Are you looking for a homeopathic cure for candidiasis? This article discusses the homeopathy treatment of candidiasis along with the best homeopathic medicine for candidiasis treatment.
Candidiasis is a fungal infection caused by candida yeast.
It commonly occurs as a superficial infection or on mucous membranes in the mouth, skin or vagina. Candida is the name given to a specific condition when there is an over growth of the yeast Candida albicans in the body. This yeast is normally present in the body as a healthy microorganism of the intestinal tract, but when conditions are out of balance overgrowth can occur.
Candida is ranked as one of the most common groups of organisms that cause nosocomial infections (hospital born infections). Commonly affect immune-compromised individuals diagnosed with serious diseases such as HIV and cancer or individuals that have recently undergone surgery, a transplant or are in the Intensive Care Unit. These patients predominantly develop oropharyngeal or thrush candidiasis, which can lead to malnutrition and interfere with the absorption of medication.
How people get infected with Candida?
The source of infection is the flora in patient’s own body, in oropharyngeal and genital areas, commonly producing oropharyngeal or vaginal candidiasis or ‘thrush’.
Candida albicans is usually a member of the normal flora of the mouth, vaginal tract, intestines, and other organs of the body. When excessive antibiotic treatment is rendered, the bacteria in the mouth, or intestines, disappear and Candida albicans overgrows the region. A similar condition occurs in the vagina, when antibiotics kill the lactobacilli that normally produce acid in this organ. Without the acid, the Candida albicans flourishes. Candida albicans can also cause infection of the skin called onchyosis. People whose hands are in water for extended periods of time may be susceptible to this disease.
Other methods of transmission include mother to infant through childbirth, people-to-people acquired infections that most commonly occur in hospital settings where immunocompromised patients acquire the yeast from healthcare workers.
Men can become infected after having sex with a woman that has an existing vaginal yeast infection. Parts of the body that are commonly infected include the skin, genitals, throat, mouth, and blood.
Candidiasis Homeopathy Treatment & Homeopathic Remedies
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of homeopathic medicine for candidiasis is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach.
This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathic medicine for candidiasis is not only to treat acne but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility.
As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several homeopathy remedies are available for candidiasis treatment are there, which can be selected on the basis of cause, sensations and modalities of the complaints.
For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.
Homeopathy is very well known for its effectiveness in skin-disorders. There are many homeopathic medicines which have been used clinically against fungal diseases and candida. The following homeopathic medicines may help in the treatment of Candida:
- Hydrastis can
- Calcaea carb
- Zincum met
- Lilium tig
- Stannum met
- Natrum mur
- Arsenic album
- Apis mellifica
- Homeopathic medicine for candidiasis having White fungous like growth in mouth.
- Mouth hot and tender; ulcers bleed on touch and eating.
- Painful gumboil.
- Crying when nursing.
- Taste bitter.
- Vaginal discharge likes white of eggs, with sensation as if warm water was flowing.
- Menses too soon, profuse, with griping, nausea and pain in stomach extending into small of back.
- Extreme anxiety, especially from motions which have a downward direction, rocking, being carried downstairs, laid down.
- Anxious expression of face during the downward motions
- Homeopathic medicine for candidiasis having Excoriating, burning, and offensive discharges.
- Rapid decomposition of fluids and secretions, and burning pains.
- Corrosive itching within vulva, burning and swelling of labia; violent itching between labia and thighs.
- Violent itching of vulva and vagina, worse when urinating.
- Dreams of urinating.
- Enuresis in the first part of night.
- Must hurry when desire comes to urinate.
- Burning and soreness in external and internal parts.
- Vanishing of thought; stupid, forgetful, peevish, irritable.
- Music causes weeping and palpitation.
- Homeopathic medicine for candidiasis having discharge may be anywhere,-throat, stomach, uterus, urethra,-it is always characterized by thick, yellowish, ropy mucous discharge.
- Peppery taste in mouth.
- Tongue white, swollen, large, flabby, slimy; shows imprint of teeth; as if scalded; stomatitis.
- Ulceration of tongue, fissures toward the edges.
- Erosion and excoriation of cervix.
- Vaginal discharge, worse after menses.
- acrid and corroding, shreddy, tenacious discharge. Menorrhagia.
- Itching in vulva, with profuse discharge.
- Diarrhoea before and during menses.
- Menses too early and profuse; worse at night.
- Voluptuous sensation.
- Vaginal discharge acrid, thick, tough, greenish follows menses.
- Cannot bear tight clothing around waist.
- Traces of menses between menses.
- Awkward; everything falls from hands. Sensitive.
- Vaginal discharge after menses.
- Corrosive, offensive discharge.
- Menses profuse, bright.
- Inflammation of ovaries and uterus after abortion.
- Pain from sacrum to pubis, and from below upwards shooting up the vagina.
