Dr. Yudhvir Singh, the veteran freedom fighter and homoeopath was born in Jaipur on 11th July 1897. He received education at Agra and Allahabad. He started Homoeopathic practice at the age of 23 and simultaneously joined the freedom movement as a member of Congress. Since then and almost for 60 years he occupied a central figure not only in Delhi but also at the International level in the field of Homoeopathy.
In 1928 a homoeopathic charitable trust was started in his name which is now running 12 charitable homoeopathic dispensaries mainly located amidst the weaker sections of Delhi. Dr. Yudhvir Singh was the first Indian who became the president of the Municipal Committee where he removed corruption prevailing in the body and improved sanitation of the city and stopped the cow slaughter in Delhi.
In 1952 Dr. Yudhvir Singh was elected as a Member of the newly formed Legislative Assembly and became the Health and Labour Minister of Delhi. He improved the services of the hospitals and made special arrangements for the treatment of the poor. He brought the Delhi Homoeopathic Act in 1956.
In 1964 a homoeopathic college in Delhi was started under his by the charitable trust, which was later on taken over by the Delhi Administration. The construction of the building was started on a two and half acres of land purchased from Government with a capital investment of Rs. Eleven Lakh.
He was one of the founders of the Delhi Public Library and remained as President of the Governing body till his death. He was President of Delhi Nashabandi Samiti, Chairman of the Delhi Branch of the Hind Kusht Nivaran Sangh, President of Delhi Homoeopathic Board member of Central Council of Homoeopathy and President of the All- India Homoeopathic Medical Association, Chairman of the Reception Committee, International Homoeopathic Congress.
He was a true Gandhian in his life and worked for the betterment of the people and was awarded Padma Bhushan in 1977 for his multifarious social activities. He wrote regular columns on Homoeopathy in leading newspapers. On 18th June 1983, he left for his heavenly abode. He lived for others and worked for Homoeopathy