Free Homeopathy JournalHomeopathic Medicine Discussion ForumsHomeopathy seminar CalendarHomeopathy Audio LecturesVideo LecturesFree Homeopathy Books DownloadHomeopathic Crosswords

When Kali Phos should be taken and in what doses?

Hpathy Ezine, February, 2010 | Print This Post Print This Post |

When Kali Phos should be taken and in what doses?

Posted by:

My question is regarding the usage of Kaliphos 6X– in what circumstances should it be taken and also the dosage? i have been taking this medicine for 1 year for the treatment of depression , but i have discontinued it since the past two months or so. is it OK to start taking it again? Is there any withdrawal symptom related to it?

Dear Nitin,

Kali phos is some times used for depression on therapeutic indications. But this is not the right way to prescribe it or to take it. Homeopathic medicines are given on the basis of symptom similarity. The signs, symptoms, causative and maintaining factors, your constitution everything needs to be considered to prescribe the right remedy.

Kali phos may palliate your problems for some time but if it is not the properly chosen one, it may not have any deep and lasting effect. I would suggest that you should not take Kali phos in this manner for such prolonged times. Even though it may not have adverse effects, still it has limitations to work curatively for you. You should ideally consult a homeopath who can work not just on the depression but also on its cause – someone who can prescribe on your totality.

Wishing you health,

Dr. B


Manish Bhatia

- CEO, Hpathy Medical Pvt. Ltd. - Homeopathy physician. - Lecturer of Organon & Homeopathic Philosophy. - Founder Director of - Editor, Homeopathy 4 Everyone - Member, Advisory Board, Homeopathic Links - Member, Center for Advanced Studies in Homeopathy - Co-author - Homeopathy and Mental Health Care: Integrative Practice, Principles and Research - Author - Lectures on Organon of Medicine


  1. priyadeep

    January 26, 2013

    dear doctor,

    i am 18 year old male.
    i am suffering from nervous weakness,forgetfulness, low self esteem,depression and social anxiety for a long time.
    i was very lonely & shy from my childhood and for this reason i used to masturbate frequently.
    no i am undergoing graduate student (B.A) & its affect my study and concentration.
    i was not habituated to do any healthy physical exersice from my childhood but no from few weeks i am going for morning walk & it is giving me very nice feeling…

    thank you very much doctor for listening my problems.

    i am egarly waiting for your precious responce.

    thnks again.

  2. moolchand

    June 28, 2013

    Doctors are GOD’s GIFT to humanity, Sir, I m 73 year old.Mumbai, INDIA.After catract operation of L.eye.Now suffering from ” open angle glaucoma “, with watreing in both eye. After ” EUPHRASIA-1M, , 4 pills,3 times daily, is 90% comfortable. Now I take ” Staphysagria-10M. 2 drops in one table spoon of water one daily + ” Cineraria, eye drops,one drop in each eye, 3 times daily. Pl. guide & help me, wether I shopuld contineu,if YES, how long? OR BETTER ” HOMEOPATHY TREATMENT !
    thnks a lot.MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

    • Alan V. Schmukler

      Alan V. Schmukler

      June 28, 2013

      Dear Moolchand,

      10M’s of any remedy should not be casually repeated, as this could result in a proving.

  3. Malik

    July 22, 2013

    Hi Alan,
    could you please explain a bit – what do you mean it could result in proving? What do you mean by proving?


    • Alan V. Schmukler

      Alan V. Schmukler

      July 22, 2013

      When a remedy is taken repeatedly when it it not needed, or even in too high a potency, the person may develop the symptoms of the remedy.

  4. Malik

    July 22, 2013

    That means homeopathy could be dangerous too when taken without the supervision of a qualified physician …

  5. manisha

    February 14, 2015

    sir i m 20 years old m suffering from depression i take so many medicines bt cant gt relief from today i taking kali phos 6x it is right or not

  6. manisha

    February 14, 2015

    i have consulted so many doctors bt they do noting 4 me my condition is so bad so i need ur consult

  7. loko

    April 15, 2015

    Can anyone tell me which medicine can make me feel happy.i have sever depression also tried kali phos but nothing worked.

    • Janakiraman Rajalakshmi

      June 14, 2015

      Consult a professional Homeopath in person. He / She would make a complete case study & prescribe accordingly. You need to be in one to one contact with your Homeopath for follow up treatment.

      Kali Phos 6x is good for nerves & brain. It is not harmful in 6X potency. However depression is something which is curable through Homeopathy. There is no single remedy for depression .NEVER take any anti depressants , tranquilizers ; never go to a psychiatrist. There could be many reasons behind depression. And a qualified Homeopath alone can prescribe the right medicine in the right potency. An underactive thyroid , deep seated grief , childhood traumas etc can cause depression. Trust me , Homeopathy does cure effectively. In addition to that , pray to God. Attend Pravachans on Bhagavad Gita , Upanishads. Go for long walks regularly. Stick to vegetarian home cooked food. Do not eat fast food , junk food etc.

  8. kaushik patra

    June 4, 2015

    my child is 3years old. he is suffering of autism. can kaliphos help him.

    • Janakiraman Rajalakshmi

      June 14, 2015

      I have heard of a child being cured of autism by one Ayurvedic doctor. Unfortunately I do not have the name of the doctor. I am sure Homeopathy would be able to help. Preferably , you should consult a professional Homeopath. Kolkata ( Calcutta) has very good Homeopaths.

  9. Lalit Gautam

    July 23, 2015

    my self lalit gautam from himachal Pradesh.. i m also facing this kind of problem .. also loosing self confidence ….its so hard to remember.. any question .. related my study.. so sir plz… advise me . what should i do now ….. & which kind of medicine i can use.. now ….. my contact no is 08988453005.. plz…… plz…… plz… sir …

    • loko

      July 23, 2015

      First go to psychiatrist tell all of your problem to them and ask what disease it is? They will tell you what mental disorder you, they will prescribe medication for that disorder (most probably this is depression).but dont take that medication, just go to a good homeopath and tell him that you have that disease that your psychiatrist told you (depression) and take homeopathy remedy for depression and visit again to your homeopath after 5 days of taking medication and tell him what do you feel now after taking med for 5 days. Generally I have used this process bcoz homeopath does not have ability to identify what disease you have, they only treat the symptoms. And also let me know what medicine is given by your homeopath to treat depression and symptoms associated with your depression.

Add a comment

What is 2 + 15 ?
Please leave these two fields as-is:
IMPORTANT! To be able to proceed, you need to solve the following simple math (so we know that you are a human) :-)