About 15 – 20 % of my hypothyroidism cases have resolved withmagnesium salts, especially Mag c, Mag Mur and Mag sulph,
Here is an outline of a case I learned a lot from:
Case of a 29 year old, MBBS Doctor, TSH – 18 .30 mdl
- Taking Eltroxine for past 4 months without any change
- Describes her main complaints as:
- Weakness, tiredness, hair fall, neck swelling
- Unable to do things, constant state of anxiety
- Sleeplessness, “Sometimes I don’t understand why I don’t get sleep”
- Effects of the problem?
- I am worried, as even after taking Eltroxine, it’s not changing
- I am also putting on weight.
- Describe your state of mind.
- I am a normal person, more of neutral person
- I don’t remain worried or anxious about anything
- I am calm, non-reactive
- I am more of an introvert and I take things easy.
- Like everyone else, I do get angry
- But one thing, I am not able to express myself.I am almost not able to share what I feel.
- Nothing as such
- Just worried about losing my loved ones
- Sometimes I don’t get sleep
- But too many dreams. I don’t remember
- Can you tell me your recurrent dreams?
- Very often I get dreams of my grandmother. I am trying to talk to her but I am unable to. Often, I am meeting my relatives
- During My college days I would get many dreams. I am in my journey
- I am seeing some fishes, flowers, rain in my old house
- Recently – I often get a dream that my marriage is planned and I am not able to prepare well for it. I am losing my hair
- What do you feel in the dream?
- I don’t know, maybe I am not able to express these things
- She further described her childhood
- I was a shy introverted child, maybe too attached to my mother
- I wouldn’t remember much about my childhood
- How is your sleep?
- I remain very tired, maybe it’s my dreams.When I wake up I don’t feel refreshed.
For the case analysis the main area of the case were the dreams, although the experience in dreams isn’t clear. I can formulate a clear pattern in the dreams.
Rx: MAG C 1m – 1 dose every month for 6 months, after which the allopathic medicines were tapered off.
TSH – 4.67 mdl
- Her weakness and sleep were the first things to improve in the first month
- Dreams – recurrence reduced, she was also put on a diet.
- Dreams further reduced by the 4th
- Appetite improved and she started feeling refreshed after waking up
- She was more relaxed especially after her hair fall started improving
One of the Noteworthy Symptom of the case was –
Sleep; UNREFRESHING; morning; more tired in morning than in evening
Magnesium Salts – Mag-C, Mag-M, Mag-S are often difficult to prescribe in the first few minutes of the case.They are often not very expressive. Much later in the case one can understand the deeper aspect of their repressed state.They will often just say yes or no to most of your questions and sometimes smile awkwardly.
If you study the repertory, you will be surprised to find that in the chapter Dreams – Magnesium and Cannabis are the remedies with maximum representation (one can understand the repressed state having many dreams).
Dr.Sankaran has famously written about it. In the repressed state, the patient is unaware of what he actually feels.
Vithoulkas has described them as being sensitive to quarrels and being peacemakers.
In his lectures on M.M., Kent writes about treating orphaned children without any results, until he discovered Magnesium carbonicum.