- Uterine pains extend into thighs.
- Discharge of blood between periods, with sexual excitement
- Music is intolerable, produces nervousness.
- Burning in ovarian region.
- Vaginal discharge acrid, burning, offensive, thin.
- Menses too profuse and too soon.
- Pain as from red-hot wires; worse least exertion; causes great fatigue; better in warm room.
- Menses too profuse and too soon
- Stitching pain in pelvis extending down the thigh
- Great anguish and restlessness. Changes place continually.
- Fears, of death, of being left alone.
- Great fear, with cold sweat. Thinks it useless to take medicine
- Vaginal discharge, pale, thin, profuse, white, excoriating, with great weakness in back.
- Menses too late, with constipation; pale and scanty, with tearing pain in Hoarseness, coryza, cough, sweats and morning sickness during menstruation.
- Aversion to meat. Sweets nauseate.
- Hot drinks disagree. Nausea and vomiting after each meal.
- Morning sickness during menstruation.
- Pressure in stomach. Burning in stomach, causing hunger.
- Eructation difficult.
What is Candida?
Candida albicans is opportunistic pathogenic yeast that is a common member of the human gut flora. The species of Candida most commonly involved in human disease is C. albicans. Other species increasingly implicated are C. tropicalis, C. glabrata and C. krusei.
It does not proliferate outside the human body. It is detected in the gastrointestinal tract and mouth in 40-60% of healthy adults.
May become pathogenic in immunocompromised individuals under a variety of conditions.
SYMPTOMS of Candida Infection
The most common symptoms are in the gastro – intestinal tract: constipation, diarrhea, colitis, abdominal pain, gas, distension, and heart burn. But Candida can migrate from the rectal area in to the vagina causing a yeast infection there (vaginitis). They can also travel through the bloodstream, generating a wide range of problems from athlete’s foot to ringworm, jock itch, diaper rash, muscle and joint pain, canker sores, sore throat, tingling sensations, kidney and bladder infections, depression, and even diabetes. These symptoms can co-exist with allergies or aggravate them.
Candida causes a wide spectrum of clinical illness as follows:
- Cutaneous candidiasis: Candida species in immunocompetent host can cause infection of any parts of the body exposed to environment. It causes infection of the nail, rectum, and other skin folds.
- Mucocutaneous candidiasis: Mucocutaneous candidiasis is the most common manifestation of candidiasis, but usually does not cause any mortality. However, in patients with advanced immunodeficiency due to HIV infection, Candida species can cause severe oropharyngeal and esophageal candidiasis that result in poor intake of food, leading to malnutrition, wasting and early death. These patients are also usually resistant to treatment with antifungal therapy.
- Chronic Mucocutaneous candiasis – this is a heterogeneous group of clinical syndromes. This syndrome is characterized by chronic, treatment resistant, superficial Candida infection of the skin, nails, and oropharynx. However, these patients do not show any evidence of disseminated candidiasis.
- Systemic candidiasis: these include endocarditis, gastrointestinal tract candidiasis, respiratory tract candidiasis, genitourinary candidiasis, and hepatosplenic candidiasis. Systemic candidiasis may be candidemia and disseminated candidiasis. In patients with AIDS, oral thrush and Candida esophagitis is are common but not candidemia and disseminated candidiasis. Candida endophathalmitis and central nervous infection due to Candida species are other complications of Candida infection.
- Disseminated candidiasis – this is increasingly becoming a problem in patients with serious hematologic malignancies that are treated with immunosuppressive drugs for over a long period of time; severe neutrpenia in these patients is the most important predisposing condition for life threatening infection caused by Candida. In these conditions, Candida usually spreads through the circulation and involves many organs such as lungs, spleen, kidney, liver, heart, and brain.
commom sites of infections are discussed here-
Candida Infection in women (Candidal Vulvovaginitis)
Vaginal yeast infection, also known as candida vulvovaginitis and vaginal thrush, is excessive growth of yeast in the vagina. Symptoms include-
- Vaginal itching, which may be severe.
- Burning with urination
- White and thick vaginal discharge that typically does not smell bad
- Painful intercourse
- Redness around the vagina
- Symptoms often worsen just before menses.
The signs of vulvovaginal inflammation include
- Erythema (redness) of the vagina and vulva,
- Vaginal fissuring (cracked skin),
- Edema (swelling from a build-up of fluid),
- Sores in the surrounding area.
Cause of Candida Vulvovaginitis
- Medications – Broad-spectrum antibiotics kill healthy bacteria in the vagina, such as Lactobacillus, which helps to limit yeast colonization.
- Pregnancy – In pregnancy, higher levels of estrogen make a woman more likely to develop a yeast infection. During pregnancy, the Candida fungus is more common, and recurrent infection is also more likely.
