Publisher: B. Jain Publishers (P) LTD, Noida
Paperback – 393 pages
Current Price: Rs. 399.00
$23.24 on Amazon
Edition: first ed. (2014)
3rd impression: 2019
The book “Complete Homoeopathic Materia Medica at a Glance” by Ravi N. Bhosale and Anuradha.V. Chauhan was published in 2014. It covers sphere of action, source, ailment from, mind, constitution, temperament, thermal, miasm, keynote symptoms, clinical diagnosis, remedy relationships and modalities.
About The Author
Dr Anuradha. V. Chavan graduated from Dhondumama Sathe Homeopathic College, Pune with distinction in Materia Medica. She completed her MD from Y.M.T. Homoeopathic Medical College, Hospital & P.G. Institute, Kharghar,Mumbai. Her articles on homoeopathy have been published in various national and international journals like Heritage, National Journal of Homeopathy and Classical Homoeopathy.
Dr. Ravindra Namdeo Bhosale is a well known academician and clinician in the homoeopathic community. He completed his Post –Graduation from Mumbai University, Mumbai in 2005. From 1988 he served in various posts in Sawkar Homoeopathic Medical College, Satara, Maharashtra. With his wide experience of administration, from 1991 he is serving as the Principal of the college.
Dr. Bhosale has been a member of Central Council of Homoeopathy New Delhi since November 2006. He’s been Chairman of the Regulation Committee since 2010. His other books include I, II, III & IV B.H.M.S., and Homoeopathic Diagnosis & Potency Selection 3rd Edition.
Contents of The Book
1.Preface – It contains the plan and construction of the book which provides complete information about each remedy, from its drug action, constitution, thermal, miasm, mind, keynote symptoms, clinical diagnosis, modality to remedy relationship. Clinical suggestions are recommended for many drugs.
3.Complete drug picture of various medicines including the rare ones like Badiaga, Chimaphila umbilata, Duboisinum, Salix nigra etc…
4. Concise biography of Dr Samuel Hahnemann
5. Preparation of homoeopathic remedies
6. Format of clinical case history
7.Guiding points while selecting a potency
8.Common and family names of 188 medicines
9. Homeopathic pulse of around 98 medicines.
10. Homeopathic tongues of 102 medicines.
11. Dreams of some 60 frequently prescribed remedies
12. Miasmatic evolution of mind and all the systems of the body showing all the structural, functional and destructive changes
13. Lastly there are about 199 trios of remedies
The books bibliography is shown below:
1. Hahnemann, S 2010, Materia Medica Pura, B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi.
2. Hering, C 1997, Guiding symptoms of our Materia Medica, 1 edn, B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi.
3. Kent, JT I1999, Lectures on Homeopathic Materia Medica, B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi, India
4. Boericke, W 2004, Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia & Repertory, 1″edn, B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi Tyler, ML 2010, Homoeopathic Drug Pictures, BJain Publishers, New Delhi
5.Tyler, M l 2010, Homoeopathic Drug Pictures, BJain Publishers, New Delhi.
6. Clarke, J H 2001, Condensed Homoeopathic Materia Medica, 1″edn, B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi.
7. Allen, H C 1999, Allen’s Keynotes, 9 edn, B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi.
8. Farrington, E A 2004, Clinical Materia Medica, 1″edn, B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi.
9. Kent, J T, Repertory of the Homoeopathic Materia Medica, B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi.
10. Nash, E.B, Leaders in Homoeopathic Therapeutics, B. Jain Publishers, New Delhi.
11. Von Douglas M. Borland, Children’s Types, Narayana Verleg Publishers, Germany.
Merits of the Book
Comprising about 346 remedies including rare medicines and about 199 trios of remedies, the book is a good source of concise information. The format of the medicines is succinct yet informative. It also provides characteristic pulses and tongue of different medicines. All things considered it can serve as a one stop solution for both students and homoeopathic practitioners.
Leave a Comment