This must seem really strange to a lot of people. How does one go about being a smart patient? Why should one need to be a smart patient, first of all? Well, it’s really all about being careful. If you start any treatment that involves changes within your body on a physical and emotional/mental level, it would be but wise to keep track of what remedies you take and what changes occur as a result. This could save you a lot of time and trouble later.
A few simple rules are all that you need to follow.
- Keep a written as well as saved (what if the computer crashes?) record of each remedy you take during treatment.
- Include the remedy name and the potency e.g. Arsenicum album 30C etc.
- The date you take the first dose of any remedy.
- How do you feel after taking the first dose? (This is very important, I’m sure your homeopath would agree with this).
- The number of doses you take of the same remedy and the date you take each dose on.
- What emotional/mental changes do you notice? E.g.happy, sad, angry, irritable, vengeful, relaxed, peaceful, cheerful etc.
- What physical changes do you notice? E.g. diarrhea, stomach pains, fever, swellings, skin rash, sleep pattern etc
- How do you feel overall/in general?
- Each remedy in the order of prescription should be noted in the same way, with remedy name, potency, dosage, date, response etc. E.g. 03.06.2004, Arsenicum album 30C, single dose, 03.07.2004, China 30C,single dose etc etc.
A FEW POINTS YOU MIGHT WISH TO KNOW:
- As Homeopathic cure progresses in a reverse order, with your most recent symptoms treated first, problems will appear in the order of the most recent treated first and the very earliest treated last.E.g.if you had asthma first and later you got a fever, then you had diarrhea, according to the law of cure, first your diarrhea will appear, then your fever will return and finally your asthma, all to be treated according to the homeopathic order/law of cure.
- Patience is essential in chronic cases, it took you a long time to get to this stage and it will also take some time to get you back into a state of optimum health.
- Do not hesitate to ask your homeopath to explain again if you misunderstand something regarding the remedy or dosage instructions etc.
- Honesty and accuracy are extremely important while telling your homeopath about yourself, if you really want to improve your overall mental and physical health.
- Do not be afraid to tell your homeopath the whole truth, you are requesting treatment not judgment or a sentencing for crimes.
- Your Homeopath will use any and all information you give to him/her only in order to treat you. Inaccurate or misleading information means that the remedy will not be accurate either.
- Do not mislead your Homeopath as to what you experience during the course of treatment, if you don’t feel better at all, mention it clearly.
- As the progress of cure moves along, old problems and illnesses will appear again, perhaps in the same form, perhaps in another, usually they do not take long to resolve themselves, perhaps a few days or weeks (?) only at the most.
- If you develop new problems that you never had before or if you feel continuously ill, it is important that you inform your homeopath ASAP and let him/her know precisely what you are experiencing.
- Your new symptoms may be simply an old illness returning in a disguised form or may be due to the remedy not being a perfect match (proving). Discuss it with your homeopath and request an evaluation of the new symptoms.
- Do not take any other medication during the course of treatment or you may end up undoing or even ruining the entire treatment progress unless it is a true emergency/you have already discussed it with your homeopath.
- Do not consult two homeopaths at the same time unless you sincerely wish to confuse everything and harm yourself.
- If you are uncomfortable to tell your homeopath the truth about how you feel, perhaps then, you should consider the chances of your possibly actually benefiting from the treatment.
- If you are uncomfortable to ask your homeopath about something that is bothering you in your treatment progress, then again you may end up concealing information crucial to your treatment progress.
- Your homeopath is a trained professional and will tell you what you should or should not do to spoil the treatment.
- Do not attempt to self prescribe. He who treats himself has a fool for a doctor.
Always keep a record, if possible, during your treatment, ensure that the homeopath you choose is professionally qualified, be honest with your homeopath regarding your problems, ask questions if you don’t understand something and don’t hesitate to discuss your worries with him/her.
Hpathy.com wishes you health always.