Name: Mrs. N
Age : 23years
Sex : Female
- Diagnosed case of macular dystrophy since childhood
- Macular dystrophy* associated with nystagmus, photosensitivity, difficulty in understanding color differences, itching sensation, headache, and pointed pain with 2-3 seconds blackout.
- Wheezing when weeps excessively with dizziness since childhood
Prior to the present complaints she had been treated for diarrhea for 6 months and was admitted in hospital.
Taking allopathic medicines once every two days since for the last year. (Rx from ophthalmologist)
Taking Ayurvedic treatment for macular dystrophy for the last 3years and feeling somewhat better.
History of similar complaints from her younger brother.
Father’s History: Rheumatic Heart Disease
Maternal sister died of heart disease.
Grandmother’s husband: History of blindness
Grandfather: Post marital contact (multiple)
Pursuing her study and also preparing for getting a job.
Brought up-in middle income family environment
National champion in yoga since 10 years
MIND-very sensitive and always thinks about her parents.
WEEPING EASILY +++++
DESIRE TO BE ALONE DUE TO HER COMPLAINTS
Desire for sour and salt++++
Stool: Twice daily
Menses: regular 7days per 28 days once with pain
Repertory Used: Repertory of Homoeopathy Materia Medica (Jt Kent)
Rubrics Selected For Repertorization:
- MIND-weeping-telling of her sickness, when
- MIND: sensitive ,oversensitive
- MIND: company-aversion to
- VISION: dim-bright light
- EYE: photophobia
- HEAD -pain –standing, when
- MOUTH -Saliva-watery
- STOMACH-desires-sours-acids etc.
Rx: PULSATILLA 0/1 PRESCRIBED-26.11.2015
- 9TH December 2015 – Headache heavy extending to neck and cervical region. Likes company. Feels everything bright after being for a long time in the dark.
-anger increased a lot since a week
-stool increased quantity
-apthous ulcer 1week
-MIND: as if keeps on going – ‘keeps on thinking’
– New: aggravation evening, itching aggravation
on forearm 5 days.
Rx: Stop medicine
- 16th Dec 2015 – Much deep sleep, unable to wake up in morning (after stopping medicines) Mild headache – No apthae – Increased sweat aggravation while talking or slight walking – Anxiety- Periods delayed 2 days — painless (as if no menses)
Rx : Wait
- 23rd Dec 2015 Mild headache
Rx : SYPHILINUM 0/1
6th Feb 2015 No sign of headache – Constipation – Itching
9th Feb 2016 – Sensitive to light -Much itching –medial canthi – -Increased hairfall ++++
Rx : PENICILLIN 200 – (Procaine ) HAPCO pills (2-0-2) x 2wks – AF /morning
21st Feb 2016 Sensitivity reduced -No itching – Completely okay.
(Macular dystrophy is a genetic disorder that causes vision loss. It leads to damage of cells in an area of the retina called the macula. The macula is responsible for central vision.)
Edited by – Dr. Rina Dedhiya