Reprinted courtesy Allyson McQuinn from: https://arcanum.ca/
I guess if you have an original take on life, or something about you is original, you don’t have to study people who came before you. You don’t have to mimic anybody. You just have a gut feeling inside, an instinct that tells you what’s right for you, and you can’t do it in any other way.
What’s up with your gut instincts?
Have you had that sensation when you just knew that something was right or maybe wrong? Do you know why?
In the beginning of you, there was a mommy and daddy cell. They did a whole meiosis and mitosis dance together creating a third cell. You were adorable! On those cells a bunch of other cells were spontaneously spawned. It was a miracle. No truly, it was. No joke.
That initial cell that was born lives in the lumbar ganglia. Wikipedia will tell you that:
“The lumbar ganglia are paravertebral ganglia. The lumbar portion of the sympathetic trunk typically has 4 lumbar ganglia. The lumbar splanchnic nerves arise from the ganglia here, and contribute sympathetic efferent fibers to the nearby plexuses. The first two lumbar ganglia have both white and gray rami communicantes.”
Now that you’ve completely glazed over, you may wonder, what does this have to do with my overall health and well-being? Well, your immune system lives also in that general vicinity.
Immune system is actually code for “sense of self” or your autonomy. So as long as your digestion is pristine and your thoughts and feelings are stellar, you have little worries of suffering a leaky gut.
What the heck is leaky gut?
So what is a leaky gut? Well it is defined as “intestinal permeability.” It’s when the small intestine becomes damaged so that toxic waste, bacteria, parasites leak through the thinning wall to infect the bloodstream.
The main cause of most leaky guts is from bacterial, fungal, viral or parasitic infections. After such an infection, the symptoms can come on quite quickly. You may feel fine one day and then suddenly not. You can suddenly feel like your digestion has gone completely awry.
It’s important to note that leaky gut syndrome can begin after visiting a third world country. For example, partiers just home from Mexico can wonder why they still feel the ill effects of a hangover weeks later when the tequila shots have long since stopped.
Over time, symptoms may start to snowball. And while some Allopathic physicians may say that it’s all in your head or that they have no clue how to help you. Others will put you on NSAIDs, antacids, or antibiotics.
It will often feel as if you, and they, are chasing symptoms around your body as you may be starting to be plagued by headaches, heartburn and reflux as well as joint pain.
In some cases, you may be turned off food altogether in order to avoid suffering the symptoms. You may be wracking your mind to correlate certain foods or medications that are exacerbating your symptoms. Be sure to avoid sugar, unfermented bread and pasteurized dairy (also casein can aggravate) as they can fuel yeast and unwanted bacteria in the gut.
The biggest concern is that a fungal infection can spread like a wildfire to other systems and organs, including the digestive tract, and can lead to more complicated issues. You’ll also want to avoid wheat containing gluten given that they’re known to produce aggravating lectin protein, causing further inflammation.
It has also been proven that if you can avoid, or at least minimize, cortisol raising activities that cause you stress, you can also help minimize leaky gut symptoms.
Performance anxiety, lack of sleep, living in a hostile environment, hating your work or having a sick child or travelling in high traffic to and from work can be contributing factors in provoking your suffering. Studies on stressed out rats also showed increases in their gut permeability.
What are some of the symptoms of leaky gut?
Foggy feeling/lack of clarity
Lack of Memory
Intolerances to certain foods
Feelings of depression
Can you test to see if you have leaky gut?
If you are inclined, you can ask for a test for a leaky gut with a Lactulose/Mannitol test. There is also the intestinal antigenic permeability screen. It’s important to note that both tests can indicate both false positive and negative results.
At Arcanum Wholistic Clinic we can very quickly verify and treat your digestive challenges, no matter their origin based on your symptoms alone. You know when your gastrointestinal tract has been compromised.
How do I fix my leaky gut without causing myself harm?
- Start with essential oils like Peppermint, Myrrh, or Frankincense.
- Take a probiotic daily (in the beginning even double up on your probiotics for a week or two).
- Do a Parasite Cleanse (We recommend ParaGone by Renew Life. .
- Slippery Elm is an herb with natural anti-inflammatory properties for the intestinal lining. Avoid if you can’t digest starchy vegetables or fruits or you’re on a Paleo, Keto, Atkins, Gaps or FODMAP diet.
- Digestive enzymes can be very supportive to the microvilli in your intestines improving digestion and mobility of foodstuffs as they travel your gut’s highway. Enzymes are helpful in metabolizing proteins, fats and complex carbohydrates (avoid simple carbs always). Also digestive enzyme also help by rebuilding the damaged microvilli in your intestinal tract.
- Licorice Root is an adaptogenic herb that helps to support the mucosal lining of the intestines. It also can help alleviate fatigue. If you suffer high blood pressure, avoid licorice root.
- Bone Broth nourishes the intestinal lining while healing the inflammation caused by intestinal permeability. Bone broths have helpful prebiotics and probiotics that have been proven to improve gut health. Also, you get a boost of excellent nutrients, protein and minerals with bone broth.
- L-glutamine is a highly beneficial amino acid known to repair cells in the digestive tract. It helps to seal the lacerated areas where undigested food may be leaking into the bloodstream. This amino acid also helps to reduce inflammation, allowing the body time and space to step up and heal naturally. We use hemp seeds as a rich source of amino acids in easy to digest smoothies.
- Aloe Vera comes from the juice of this high desert succulent. Most folks know its use with minor burns, but taken internally and it heals the digestive mucosa in the lining of the gut. Again, it’s not recommended if you can’t digest starchy vegetables or fruits or you’re on a Paleo, Keto, Atkins, Gaps or FODMAP diet.
What if these solutions don’t work for me?
If these approaches aren’t working for you, we can help. These approaches are known as ‘sustentive’, which means they’re healative on the law of opposites. If your gut permeability is anchored to a chronic disease coming down your family line, these modalities will fall short.
The Genetic Miasm, Sycosis (see here) will most often be the root cause that was triggered by an ill-fated run in with parasites or exposure to debilitating toxicity. It will require homeopathic law, like cures like, to be eradicated outright.
Also, there is an emotional component to leaky gut syndrome. It’s about anger that can no longer be contained – it’s leaking out beyond its usual boundaries, infecting the vehicle for your sense of autonomy and immune function, the blood. You can read more here about the homeopathic root cause for anger and victimization.
Remember, you’re an individual. You deserve to be treated as such. One size in principled medicine does not fit all. Take charge of your health and seek out those that have a solid understanding of regimen, curative medicine and therapeutic education. Look for a practitioner’s success stories or testimonials of efficacy on their website.
Be prepared to up your sthenic index by flooding your system with healthy micronutrients. Remember the resolution does not lie in putting a band-aid on an elephant’s hiney. Recall what it took you to get into this matrix and it will take some effort on your behalf to extricate yourself from your suffering. Trust your gut instinct on this.
It would be nicer if this article is complemented with a leaky gut case (proven with medically accepted testing) and then cured with homeopathy. I appreciate the offered solutions but they are not as individualized as homeopathy. Also, I am looking for answer in these kind of articles to this question: How much of the cure supposed to be on purely homeopathty and how much of it is actually sleep, supplement, diet change etc.