Cold, Heat of summer
Winter. Damp weather (Rhus-t.)
AM: 3,4,7,11,12, PM
Lying; rest. Beginning of motion
Rays: X-ray burns
Warmth; of exercise, bath, bed, wraps
Open air (pains)
Pressure of hard bed
|CHILLY. RHEUMATIC. GOUTY. SKINY. DEBILITATED.
DRY. FLATULENT. CACHECTIC. CANCEROUS. SYCO-SYPHILITIC.
PAINS everywhere. Slowly coming and going. Shifting. Severe sore achings with stiffness and restlessness (and Rhus-t. modalities) and tiredness. Burnings, as if afire. Dull hard aches; post- influenzal (Stro-c.).
- Joints: Crack; chronic (rheumatoid; deforming) arthritis; gout. Neuralgias (neuritic, neuro-myositic), sudden like electric shock, quickly coming and going. All pains < during thunderstorms, > in open air (Kali-i.), warmth of exercise.
- Late appearance of symptoms
- Great general prostration and languor. So tired and weak that one must seek bed and rest. Weakness; neurasthenia; senile
- Inflammatory and trophic changes; skin, joints. Atony and a (precancerous) cachectic state, pains, itching- burning.
- Metabolism disrupted, of all tissues and functions, from surface to deep interior. From: irritation/congestion to ulceration/cancer; itching to tissue breakdown; simple indigestion to malignant dysentery; fissure to fistula; neuralgia to gout, exostosis, necrosis. Carries forward the work of and aids that of Carc., X-ray, all metabolic helpers.
- Numbness; < stretching part; of legs on crossing them; of great toes.
- Growths like corns, bunions, callosities, warts, caruncles, sebaceous cysts (wens, also Rad-i.). Naevi. Moles. Epithelioma. Lupus. Lymphangioma.
- Glands: Goitre.
- Irritable, excited, apprehensive, restless, but soon depressed. A feeling of being betrayed.
- Will not stay alone in dark. Stupefaction.
- Vertigo; with occipital pain, palpitation; < rising; > in open air, lying, eating.
- Fullness, heaviness, dull ache; or lightness with nausea and sinking in epigastrium. Pains mostly frontal, supraorbital, and occipital, with ambi-modalities; with lumbago. Menstrual headache (pressing); with dysmenorrhea (bursting).
- Pain sore, sticking, burning, stinging, > and closing. Photophobia. Conjunctivitis, with dry feeling, lachrymation. Scleritis (Cimic.). Trachoma. Muscular heaviness, paresis, ptosis; eyestrain.
- Nightly tickling in. Tinnitus of rushing water, > lying on face, with palpitation, tachycardia. Pain (sticking, throbbing).
- Congestion, dryness, itching, (cold) burning; > in open air. Greenish catarrh. Epistaxis; family h/o cancer.
- Skin cracked, irritated, ulcerated (Rhus-v. antidotal). Violent, sudden trifacial neuralgias. Aching at angle of (right) lower jaw. Twitching and burning lips; lower lip drawn and stiff. Swollen (with anasarca) with oozing from cracks and albuminuria. Flushed.
- Various eruptions, erythema, pimples, acne (which, says Clarke, is a benign expression of cancer). Little epitheliomas (“grave-yard flowers”) on face of the moribund.
- Toothache; feel elongated. Gumboils.
- Dryness in.
- Tongue: Sore; feels swollen (hindering speech), thick, (bluish) white; pricking (like needles) at tip; dysgeusia (impairment of taste).
- Dryness (also mouth; like Nux-m.) and rawness. Sore throat, pain (sticking) extending to ears, cold (peppery) burning, > cold drinks. Congestive choking. Globus.
- Averse to: Sweets, ice-cream, meat, bacon, tobacco. Likes sour, cold drink, fat, pork.
- Sensations: Sinking, empty, warmth; nausea < walking > eating. Pain; > belching.
- Dyspepsia; alternating with earache, or with chest pain.
- Colic, distress, cramps, alternating with ear or chest pains. > bending double, deflation, stool. Rumbling, great flatulence, pain over McBurney’s point or in sigmoid flexure (S.F. syndrome: colon dyspepsia). Lameness in groins.
- Ulcer; duodenal.
- Flatus hot, foul. Constipation; stool dry, hard, burns; alternates with diarrhea. Diarrhea; after radiation; during eating. Fissures. Hemorrhoids. Itching. Prolapse.
