which is extreme.
4. Also Arsenic does not have > Flatus.
5. Arsenic is Chilly. Patient is Ambithermal.
6. Glandular complaints are well covered by Mercurius
It does not cover :
1. A/F operative.
2. Doesn’t have > flatus.
3. Lachesis has more of sexual aspects.
4. Patient is ambithermal and Lachesis is hot.
5. Glandular C/o are covered well by Mercurius
want to ask something sir
here she is very headstrong but you have not choosen it at all.
Many other modalities are there. What about those like >rubbing back
Hello I am curious also about the way you selected the modalities taken in the case, since there are so many!
My question is similar to Dr Mukesh. Could you please explain how you choose which symptoms or modalities to select before you prescribe. This is my sincere question. Thanks