- Lifestyle – high frequency of intercourse increases the risk of infection.
- Diseases – Those with poorly controlled diabetes have increased rates of infection.The risk of developing thrush is also increased when there is poor immunity for example, in condition, such as HIV or AIDS, or receiving chemotherapy.
Oral candidiasis, also known as oral thrush, is candidiasis that occurs in the mouth. That is, oral candidiasis is a yeast/fungal infection of Candida species on the mucous membranes of the mouth.
Symptoms include –
- Most types of oral candidiasis are painless, but a burning sensation may occur in some cases.
- Sensation like the mouth has been scalded with a hot liquid.
- A metallic, acidic, salty or bitter taste in the mouth.
- Sometimes the patient describes the raised “blisters.”
- Occasionally there can be difficulty in swallowing, which indicates that the candidiasis involves the oropharynx or the esophagus as well as the mouth.
- The trachea and the larynx may also be involved where there is hoarseness of the voice with infection.
Causes of Oral Candidiasis
- Immunodeficiency –A state of reduced function of the immune system, which can be caused by medical conditions or treatments. Candida species can be acquired from the mother’s vaginal canal during birth as newborn infants do not have developed immune system. Other forms of immunodeficiency which may cause oral candidiasis include HIV/AIDS, active cancer and treatment, chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- Corticosteroid medications – Corticosteroid may contribute to the appearance of oral candidiasis, as they cause suppression of immune function either systemically or on a local/mucosal level, depending on the route of administration. Topically administered corticosteroids in the mouth may take the form of mouthwashes, dissolving lozenges or mucosal gels; sometimes being used to treat various forms of stomatitis. Systemic corticosteroids may also result in candidiasis.
- Dry mouth – Both the quantity and quality of saliva are important oral defenses against candida. Decreased salivary flow rate or a change in the composition of saliva collectively termed salivary hypofunction or hyposalivation is an important predisposing factor.
- Malnutrition – Malnutrition, whether by malabsorption, or poor diet, especially deficiencies of iron, vitamin B12, folic acid can predispose to oral candidiasis.
- Smoking – Smoking, especially heavy smoking, is an important predisposing factor but the reasons for this relationship are unknown.
- Antibiotics – Broad-spectrum antibiotics (e.g. tetracycline) eliminate the competing bacteria and disrupt the normally balanced ecology of oral microorganisms, which can cause antibiotic-induced candidiasis.
Diet management for Candida yeast infection
- Avoid yeast products in bread, bakery products, nutritional yeast and yeast spreads.
- Limit fruits like grapes and dried fruits, which contain natural yeast on their skins
- Check supplements such as B- vitamins and selenium, which can contain yeast
- Avoid all types of sugar, including honey, molasses and maple sugar, artificial sugars and candy
- Products contains hidden sugar such as chocolate, canned foods, fruit drinks, juices, ketch up, mustered, processed foods, fruit drinks, juices, supplements, drugs, and alcoholic drinks should be avoided.
- Avoid mushrooms, cheese, pickles, vinegar, beer and wine.
Diagnosis of the Candida infection
To diagnose the Candida overgrowth prior to laboratory testes complete history should be taken from the patient. Laboratory tests for Candida mainly include:
- Stool examination to diagnose the presence of Candida.
- Candida immune complex test – to detect the antibiotics which fight against Candida in the body, Presence of these antibiotics indicate the Candida overgrowth
- Candida culture may be done if the patient has oral thrush.
Conventional Treatment for Candidiasis
Candidiasis is treated with antifungal medications
- Amphotericin b
Oral candidiasis usually responds to topical treatments; otherwise, systemic antifungal medication may be needed for oral infections.
Vaginal yeast infections are typically treated with topical antifungal agents.
Candida – WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
If you have recurrent Candida infections you should have a glucose tolerance test done to rule out diabetes mellitus.
If you are a diabetic and are frequently diagnosed with yeast infections your blood glucose levels are probably not in the normal range. You should contact your family doctor and have your treatment plan reevaluated.
The above information about homeopathy treatment of candidiasis is only for information purpose. Please consult a professional homeopath before taking any homeopathic medicine for candidiasis .
Having CFIDS and FMS, I have been on a candida protocol for several months trying to get some relief. I had gotten some improvement, but not as much as I had hoped. I decided to try the Lady Soma Candida Cleanse a week ago and immediately felt the difference! Many of the aches and pains have decreased dramatically and I have tons more energy. I am amazed!
It used to be such a chore to do the dishes or take a shower even, but now I find myself cooking, cleaning, and wanting to go outside for a walk as well. My mental clarity has improved significantly too. I had heard about Lady Soma from friends, but have tried so many other things over the years, and never got around to it. Decided to give it a try, looked it up on google and found Lady Soma and all these reviews. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from Candida along with a good anti-fungal.