- Nephritis: Interstitial; catarrhal; rheumatic (with lumbago); with heart affection (High BP).
- (Irritation. Calculus).
- Dysuria; during day; then erections. Enuresis. Diabetes; in elderly ladies.
- Urine: Albuminous; granular and hyaline casts; solids, especially chlorides (lowered chloride threshold); sediment clayey or brick dust.
- Desire waning; incompetence. Emissions, with dreams. Itching. Psoriasis. Eczema.
- Leucorrhoea white, cheesy.
- Menses: Delayed, irregular; flow more at night; with headache, pain over pubes, bearing down pains, or dragging down pain in back.
- Climacteric flushes.
- Mammae: Sore (right), > rubbing hard; infra-mammary pain (left like ).
- Dry hacking spasmodic (whooping) cough, < smoking, night, lying down; > open air, exertion, eating (cp. ). Constriction (and in heart), with air hunger. Pressing pain < lying on painful (left) side, turning in bed; with headache, dyspnea; after radio- active treatment of pterygium.
- Precordial pains, > open air, walking. High B.P. Low B.P. Anemia. Arteritis. Arteriosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. Atheroma. Leucocytosis. Leucopenia.
- Lameness, weakness, cervical, interscapular, lumbo-sacral, < stooping, > stretching, erecting. Lumbosacral pains, gnawing, ascending, with headache, flatulence; < touch; > stool (continued) motion, exertion, heat, pressure. Pains: cervical; interscapular; subscapular (left); uterine reflex.
- Heaviness. Stiffness: in damp weather; < during rest (unlike Rhus-t.), or on first getting up. Dull tired pains; sore bruised (like Rhus-t.); sharp pains. Frozen shoulder, lame or painful, < motion, > hanging arm down (like Phos., unlike Rhus-t.), cold (also opposite modalities).
- Sciatica; when inflammatory symptoms of gout appear. Gonalgia, coxaliga, < beginning of motion, > cold, exercise, continued motion. Petalliar pain < motion, > rest. Ascending painful, but of ankle descending. Great toes ache, burn or go numb.
- Acute and chronic arthritis due to focal lesions; pains severe, sharp, darting; crack on moving; parts and as if brittle, would break if moved; (tension in).
- Nails: Degeneration.
- Sleepiness, with lethargy. Restless sleep; awakes panting, with pounding of heart (flatulence), tired.
- Dreams: Fire, urinating, of activity.
- All skin diseases with cracks, oozings, scales etc., > hot application of water (Rhus-t., Rhus-v.). Burning. Irritable itching, > hot bath, scratching.
- Liver spots. Various eruptions. Furfuraceous. Eczema, rubrum; < winter, scaly eruptions, cracks in palms (with lymph node involvement, (Rad-i.). Erythema. Acne; rosacea. Boils. Psoriasis. Prurigo (itching papules). Edematous rash (after Belladonna plaster). Branny scales. Scabs. Acne. Abscesses; diabetic. Ulcers; rodent; necrosing. Urticaria. Erysipelas. Noevi. Sclerodema. Seborrhea. Melanoma. Epithelioma.
- Internal chilliness and cold feeling; shivering and biliousness.
- Heat sans sweat; with flatulence and loose stools; body feels burning as if a fire, with sharp needle-picks.
- Sweat: Offensive, of foot.
- Antidotes:, Anac., Cad-met., Cad-i., Cad-s., Nux-m. (dry mouth), Phos., Ph-ac., Rhus-t., Rhus-v., Stront-c., Tell., X-ray.
- Antidote to:
- Compatible / follow well: Arg-n., Cad-s., Calc., Carc., Kali- i., (Med.), Phos., Rhus-t., Rhus-v., Sep., Uran., X-ray.
- Similar: (its ulcer is like that from Radium), Ars., Carbn-s., Caust., Cimic., Culx (is a close-up of Rad-m.), Carc., Phos., Rhus-r., Streptoc., Stront-c., Tell., Uran., X-ray.
- Is a counterpart of
- Is an intensified Rhus-t., Sep.
- Rhus-t.- Phos.-Rad-met. a good trio.
- Rad-, Syph. and X-ray are the chief intercurrents for syphilitic miasm.
the musculoskeletal symptoms of this remedy so resembles some forms of fibromyalgia that I wonder if anyone has used it in such cases?